• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtLand Help us in cleaning our community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello OtLanders!

Recently there has been some complaints about us moderators doing a weak job in our moderation, the forum is growing, and we might miss a few threads which contain insults, threats, negative/childish arguing.

But the staff, just as much as you, want a good, friendly community here at OTland. :)

So I post this thread to teach you how to give us a helping hand.

There is a report button, next to every post in a thread. It looks like this:

2800-report-button.png

This should be used to report spam, advertising messages (non relevant or in wrong board), and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

When using report button, there is a special system on this forum, so moderators will pay attention to your report, and then see if any actions against it is necessary.

Push us a bit, give us a challenge! This will make it easier to see if more moderator positions will be necessary on this forum, thus make the community better, less spammy, cleaner and more friendly. :thumbup:

OTland is our community! We all together are a part of it. And even YOU can help us improve it, every member count! :peace:

Enjoy surfing! And who knows? Perhaps we have cookies. ;)

// I might have English spelling mistakes, if you find some, I would be pleased if you could help me fix it. :)

Delirium said:
You should also add that they should use the report function to report threads that need moderation e.g outdated stickies.

Regards,
Otland.net staff.

Last edited:
Never ending war...

Trolls, and haters will always say:
- Why should we do the work of the moderators?, thats not our business!...

Moderators, admins:
- If you want a good comunity, then you should help us contributing too!

My side:
- Stupid war, is childish, who cares, stop talking about the report button, it should be used only if we want to, you talk about it like a responsability, and it is not, and trolls, you can't complain if your not helping too, so stop fighting about that, also, if the moderators aren't doing their work well enough, it is enough punish to see their own forum dying.

Yeah but at least don't come here complaining about bad posts when you didn't even bother to press the report button, that's just pure ignoracy (I am generally speaking). After all, it just takes some seconds nothing more.

Just view it from the positive side, reporting a post gives you one more post on your post counter :p

Recently there has been some complaints about us moderators doing a weak job in our moderation, the forum is growing, and we might miss a few threads which contains (should be contain) insults, threats, negative/childish arguing.

But the staffs (should be staff), just as much as you, want a good, friendly community here at OTland. :)

So I post this thread to teach you how to give us a helping hand.

There is a report button, next to every post in a thread. That (should be it) looks like this:

2800-report-button.png

This should be used to report spam, advertising messages (non relevant or in wrong board), and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

When using report button, there is a special system on this forum, so moderators will pay attention to your report, and then see if any actions against it is necessary.

Push us a bit, give us a challenge! This will make it easier to see if more moderator positions will be necessarily (should be necessary) on this forum, thus make the community better, less spammy, cleaner and more friendly. :thumbup:

OTland is our community! We all together is (should be are) a part of it. And even YOU can help us improve it, every member count! :peace:

Enjoy surfing! And who knows? Perhaps we have cookies. ;)

// I might have English spelling mistakes, if you find some, I would be pleased if you could help me fix it. :)

Regards,
Otland.net staff.

Just some grammar mistakes :p, don't know if it's all of them. By the way, you're English isn't bad at all. Seen A LOT worse :p.

Thanks Zoriath, fixed now. ^^

im reporting for a half of year already but i think that the mod's should put a bit more afford to the forum to keep it clean, and also the community should report some posts that are not nice *fighting, swearing, insulting. . .*

buaehuEh never used that button and not going to. Flamers/spammers don't bother me. My opinion though.. and yeah, it's nice to see someone still cares about this forum

Well, what about moderators that deletes reported post that aren't offtopic? Moderators that start to take sides of other otservers? I'm pointing at you, Znote.

What should we do with those? Report them aswell? It's not like you can restore messages.

Well, what about moderators that deletes reported post that aren't offtopic? Moderators that start to take sides of other otservers? I'm pointing at you, Znote.

What should we do with those? Report them aswell? It's not like you can restore messages.

Yes, we can restore deleted messages.

If I do anything wrong in my moderation, report the thread with containing deleted messages, and I will come with a reason, if my reason is wrong or not a valid reason, I can restore them.

And if you are not satisfied with my conclusion, tried to talk over it with me, and I still hang to the reason, which you still think is wrong of me, then you can ask other moderators for their opinion. Other moderators can also restore the messages I have deleted.

If I keep doing unfair decisions several times without learning of my mistakes, for an example to use my moderator position as an advantage for me in a bad way like this, then other moderators and admins will most likely remove my position, or demote me.

Thanks for your feedback, hope this helps you fight justice. :)

For this it should be like a Feedback link for a short paragraph explaining Moderator's Behavior and what Otland needs to improve in.

hmm

Hello otlanders, just figured id drop by and say hey and add a little nugget of truth to this sticky

http://otland.net/f250/reload-mods-rev-3660-a-72810/ < sorry if you cant see it if your non donator ill provide the whole 2 post conversation

Is that how global moderators talk to people?

Reload mods ? Rev 3660

using 3660

Whenever I reload mods it hangs and spams this for infinite time

[16:5:12.974] [Error - NpcScript Interface]
[16:5:12.975] (Unknown script file)
[16:5:12.975] Description:
[16:5:12.976] attempt to call a nil value
[16:5:12.976] stack traceback:

Even with No mods in mod folder

over and over and over...

if anybody could help I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Today, 22:47 #2 (permalink)
elf
Sing, sing blue silver

f*** you (-Edited for quality assurance-)

This is my first conversation with him. seemed like a good guy from his posts and then this. im confused.

Last edited:
It should be that the founder of a thread could remove his own thread. This will also help keeping the site clean.

I'm against that. Imagine a guy saying something negative in advertisment, or saying that he is a scammer in jobs section?

Second option:
If thread is older than xxx days and got no replies for xxx days = autodelete

I thought about suggesting that too once, but figured that since old threads often got information you can find by searching we will have less topics about noob questions (given taht the person know about search).

Old threads should be archived not deleted. Makes our community more popular among goggle searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back