• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

In Game Donations

In game donations via coins and the ability to trade donation items for coins

• Yes I like the idea, but needs to be exact on explination.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No, I hate this idea.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Sutoto

Reaction score
Here i am reading the forums. I see so many people wanting to trade items for other items and topaz ect... maybe make a in-game NPC that you are able to purchase and sell donation items to. Lets say you bought hardcore paladin legs for 5 points, now you decide you want to play a knight, go to the NPC trade your donation items for a donation coin, or donation topaz. If you spent 5 dollars on the hardcore pants, when you trade them in you get 5 donation coins. 1 coin = 1 dollar. Something along those lines. And even tho the shop on the site is nice, seeing the items in-game is much more pleasing. Example, Cyntarist Robe (25 points)
This armor is better than the Cyntara Cloak! It adds more max mana, magic levels, and faster mana regeneration! It all sounds nice, but what EXACTLY does it do... And instead of buying things from the site and sending it to the player as a item, and people saying ooo i didnt get the item i payed for blah blah. If you have a in-game system, it will never fail. If you have 25 donation coins, you will be able to purchase the Cyntarist Robe without a problem...
I also think it would be a good chance for people to try out all vocations on Cyntara.
From personal experience, i have all 3 paladin donation items, along with crystal arrow and bow. I like playing paladin. But i dont want to have to spend another 30 or 40 dollars to find out what its like to play a donation mage, knight...
And as far as donation coins go, they are not purchasable in-game, you simply sell your donation items for coins and then you are able to buy other donation items for other vocations. I know i dont want to get riped off, or loose points trying to trade for other donation items. If you spent 35 dollars on items and find it wasnt what you were expecting or you didnt like it, you should be able to trade those items in on something new.

And this will not give a unfair advantage as far as money is concerned. You wont be loosing the money, people will just be able to have a chance to try new things with out having to spend a arm and a leg to play.

Thanks for reading..

:)

im not certain but i think items can be duped (duplicated) on ots under the right conditions.. if someone dupes a curaga it is easily trackable (its fairly easy to keep track of the number of people who have spent $40 more than once) but if everything was in the form of ingame doantion coins people could dupe a pile of 100, which isnt nessescarily trackable and would be much worse for the server.

Although i believe your idea is a good one i also believe it could do more harm than good to the server.

lol duplication, i had a problem with that on my server. a BP of CC for a crystal arrow. and all you had to say was "buy 101 crystal arrows" and it would throw all on the floor WITHOUT paying for it. >.>

with the new shop management, you can't duplicate anything [end]

you can still dupe stuff, I've heard people talking about it, but from what I understand it's fairly difficult to do in cyntara. I think the only way is to be lucky enough to trade backpacks when a bugged character logs in, but that dosen't happen too much, and there's usually not a ton of warning before something like that happens, but since it is possible I doubt this system could ever be implemented, even though it makes perfect sense to have something like this instead of relying on other people and getting ripped off like I did yesterday...

r.i.p whitey... fuck you ahhe, I'll get plenty of revenge...

Well maybe make the NPC available to talk to ONLY if you have donated via paypal from the website. So that only the people that have truly paid for their own items can trade them in for coins if they wish. Just like donation items, some can only be used if you are super promoted... Add in script showing you have donated...

Well maybe make the NPC available to talk to ONLY if you have donated via paypal from the website. So that only the people that have truly paid for their own items can trade them in for coins if they wish. Just like donation items, some can only be used if you are super promoted... Add in script showing you have donated...

i've donated by real tibia money, what should i do? :p

This idea is honestly not worth the hassle. The current automatic donation system works nicely, and doesn't need these types of changes.

I'd like the idea of being able to trade donation items in for other Donation items in game i think it would be great to get a feel for another vocation without the hassle of "My gear isnt good enough"

Its got my vote

P.S. Duping would still happen anyways all people have to do is clone the items that they paid $5 for so its just the same thing

Why are you bumping old topics? This has already been settled and the answer was no.

oh its old?

I just seen it at the top so posted lol

Maybe Delete old posts?

Back