• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help with compiled OTCilent

Nostalgian

Reaction score
Ok, so this thing has been absolutely frustrating the crap out of me for a long time. I CANNOT get this to successfully compile. I have followed the windows tutorial to the letter, and I have also manually included/linked every single file from the official SDK.

No matter what I do, VS absolutely refuses to recognize certain files from the SDK.

It's a constant battle of "cannot open XXXXX : no such file or directory", when I'm looking at the folder. The path is 100% correct. The file is 100% there.

I'm no expert on the matter (obviously), but I have easily compiled just about every open source project that has existed on these forums over the past 10 years. Why does OTclient give me so much trouble?

This has drove me nuts for months. I constantly spend a few hours each day for a week trying to compile unsuccessfully, then get mad and move on for a month or two, then come back and try again, rinse wash repeat.

I see people post "I compiled it fine with no errors by following the tutorial from github". Well, great, why is it so different for me? I use the exact libraries and follow this tutorial on: edubart/otclient

Plus, when that inevitably doesn't work, I go in and manually link/include the files. No avail.

Does anyone out there do anything different than whats on the wiki in order to get it to successfully compile?

Please, teach me.

If you don't want to teach me, is there any kind soul out there that will temporarily fix my problem by providing me a recent compiled version with:

- Bot protection on
- Transparency added by adding
Code:
enableFeature(Otc::GameSpritesAlphaChannel);

in the method

Code:
void Game::setProtocolVersion(int version)

found in src/client/game.cpp

I apologize for the rant.

Thanks.

Sorry , may be a bit late but, did you manage to fix that? , and , mmmh btw , do you registered the variables enviroments for every sdk?

Back