• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How much do we like mounts anyway?

Mr Noxi

Noxus Otserver
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey there mount user?

So i'v been thinking, my server that am working on tfs 1.4 does not contain alot of mounts that can be obtained but i'v been thinking over and over and cant rly decide if i should implement a bunch or not sooo i would like to know.

How often would u use a mount if u had one? Not for Speed attribute purpose but just for the looks of it?

Yey or nay ?

Thanksss

To be honest
I kinda dislike mounts or 10.98 overall
It feels like u have to create a whole custom ot with 2058 different modules to gain people
While 860 is simple and still fun?

Approach also matters. Either there is 5050505050 mounts to choose from, or for example there is one unique mount for all players (for instance - horse) and maybe 2-3 special mounts. (item shop, quests etc)

mounts in games makes sence because players always walk in a fixed speed unless some short temporary buffs.
In tibia they dont make sence because you walk faster every level.

Give everyone the same walking speed (not too slow, make it nice) and give them stuff that can help them walk faster for 30 seconds etc. Like potions, spells(already exist), food, special boots(already exist). Make it feel like when you get a mount it will make you walk 50% faster than those without, make it special.

mounts in games makes sence because players always walk in a fixed speed unless some short temporary buffs.
In tibia they dont make sence because you walk faster every level.

Give everyone the same walking speed (not too slow, make it nice) and give them stuff that can help them walk faster for 30 seconds etc. Like potions, spells(already exist), food, special boots(already exist). Make it feel like when you get a mount it will make you walk 50% faster than those without, make it special.
Good point , it has to give some kind of wanted effect , maybe as u say some kind of boost of speed or health maybe or whatever

Back