• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hiring someone for the single task of successfully altering the Damage Melee and Distance Formula for my engine, or vocation(s) within the engine.

BlueBlimp

Reaction score
I would like to pay someone for the completion of this task:

Successfully alter the Damage Formula within the engine or Vocation to my satisfaction.

I use TFS 0.4. I do not know how to alter the Damage Formula for the engine or any vocation of this engine. Currently the only thing I know how to do is change the "x-damage" and "x-skll" in the Vocations.xml file. This is unsatisfactory to me. Players and Monsters both have skills and weapon attack so there must be a formula that is being used inputting those variables -- I want to know what that formula is, and/or better change it. There simply must be a way to do this.

The Damage Formula I wish to use in the main is from Peonso, the pre 8.0 Melee and Distance Damage Formula: Game mechanics through time. (https://otland.net/threads/game-mechanics-through-time.216072/)

Code:
Your max damage is:
0.06*skill*WeaponAtk*d
Where d is your damage factor:
Full Attack: 1
Balanced: 7/10
Full Defence: 1/2
Your damage is a random number between 0 and your max damage rounded down, note that it can still be reduced by defenses (if it's reduced to a value below 1 by shield = poof, by armor = sparks).

Your min damage is:
level/5
Your max damage is:
(0.065*skill*WeaponAtk*d)
Where d is your damage factor:
Full Attack: 1
Balanced: 3/4
Full Defence: 1/2
Your damage is a random number between min damage rounded down and your max damage rounded down, note that it can still be reduced by armor (if reduced below 1 = sparks).

This is the base I built my engine/server from:

Please respond/contact me if you believe you can meet these needs. It must be completed to the point that it works server or vocation wide without a bug or error, no partial completion will receive full compensation as this does little for me in the practical. Specifics and terms can be of course negotiated.

Back