• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtLand Help us in cleaning our community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello OtLanders!

Recently there has been some complaints about us moderators doing a weak job in our moderation, the forum is growing, and we might miss a few threads which contain insults, threats, negative/childish arguing.

But the staff, just as much as you, want a good, friendly community here at OTland. :)

So I post this thread to teach you how to give us a helping hand.

There is a report button, next to every post in a thread. It looks like this:

2800-report-button.png

This should be used to report spam, advertising messages (non relevant or in wrong board), and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

When using report button, there is a special system on this forum, so moderators will pay attention to your report, and then see if any actions against it is necessary.

Push us a bit, give us a challenge! This will make it easier to see if more moderator positions will be necessary on this forum, thus make the community better, less spammy, cleaner and more friendly. :thumbup:

OTland is our community! We all together are a part of it. And even YOU can help us improve it, every member count! :peace:

Enjoy surfing! And who knows? Perhaps we have cookies. ;)

// I might have English spelling mistakes, if you find some, I would be pleased if you could help me fix it. :)

Delirium said:
You should also add that they should use the report function to report threads that need moderation e.g outdated stickies.

Regards,
Otland.net staff.

Last edited:
Jupp, I try to report what I see, and it gets handled within a few hours (sometimes minutes, but thats more rare). With the kick of moderators like Archez and master-m you should really have found someone to replace them (well, my opinion).

Keep in mind that it takes a while for moderators to approve threads in the download section, because we have to go through several security steps before it gets approved. We have to download files, upload and scan files, then extract the files, find exe files, upload and scan exe files, look for API calls, verify that its secure, then approve it, sometimes upload it to more suitable mirrors(hosting sites) etc.

So only a few moderators with much spare time and good Internet is suitable to approve those threads. Sometimes, in case of vacation for an example, some threads might take up to 10+ days before it becomes approved and displayed to the public.

Hate to say it, but cleaning should be changed to clean for the sake of English grammar.

or add "in" before cleaning. lol not a big deal. good announcement.

Thanks for the grammatical fixes, keep them coming. I admit my English is not good, and I appreciate any help I can get to improve it. :)

Last edited:
Never ending war...

Trolls, and haters will always say:
- Why should we do the work of the moderators?, thats not our business!...

Moderators, admins:
- If you want a good comunity, then you should help us contributing too!

My side:
- Stupid war, is childish, who cares, stop talking about the report button, it should be used only if we want to, you talk about it like a responsability, and it is not, and trolls, you can't complain if your not helping too, so stop fighting about that, also, if the moderators aren't doing their work well enough, it is enough punish to see their own forum dying.

Never ending war...

Trolls, and haters will always say:
- Why should we do the work of the moderators?, thats not our business!...

Moderators, admins:
- If you want a good comunity, then you should help us contributing too!

My side:
- Stupid war, is childish, who cares, stop talking about the report button, it should be used only if we want to, you talk about it like a responsability, and it is not, and trolls, you can't complain if your not helping too, so stop fighting about that, also, if the moderators aren't doing their work well enough, it is enough punish to see their own forum dying.

When did this become a war? Haha. This is a community, and we are both a part of it.

And I have never forced you to use the reported button and/or giving us help.
However, if you do, you will help us giving us a better community.

// Also let me notice you, that reporting a post will not make you do an action which a moderator should do, you are not doing our job, but you are telling us "Hey moderators, please take a look at this!"

I do not get paid a penny for this, I am NOT a global moderator here because I want money. It is because I like helping.

I myself have donated a lot of money to this forum, because I like it, and I enjoy participating in it.

So I have spent money on this, I have spent A LOT of spare time on this, and I ask of nothing in return. Because I value my time here. And at least for me, it is definitely worth it.

Thank you for your feedback. :)

And znote@favs, I love you too! :D

Last edited:
I use it all the time but :p

On OTFans there is a section were you can watch all of you reports so you know what happens to em, Would be great if OTLand got a function like that to.

I use it all the time but :p

On OTFans there is a section were you can watch all of you reports so you know what happens to em, Would be great if OTLand got a function like that to.

And disable the post count on those reports, reports aren't POSTS and TBH i would love to know the real post quantity i have.

And disable the post count on those reports, reports aren't POSTS and TBH i would love to know the real post quantity i have.

Don't mean like that.. if you check OTFans you can see the status of your reports.

http://otfans.net/pprm.php

Hope it's allowed to post OTFans links :S

An example:
You reported ktownrep93's post (Closed)
You
Open
03/08/2009 @ 19:08Real Tibia
Xeta
Closed
03/08/2009 @ 19:33

Status
Not open for further replies.