• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to Jailbreak your iPhone

Deavz

Global Moderator
Senator
Reaction score
Hi, This tutorial will show you how to Jailbreak your iPhone, note that I've only tested this on my iPhone 3GS, I don't know how it works on iPhone 3G, Ipod Touch 2G & 3G but it will probably work fine.
This is only for OS 3.1.2
I will not take responsibility if something happens to your Phone, this way works perfect for me.

Important things before you start:
  • Make a backup
  • NEVER update your firmware while your iphone is jailbroken, it will just fuck up your phone.

Since my iphone has the New boot rom. I have to jailbreak it everytime after a shutdown.
However, the easiest way to see if your phone has the new or old boot rom is to jailbreak it, just restart it and see how it works.

Okay, back to the tutorial.
So the first thing you will need is a program called blackra1n, you can download it from blackweather
Download the program and save it somewhere on your computer, doesn't matter where.
Make sure that your iphone is connected with your computer.

Launch the program, a box with a button where it says "Make it rain" will appear on your screen, press the button.
Just wait until the jailbreak is done.

Congratulations, your iPhone is now jailbroken

How do i get apps?
Okay, now you will have an app called blackra1n on your iPhone, enter the app and download Cydia and Rock.

Run the Cydia application, go to Manage > Sources > Edit > Add
Add Cydia.hackulo.us and then click "Add Source"
126736500753.png

You have now added hackulo.us as a source, enter it and download Appsync for OS 3.1
Go back to the source hackulo.us and download Installous, You can find many apps for free that you usually have to pay for in app store.

You can now download free apps! :)

FAQ
What is Cydia and Rock?
Cydia and Rock is package installers where you can find Themes, wallpapers and other usefull applications,
note that you have to pay for some applications in Cydia and Rock, but just avoid them.

Why a jailbroken iPhone / iPod Touch, what can i do?
The question is, why not a jailbroken iphone? You can do whatever you want to.
What is Appsync?
An application, You will need appsync if you want to run ipa & deb files (Cracked apps)
What is Installous?
Like app store except that all apps are for free.

I hope that this guide was a little bit helpfull for you guys, I'm not good at explaining things but i hope that you understood almost everything :wub:
You are free to copy this guide, just ask me first.
Good Luck!

*Update: If you are trying to jailbreak your phone and get an error from blackrain, move blackra1n.exe to Program (Program 86x if you are running 64x) > Common Files > Apple > Apple Application Support and run it there :)

Feel free to post here if you have problems with the jailbreak.

Last edited:
Nice, i Jailbroke my IpodTouch and did a firmware update and it messed up my ipod ={

Ehh lovely copy and pasted guide. No way you wasted your time just for OTLand when there's 100 of these out.

Yes this does work for previous versions. Blackra1n supports all except the newest OS, 3.1.3. AKA: Apple's Fuck You

But I don't see you begging for rep, so it's all nice.

Ehh lovely copy and pasted guide. No way you wasted your time just for OTLand when there's 100 of these out.

I wrote the whole guide by my self, I was bored, and no, I'm not a rep whore (Oki, maybe sometimes :$)

Yes this does work for previous versions. Blackra1n supports all except the newest OS, 3.1.3. AKA: Apple's Fuck You

Oh, i thought so :p

Nice, i Jailbroke my IpodTouch and did a firmware update and it messed up my ipod ={

Because of my guide? Sorry but I warned you.

This is only for OS 3.1.2

Important things before you start:
  • Make a backup
  • NEVER update your firmware while your iphone is jailbroken, it will just fuck up your phone.

Last edited:

I assume you have the original source where this has been copied from to be claiming this, can you give it to us?

Thanks, worked for me <I assume you made this a thread after explaining at msn? XD >

If anything does go wrong, just do a quick restore.
You'll lose everything but you can sync your ipod to get it back.

Here's a free bump. Here's mine \/

Vertical scrolling springboard ftw!

14vtfsz.png

Last edited:
@Henkos: Well the release of Spirit jailbreak was supposed to be today, but the dev pushed it back IDK why and don't care cause I'm on 2G. But it's a UNtethered jailbreak for iPad, iPhone 3gs', & iPod Touch 3g's running on all the latest firmwares xD. So you can go head and downgrade or wait a few days for news on Spirit.

Spirit is finally out :) download from Spirit

What's Spirit?

* Spirit is an untethered jailbreak for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on the latest firmwares.
* Spirit is not a carrier unlock.
* If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit. Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH blobs for that version.)

Requirements

* Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
* An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
* Any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
* Syncing with iTunes before trying this is highly recommended.

Here is my iPod 2nd gen 3.1.3 jailbroke with Spirit:

Theme is Overdue, have to Open SSH it to get for free.

And an awesome keyboard :D

Last edited:
Back