• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ideas for monsters/exp rate

Animera

Solutions
Reaction score
Well when i am on the toilet it always takes long to put everything out wat is in there.
So i use that time to think about all kind of things. And i was thinking about the following
and tought maybe this could be a good idea that i can share with other.

This could be annoying to work but it will be awesome i guess.

1. X monster get X exp depends on level for example
Example: A custom Demon on a ot wich you need level 80-100 to hunt normal with it.
Then make a script function ondeath gives 15000 exp if killing it below level 60.
If the player is above 80 it only gives 7500exp and if above 120 2000exp.
And add line very description something like this:
You see a demon [lv 60-80]. And then with creaturescript. So it gives good exp at level 60-80.
So it will gives nice exp for some challenging exp.
This could be also awesome so there won't be mass high cavebotter as example in RL tibia: I was a level 32 Elder druid at dworcs and saw a level 107
cavebotting there. Wich atleast ruins the experience for the level 107. If it had this system ofcourse.
This could make creatures more challenging in trade of some fair experience.

2. X monster gives X exp on vocation example.
Example: We have here a water elemental (It is 50% against physical).
Because of this it makes it hard for knights to hunt on it wich can give X vocation more exp. Then a vocation wich owns energy spells.
Example i hunt my knight there because
i want to loot a specific item not to make profit but too get X item for my house/noob char or any quest or whatever wich is very hard to loot.
So there could be a chance a knight will waste a lot there if it is a hard spawn but because of this systeem the knight get atleast fair exp.
For example a mage gets 600 exp. but a knight 800 exp. Or like sorcerers that are spamming Rage of the skies on a legion of hydra's and serpent spawns
wich will be unfair against paladins or knights so with the script hydra's and serpent spawns gives lower amount of exp if you are a sorcerer.

Script

I haven't test this script but i think it needs source edit or very advanced script. To make it so if 2 peoples are attacking it that the exp
will be shared. I don't know if the script gives both players that full exp or only just one. but there are some pros and cons
If people both get full exp people won't mad or flame each other because they stole the monster they only reduce waste. But it also gives too much exp
then but whatever it isnt real tibia... but it could also happen something else wich is hard to guess what happen if two different vocations attacking
on creature. This system could ruin the exp share on party but what would it help if the level difference only are 5 levels and on ots it is rarely used.
Also if only one player get it it will ruin also the exp for the blocker a solution would be a rare loot item wich gives exp from like 5 creatures for
X voc.

Pros
Gives balanced exp and challenge.

Cons
Making for every creature a creaturescript.
Maybe also source edit.
Formula must be edited on each server it depends all on how high rated server you want.

I am a scripter but still i need learn a lot i have a idea that might makes easier to config like

something like this?
[Giant spider] = {kina, 1100}, {sorc, 700}, {druid, 800}, {paladin, 900}
[Fire devil] = {kina, 250}, {sorc, 150}, {druid, 120}, {paladin, 150}

And this could be the speciale exp rate
* config.expMultiplier
Expmultiplier = X

It got more cons then pros but the system could be very awesome. Didn't made it or try to made it but i was hinking about function ondeath/Doplayeraddexp and such things.

Bump i don't request any script
this was just mine idea of balancing power gaming that i just want to share.

Every vocation has it's advantages, and if you implent your ideas, those advantages would be nothing.
So basically, your idea sucks ass

this only makes powergaming more balanced you get more exp for stronger creatures wich gives some action in hunting but with the levelthing could be usefull on rpg servers
because example in rl peoples hunting rotworms from 8-20 and some even to 30-40 this could ruin it for botters.
this also ruins the lure/ue spam trick.
they keep their advantages difference is peope could reduce waste/exp ratio

Last edited:
Back