• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux HOW TO: Edit max connections limits on a Linux Server?

Koxose

Reaction score
It is possible to make the value of max connections that's setted up now on your standard linux server to an unlimited value. The "Open File" value have to be changed. The standard value is 1024. That means that only a maximum of 1024 connections are possible to your dedic.

But how is it possible to change this value? By saying the command: "ulimit -a" you can find these value.
I have tried several methods to change this value, but the result was bad.
I have tried: ulimit -n 50000 (to change to max 50000 connections) and yes, the value changed to 50000.
But the value resetted when I logged off and logged in with putty (no reboot). So the value didn't save somehow.

I read on google that you have to edit : /etc/security/limits.conf
But it is not explained what to edit, so again I couldnt edit this value.

Is there anyone at this support board with a high knowledge about the network settings on Linux Debian 6 that could answer my question?

I am looking forward to your message :)

Back