• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

HesteN's mapping thread [The Scarlet Horn teaser]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the cults / demon spawn <3 and the little stories make the pictures much better :p

Hehe thanks Prest :)

Yes Illusion Im actually finishing something up right now which I will post within 2 hours most likely - probably less, its not the continuing of the cults quest I had to take a break from that, been ill so thats why I havent posted in a while, I've worked on this a couple of days tho~ :]

As I wander the in the woods, I suddenly walks into a couple of houses, seems to be a small village..

LiberyVillage2.png

I stumble into a man guarding the entrence of the village, he would only let me entering the village after I had done task for him.

LiberyVillage1.png

"Eldrige is the "sheriff" of the village, he's handeling the village weapons at he's house, and is the one who guards the village entrence, not letting in anyone out of the village without them gaining he's trust first. He may seem to be abit of a cranky man when you first meet them, because he have some trust issues with new people, but once you get to know him he's a really good person."

I feel like checking the village out trying to learn to know the citizens a little bit.

LiberyVillage3.png

"Woah, big John. You dont want to mess with John, he's a huge and strong warrior, not aggressive at all and really calm normally, but if you hurt anyone of he's beloved ones you better run, fast. He have kind of retired from he's proffession as a warrior, but he will do what he must to protect the village."

It is a very friendly and peaceful village, but they are absolutely prepared for intruders.

LiberyVillage5.png

The next person I meet is an old man who seems to be studying his books.

LiberyVillage4.png

"Marius is the elderly wise magician in the village, who spends most of his days in his home reading books, a polite old man who is very loved by the rest of the village."

I got to meet the mayor aswell!

LiberyVillage6.png

"Quimby is the mayor of the little village, not that he is more important then the others, but he likes to think that of himself which may annoy the other villagers a little sometimes, but he's not a bad person, perhaps a little stupid tho."

There was a local bar with an elderly gentle bartender.

LiberyVillage7.png

"Benny is an old gentleman working in the local bar serving drinks to the thirsty visitor (no minors tho, dont forget your ID!) ."

I met a woman, that I would not dare to disrespect.. she was giving me the creeps with all her weapons and bloody thropys..

LiberyVillage8.png

"Zandra is a very strong warrior woman, who dosent let any man treat her like a girl without them suffering the consequences, she is a very well known female hero among the lands of "Scarlet Horn" and mostly known for all the mighty dragons she have slayed, she have her own personal "dragon thropy" collection in her home, which is her proudest possesions."

I met a man standing by the archery range who seemed to be looking for a new student, he is the village archery teacher.

LiberyVillage9.png

"An Archery expert who was originally and outlaw, living in the woods but recently met the peope of -

- village, and decided to make his stay here, his proffession in the village is that he teaches the other citizens to

handle a a bow, learning them how to hunt and defend themself and the village."

The woman you can see in the house is Hanna Dolwyn:
"Hanna is a middle-aged woman who is also very loved by the village, mostly for her food, she loves to cook and is really good at it and dosent mind sharing."

Inspiration source: Xedrai

i don't like the nature outside the city walls.. other looks cool :)

Very nice :)
would she share that chicken?

Absolutely! XD

i don't like the nature outside the city walls.. other looks cool :)

Haha I was sure I was going to hear that.. Yeah I know its not my kind of nature really, its just that messy because I want to prevent people from talking to the npc from outside the walls, because theese npcs will all have quests, and you will not be let in to them before you do a quest for the guardian :]

I really love small villages :D
Hope to see more lil villages

Thanks guys! Really appreciated :) Spent "alot" of time on it so feels good to hear it turned out neat :]

I totally like the village idea!
Maybe add another one which is in some kind of fight with them?
Make the player choose his "side" which village he will fight for? ^_^

...I see more NPCs waiting to be scripted xD...

Haha but its supposed to be a peaceful village mate! XD They are not in war with anyone they only fight when they have to defend themselves ! :]

And yes, mooooar NPCs for you dear sir ;))

..they only defend themselfs?
AIGHT, let's get some monsters to attack them, players should help out the villagers and earn (points?reputation?) for every monster they slay in order to help protecting it!

I just realized, that should be in the "discussion" section :O
my bad...

Still! Nice mapping :D

..they only defend themselfs?
AIGHT, let's get some monsters to attack them, players should help out the villagers and earn (points?reputation?) for every monster they slay in order to help protecting it!

I just realized, that should be in the "discussion" section :O
my bad...

Still! Nice mapping :D

That sounds absolutely great :D And yeah we should stick it to the discussion thread for longer discussions but this is allright ^^ Feel free to write down a quest of your own for either of theese npcs, I havent done all of them yet~ Anyway catch me on msn later or pm me mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back