• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows I'm hosting 'cpanel' and server

curruwilliam

Hello =]
Reaction score
Hello

How do I put server online with site 'Gesior' in hosting and server on my computer, I have access to cpanel and domain

Excuse me? I don't really understand you but you want to open your server via gesior aac or you want to open a server with gesior aac as your website?

Im guessing you are using linux, heard of cpanel but never used it.
What you can do is run / shutdown the ot from an admin panel.
Use the search function I think someone released one.

You have these options:
1. Host gesior and the mysql database on your cpanel server and the OT server on your computer. with this setup you will have to setup TFS to use a remote database and some features may not be available on gesior
2. Same as above but the database on your computer(TFS will be alot more responsive). I dont know if gesior supports remote databases(Znotes aac does)
3. (best option) host everything on your computer or a dedicated server/vps

There's no way I just put online server on my computer and host the website and database on the net?
The database is already just right on the net, I'm just having trouble using Gesior the hosting of why these error look here:

Warning: parse_ini_file() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/anticagl/public_html/system/load.compat.php on line 62

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/anticagl/public_html/system/load.compat.php on line 63

Warning: parse_ini_file() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/anticagl/public_html/system/load.compat.php on line 249

There's no way I just put online server on my computer and host the website and database on the net?
The database is already just right on the net, I'm just having trouble using Gesior the hosting of why these error look here:

Warning: parse_ini_file() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/anticagl/public_html/system/load.compat.php on line 62

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/anticagl/public_html/system/load.compat.php on line 63

Warning: parse_ini_file() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/anticagl/public_html/system/load.compat.php on line 249

About those warnings you should tell whoever owns the server to enable access to that php function. and if you read my post you will see that that is one of the options presented.

About those warnings you should tell whoever owns the server to enable access to that php function. and if you read my post you will see that that is one of the options presented.

oK, can you tell me what are the functions that would not be working in Gesior if I stick with option 1?

Last edited:
May I just ask why even buy CPanel what does it do? If you ask me its pretty stupid to pay 10eur~ extra for something that takes care of the website queries, database or w/e it might do.

Easier to access the database, customize site
And when dedicated or vps drop the site remains online. I particularly like
Among other things

Easier to access the database, customize site
And when dedicated or vps drop the site remains online. I particularly like
Among other things

On a VPS/dedicated server the website will remain online even if your OT server has crashed and you dont get the massive lag from having remote databases.

If you host your database on a different server than you host your OT you will have significant lag on things that use the database like starting, saving ans scripts that use the database.

Im guessing you are using a VPS server then, why not just install phpmyadmin via putty and then use domain/phpmyadmin?

And ofc you will have laggs due to having the database on a diffrent computer, not only does it have to connect to database but it also has to connect to another computer.

How will I use the database on my computer?
Would have to use Xampp is not?
More xampp is that business for: 8090 at the end of the url and makes everything more complicated.

Ex. if I have a server called server.hopto.org hosted on ubuntu in Germany I can access it from my home computer via server.hopto.org/phpmyadmin so how is that more complicated?
The only diffrence is if you type 127.0.0.1 or the domain of the ot.
I can't find any need to pay 10eur extra for help with taking care of the database connection, that could get you a better net connection to help with DDoS etc. insted.

Edit: on linux you use either ngix or lighttpd, I prefer lighttpd.
Search for "otland stian complete ubuntu" on google and you will find the commands to install lighttpd and phpmyadmin.

Back