• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to extract maps from .MAP extension files? Version 5.1 real Tibia

Well, you can open them in "Tibia Map Viewer". Press File> Export to .BMP...
Something like this:
B2Rz5G5.gif

Well, you can open them in "Tibia Map Viewer". Press File> Export to .BMP...
Something like this:

Hey thx a lot for info. I don't know how to download each of those maps from the GIF tho. I tried separating them in ezgif.com but the frames to download became small thumbnails.

I'm not pro at OTS stuff and map programs, when I open RME for 7.72 version it shows some error to navigate to version 10.98 folder... Why is it asking for 10.98 when I have all the 7.72 files. Even when I open the editor and I want to load this 5.1 map the files are not shown in the folder.

Edit: I was able to extract those images from your GIF with some online website. WooHoo!

Last edited:
Hell Viper's Tibia Site (http://www.geocities.ws/hellviper2002/maps.html)

On this old website you can download real 5.1 maps, but I don't know how to extract them from .MAP extension and change them to a regular big map in .PNG file.

As far as I remember, the old client map format was pretty much the same as the new one and it's a kind of bitmap. The difference is that each old .map is a square of 128x128, where the new ones are 256x256 plus they also hold speed factor info and marks.
Old map: 128x128 squares, 1 byte for a square (color) = 16384 bytes. New map: 256x256 squares, 1 byte for a square = 65536 bytes + again 1 byte for each square (speed factor info) = another 65536 bytes + at the end of the file marks are saved (if added).
Name of the file -> coordinates of the top left corner of the map piece it represents.
You can convert cip color to RGB with this:
Code:
    R = 51 * (CipColor / 36);
    G = 51 * ((CipColor / 6) % 6);
    B = 51 * (CipColor % 6);

Last edited:
Back