• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

HesteN's mapping thread [The Scarlet Horn teaser]

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's better than the picture you showed before... but it's still abit boring and some details are wrong, there is no "WOW, thats GREAT effect", in your latest works.
and I think it should be at that kind of area.

it's better than the picture you showed before... but it's still abit boring and some details are wrong, there is no "WOW, thats GREAT effect", in your latest works.
and I think it should be at that kind of area.

What would you like to see to get the wow feeling then ?

Lol, its all been made in RAW dumbass.

Come with some specific thing if you want me to improve it or just dont post at all, because thats just a stupid comment.

It's the truth, but overdone. You are a good mapper but you don't have that special something. What makes Crolly and some others think you're really overrated.
I don't want this to turn out in a discussion so I'll quit doing this. Le bye.

Well you opened up for one anyway.

I dont mind if you dont like it, fine. As long as you can tell me why.. And a comment such as "something in RAW" is just retarded. It is made in RAW, wether its the way you wanted it to turn out or not. Thats why I asked for opinions on HOW to make it better if you dislike it, and that comment dosent help out anything at all.

Overrated? Yeah perhaps depends on who you ask, I never claimed that Im the best or one of the best mappers. I think Im good, but no not on making it an "EPIC BADASS SHOWOFF PIC" No. Because thats not what I want, thats not what Im looking for, as I stated the first time I ever posted a pic here: I am aiming to do the best, RPG ot server. NOT trying to do showoff pics such as "Wow omg thats soo awesome kewl!" Sure its fun if it turns out as a really good piece, but Im still mapping a whole map, its just a little piece, to me being overrated - is pieces such as Peroxide does (No offense pero) a small piece pure showoff, I mean it looks great! Yes, it looks fucking epic! But does it ever get complete as a big playable map? Im sorry but no I dont think so! That is what I try to do, I try to make a huuuuuuge playable map, where everything looks GOOD, not EPIC! Sure, some things may not even look good to some guys, but everyone have diffrent opinions, some things someone may love meanwhile someone else hates it, thats taste, I know.

But when I ask for your opinion on how to improve the piece, tell me WHAT I could do, if you dont like it, tell me you like it if its fine the way it is, I dont mind what you say as long as its constructive, the comments you and Crolly posted have just been crap, not helping anyone, if you dont have anything helpful to say, then dont write anything!

Hypocritic isn't it? You want comments wether it is good or not, and how to improve. Exactly what I want, but then u comment you don't find it "special" and you find it "boring" and therefore you don't comment.
Also, don't take it that literally what Crolly says. He means ur mapping doesn't look that special (good) because it LOOKS LIKE you doodad a lot.

Yeah I didint want to comment that because I know that info isint really helpful, THATS WHY I didint want to say it, I just told you because u asked me...

And thats the point. If Crolly dosent like it thats fine, but then tell me what I should change instead. Jesus christ what the fuck got into you?

well we should stop the discussion, but hesten, if u dont want to see useless comments, noone should write in your thread: "that's good" without saying any clear reason.
if he writes:
that sucks or that's cool
doesnt matter, so everyone has to write why he think so.

well, I didnt like your latest pictures, because the shaping was bad (kinda squary), the bordering not that good and the nature kinda bad.
it looked like, wow I did it in like 10 minutes. but it's not good at all

Well yeah mayby making the bridge less squary / the house will let people enjoy that place more. Mayby you can also play something with the fire so it looks like it's a bit more rough or so? Mayby that is what people mean, aint sure ;P. Finally you could add some small stones as I said earlier. In my opinion it's not needed by the way!

I disagree on that part, because if they say they like it, without no flaws to add, you know its good enough for them, that means its fine. Nothing to add or change, thats just as good to know as to know there is something to change..

Allright thats good, then I know why you dont like it thanks, I'll see what I can do.

Haha, havent really been thinking about that.. xD

Anyways, here is a piece of a chain quest, yeah I know its nothing special! But a lil bump, now Im going to bed - nighty!

Spectrum.png

Bah what the crap ! Did I manage to do that again -.- It wasent shown in the editor, sorry about that..

I was thinking about open my own RPG [my own map] untill i saw this tread. This server looks amazing have you been thinking about when to launch the server and what the exp/skill/m lvl rates will be?

I don't like how you have ruined brick walls on the bottom, and non ruined ones on top of them. If that tower was constructed in real life, it would have fallen by now. :D
Otherwise, I like it. Looks like you could implement a quest or a story there with that npc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back