• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

HesteN's mapping thread [The Scarlet Horn teaser]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the mountain paths continues, and leads into the mountain..

DwarvenKingdom9.png

DwarvenKingdom6.png

DwarvenKingdom7.png

DwarvenKingdom8.png

To be continued! :]

This shit looks heavy! :D

Thanks for the comments, sorry to disappoint some of you.

Hehe yes absolutely there will be tons of dwarfs! More coming in the week.

Awesome, only thing I dislike is that the statues used on the gate kinda of doesnt fit each other, because of older/newer sprites. The old ones are much blurry compared to the new ones and thats kinda looks weird to my eyes.

Other than that great job.

Last picture looks really awesome, rest look good too.

Thanks for the comments everyone, its appreciated. :]

@ Siegh: yeah I was actually thinking the same when I put it out, but decided to stick with it :p

Thanks Neon, allright Selooth.

The underground is under construction~

DwarvenKingdom10.png

I am not sure this piece is done, Im sceptic right now, tell me what you like and/or dislike, and let me know what you think I should change if you dont like it.

Can you take some pictures of your temples and towns, I really like your mapping and I want to take some notes from your town structures. :) If possible that is, whenever you have time!

@Hesten : Looking at the last pic, I'm not sure I like those walls with the lava, or vise versa.

I'd like to see the bigger debris stone~ to the left removed since the bridge is perfectly intact
(= no debris with that color should rly be there, only grey gravel/debris/stones)
Otherwise it looks really good ;D
perhaps 1-2 very small gravel spots wouldn't be too shaby, but it's after all a bridge, used all the time by the dwarfs I presume, so It doesn't matter if it's clean :F

You should work more on the symetrical detailing of the walls, would look much better if it were really symetric, also on the bridge flooring. And try experimenting more on the stone tiles, you can make a lot more of nice symmetrical drawings with them.

But its a great job and a great scenario of course.

Thanks Neon, allright Selooth.

The underground is under construction~

DwarvenKingdom10.png

I am not sure this piece is done, Im sceptic right now, tell me what you like and/or dislike, and let me know what you think I should change if you dont like it.

Awesome! So far this and the hotel apartment are my personal favorites from you, horsehead!

Can you take some pictures of your temples and towns, I really like your mapping and I want to take some notes from your town structures. :) If possible that is, whenever you have time!

Hehe thank you, well yeah I have posted it in this thread earlier tho, but I guess it can be a lil annoying searching trough.. XD Else I can prolly repost it if you want, but not right now :p

@Hesten : Looking at the last pic, I'm not sure I like those walls with the lava, or vise versa.

Uhm, allright why not? and what would you say would be better then?

It looks done, but the floor is empty, but it looks good.

Thanks, yes but I want to keep the floor clean, dwarves precious their home and wants to reserve its beauty.

more stones or gravel to bridge rest looks okay.

Same answer there as up ^

I'd like to see the bigger debris stone~ to the left removed since the bridge is perfectly intact
(= no debris with that color should rly be there, only grey gravel/debris/stones)
Otherwise it looks really good ;D
perhaps 1-2 very small gravel spots wouldn't be too shaby, but it's after all a bridge, used all the time by the dwarfs I presume, so It doesn't matter if it's clean :F

Haha allright, thanks - I havent really considered that the stone could be taken for a piece of brick fallen from the stone bridge xD

You should work more on the symetrical detailing of the walls, would look much better if it were really symetric, also on the bridge flooring. And try experimenting more on the stone tiles, you can make a lot more of nice symmetrical drawings with them.

But its a great job and a great scenario of course.

Well, I think it is symmetrical? I mean thats what Im going for, and I know sometimes it dosent look a 100% symmetrical but thats because of the tibia sprites angle, cant really be made so that it looks a 100% always since its not 3D

I think it looks cool

Aight thanks

Awesome! So far this and the hotel apartment are my personal favorites from you, horsehead!

Haha thank you! But the hotel was almost all knatte1s work, I just did the frame of the house and came with an idea, rest was all Knatte1s doing :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back