• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Graphical Spell creator

TGYoshi

In space
Reaction score
I'd like to hear your opinion on this 'tiny' project.

Since there isn't any decent "easy" spell creator, I've decided to start something that can generate Lua scripts for TFS servers, to make your own area spells easily with a GUI.
Besides generating a Lua script I thought about generating an animated gif of the spell as well (which already works).

I'll be coding this in C#.NET, it'll increase both my programming skills and might be useful for the community. The code will be open source.

testdis.png

^ Current very early looks.

testimg.gif

^ Generated GIF.​

Few questions to you:
- Do you think it's worth continuing on such a project?
- If so, would you use it for your server/if you had owned a server, would you use it? (or just while making spells)
- How do you imagine such a program to work?

Thanks for your time and enjoy =3.

Heh, thanks for the positive comments :).
I guess I'll continue on it. It's actually a quite interesting thing to make.

Just made the area generation working, includes "sizing it down".
Ly2y7.png

TGYoshi, you never fail to amaze me!

If you complete this project you will just be epic. Allows us all to actually visualise how the spell would look ingame and therefore is awesome!

There is a gap in the OT "market" for this and therefore it will be a very useful tool - it would be nice also if we (custom spriters) could add custom effects to it, like add our own spell effects.

Just a suggestion.

Keep it up
regards

I'll keep custom sprites in my mind, thanks for pointing me onto it. Shouldn't be a problem to get that to work as well.

I guess we would have to manually select the graphics on the program? Since it would be hard otherwise we would have to select the custom sprites within a .spr file.. So maybe have an option to "import" from individual png or bitmap images since we should have those individually in the first place :)

Would be an easy solution to add i guess :)

I've exported the original tibia sprites already (a few yet tho).
You can take this for example:
r2mXQ.gif

Currently you can import this bit by adding this line into a resources.xml file:
Code:
<effect name="Shock" source="elect.gif" scriptid="11" offset=""/>

This approach will probably change, tho. For now this works well.

______________ edit ____________

The following things get generated correctly. Doesn't look that neat tho, the script.
http://pastebin.com/c2HWyaiY -- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7795439/ot/testimg3.gif

Yup I'm bored.

Last edited:
When will it be released?

If this succeeds, I feel sell it, anyone who values their server should buy it, I'm not saying sell it overpriced, but maybe like 1$ since that is very low of an income for whoever actually runs a server, should be able to spare it.

If this succeeds, I feel sell it, anyone who values their server should buy it, I'm not saying sell it overpriced, but maybe like 1$ since that is very low of an income for whoever actually runs a server, should be able to spare it.

I won't sell it. Free stuff, yay!

When will it be released?

Whenever I feel like it's usable for production.

This is the exact reason why Open Tibia is a fail thesedays.

Back