• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

HesteN's mapping thread [The Scarlet Horn teaser]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trailer isn't important now, HesteN. Finnish the map before thinking of anything else! :)

ye the pics are really awesome ;)
GOOD WORK!!!

Here's what I've been making so far today, gotta love not having to work somedays the spare time sure is needed to map ! xD

Minotaurtower1.png

Minotaurtower2.png

Minotaurtower3.png

Minotaurtower4.png

Minotaurtower5.png

Minotaurtower6.png

Minotaurtower7.png

Minotaurtower8.png

Sorry for not taking them in darker lights, its just annoying getting asraped by all minos while trying to take pics x)

Uhm, the first 3 pics look good and then the ones underground is amazing :)
Tho, I reaaaally dislike the top floors... :/
I have no idea what is what.. Everything is just floating randomly... Sry, but the top floors just aint good..
Tip: Make it YOUR STYLE not rl tibia style and it will roxxor! (As Usual ;))
~What I mean is: Don't make it like the mino tower on rl tibia with the super broken floors and such..~

And oh.. Just to mention it..
If the other floors are that broken.. Arn't the bottom floor supposed to be like.. EXTREMELY, no.. BEYOND extreme... In terms of being messy... XD
~Just a Thought, if your planning to keep the weird flooring up-top xF~

Uhm, the first 3 pics look good and then the ones underground is amazing :)
Tho, I reaaaally dislike the top floors... :/
I have no idea what is what.. Everything is just floating randomly... Sry, but the top floors just aint good..
Tip: Make it YOUR STYLE not rl tibia style and it will roxxor! (As Usual ;))
~What I mean is: Don't make it like the mino tower on rl tibia with the super broken floors and such..~

And oh.. Just to mention it..
If the other floors are that broken.. Arn't the bottom floor supposed to be like.. EXTREMELY, no.. BEYOND extreme... In terms of being messy... XD
~Just a Thought, if your planning to keep the weird flooring up-top xF~

Thanks, but uhm.. You are confusing me a lil sometimes XD

About the style, I want it to be oldschool tibia style, but with a fresh twist. Thats how I do alot of my mappings because the things that I like from tibia, is some things that I will try to bring into this server, because I want that cosy feeling that I got when I played real along time ago, but ofcourse Im not trying to copy it, but I want parts of my map to remind alot of the good parts. :]

and yeah I agree the top parts dosent look that good, perhaps its just because of the borders, but I wanted to use it because if I dont do it its really hard to see what floor the black tiles actually are on XD..

And the underground was protected by the fact that it was underground! This tower was actually ruined by a series of huge waves from the ocean, since its built right on the shore!

Thats all for now, gotta run to the gym now, ciao! xD

I like it all, I think it looks great, the real tibia bits for the top floors is a bit "iffy?" not 100% like, but I love the ground floor and below. :)

Thanks, but uhm.. You are confusing me a lil sometimes XD

About the style, I want it to be oldschool tibia style, but with a fresh twist. Thats how I do alot of my mappings because the things that I like from tibia, is some things that I will try to bring into this server, because I want that cosy feeling that I got when I played real along time ago, but ofcourse Im not trying to copy it, but I want parts of my map to remind alot of the good parts. :]

and yeah I agree the top parts dosent look that good, perhaps its just because of the borders, but I wanted to use it because if I dont do it its really hard to see what floor the black tiles actually are on XD..

And the underground was protected by the fact that it was underground! This tower was actually ruined by a series of huge waves from the ocean, since its built right on the shore!

Thats all for now, gotta run to the gym now, ciao! xD

Oh lol, sorry for the confusing mixup there, ofc I meant the Main floor, ~7~ >_<
Not the bottom Floor xD
the underground floors are just supposed to have minor injuries and rubble, just like it is :D
And about the waves, could be cool to add rubble in one direction (where the waves have come from) just to add more of that feeling that your trying to get? :D

As Falarion said, the ground floor should be a lot more messy, maybe lots of gravel would give the feeling of an "eroded" tower.

I dont quite like this rl-tibia style at the higher floors, the floors are very hard to see and not even good looking. But your's better than cip's at least.

The underground is great, nothing to add here.

Good job!

Wow your mino pieces are really nice :eek:. Only got a few comment! Especially the underground minos are awesome!
1) On the third picture, you should in my opinion remove the fire on the wall.
2) On the fourth picture (on a higher floor) it looks like the path is floating sometimes.
3) It looks like it's a tower on a hidden place because you dont see any path going to the "house", while Minotaurs are important creatures for players to hunt on.

Thanks everyone :]

@ Siegh: Perhaps, but I didint want to overspam it, even if it should be like that, it dosent look too good, we can all just say the waves have brought the most of it into the sea (a)

@ Sentielo: 3) Well its because its an island, if you find the hole leading to the island, you will find the tower, so its not as hard a u may think :)

MinotaurTowerminimap.png

some new issues happend in rl so i will be still away for some weeks :S hope u guys understand and keep the great work up!

<3

WardawG

some new issues happend in rl so i will be still away for some weeks :S hope u guys understand and keep the great work up!

<3

WardawG

Come back asap!

Looks good, but I don't like the mountain borders. :(

Yeah but the thing is if I dont have them, when u wander around there u have no idea where the floor is because if its a hole on your floor and black stone tiles underneat it, it looks just as if its the same floor :p

Hehe thanks for the comments, yeah I dont even think I like this picture myself either, I've been sitting all day wanting to start mapping something, but I dont know wtf to do.. so I've been revamping a smaller island and some city doings, but Im getting like zero done right now.. and noones working with me right now so it gets a little boring too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back