• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I can log in but ppl can only see the character list

Dagh

Reaction score
Hello people. This is my problem wich is veeeeeery noob and I'm pretty ashamed of it but I've done everything I know and still not working so I will note down some things and info:
Problem: I can log in my server, as a normal player AND as my access 6, but people can ONLY see the caracter list and when they select a character it takes a long wait and then appear the msg Connection Timed Out~

- I've open ports 7171 and 7172 (checked 'em with several webs)
- Disabled Firewall
- Set correctly the info at server.xml
- I'm using a no-ip so I've wrote at config.lua the no-ip wich is working since I can log-in to my web
- Not getting any errors in console

And probably more things that I don't remember atm lol

All kind of help is accepted, thanks in advance.

*I've searched and readed all of the posts wich contains the same kind of question and still not getting working it*

Last edited:
In servers.xml:
Code:
<servers>
	<server id="0" name="[COLOR="#00FF00"]MyOT[/COLOR]" versionMin="[COLOR="#00FF00"]860[/COLOR]" versionMax="[COLOR="#00FF00"]860[/COLOR]" address="[COLOR="#DAA520"][I]Global IP(numbers, not letters)*[/I][/COLOR]" port="[COLOR="#0000CD"]7172[/COLOR]"/>
</servers>
And in config.lua you have either your global ip with numbers or you could use the special one you may have from no-ip with letter ;)

* for example; 84.252.227.242
860 = your version of the server
MyOT = name of your server (kinda obvious)

7172 = don't change this, it should be set to 7172

Edit; I'm colorblind, had to change the colors ;P

In servers.xml:
Code:
<servers>
	<server id="0" name="[COLOR="#00FF00"]MyOT[/COLOR]" versionMin="[COLOR="#00FF00"]860[/COLOR]" versionMax="[COLOR="#00FF00"]860[/COLOR]" address="[COLOR="#DAA520"][I]Global IP(numbers, not letters)*[/I][/COLOR]" port="[COLOR="#0000CD"]7172[/COLOR]"/>
</servers>
And in config.lua you have either your global ip with numbers or you could use the special one you may have from no-ip with letter ;)

* for example; 84.252.227.242
860 = your version of the server
MyOT = name of your server (kinda obvious)

7172 = don't change this, it should be set to 7172

Edit; I'm colorblind, had to change the colors ;P

Thanks for your answer! What if I have a dynamic ip and I can't be sure that my numeric ip is gonna stay like the one I wrote? Can I write it as my no-ip at servers.xml?

Its better to made an account on no-ip.com and make your ip to a name. Because your ip might change auto so with a noip.com program it updates your servername with the ip auto.

@Icy and DextaaH: Thanks for answering but
- I'm using a no-ip so I've wrote at config.lua the no-ip wich is working since I can log-in to my web

@gary kasparov: Thanks for answering but what do you mean with 2 ip's? like if I have 2 hosts?

@gary kasparov Well then no, my no-ip account is only hosting 1 service and the program too. Also I've already opened the port 7172, wich I will try to open again to check if it changes something

Dagh, do as I said. Your no-ip.com IP should be in config.lua. and Servers.xml should have your global with numbers ;)

The problem is that my IP is a dynamic one, so I would have to be looking forward to change it in servers.xml in case I get a different one

Lol. Just set a static ip on your LAN settings , then go to : What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address <<--- and take the ip from there , put it in servers.xml and in config.lua , update them every time you restart router&system&both (no other way around it that i know of :<.) and make sure you have your server , xampp/uniserv launched. I usually get this annoying thing , but i fixed it yesterday by checking these things ^. Good luck.

Back