• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Infrastructure and Automation] Private Tibia Server Consultancy

Stellow

C++/C#/PHP/LUA
Reaction score
GitHub
eubrunomiguel
Hello all!

Introduction

I would like to continue (with slight differences) the consulting service I have started in 2016 (Programmer - [Tibia, Websites, Mobile Apps, Marketing] Looking to take your project to a new standard? (https://otland.net/threads/tibia-websites-mobile-apps-marketing-looking-to-take-your-project-to-a-new-standard.239670/))

Right now, I am a master's graduate in high-performance computing, where I work full time as a medical device software engineer (full-stack).

I have been messing up with OTs since I was 15 (~12 years ago). My highlights include hosting servers with a peak of 700 players simultaneously. A Facebook page with close to 6k followers Log into Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/tibiao7.4). And further, to have had one of the first stable servers hosted in the cloud!

I could help you with
  • automate all your processes, so you focus only on content change and player management, and not on the compilation, uploading files, maintaining a hosting server, backing up breaking changes, etc.
  • choosing the right distribution
  • choosing the right website
  • choosing the right hosting computing system
  • setting up server & website & database & firewall & permission and accesses
  • giving you an introduction on how everything works so you can take it from there (uploading files, accessing the machine, turning on/off the server/machine)
  • grace period to ask any question on the setup/server/compilation (this do not include doing programming, or fixing errors that eventually appears from some of your changes)
Besides the current approaches with hosting and website, I could further support in:
  • dockerize all your processes and sources (website, database, server, overall management tasks)
  • automate processes (setting up machines, automatic GitHub deployments, automatic builds, automatic integration, and continuous delivery of all your changes)
  • hosting your server/website on AWS
    • a website distributed across the globe for minimum latency to your players
    • modern website builds, including front-end and back-end responsibility division (pure JS front end, communicating with PHP backend to improve security and loading times, not to mention modernity)
    • secure database (higher reliance and reliability, and auto-backup management)
    • further DDOS protection (AWS backed)
    • further cost management (by ensuring minimum machine requirements)
  • (more info in My Experience Hosting an MMORPG on the Cloud (https://eubrunomiguel.medium.com/my-experience-hosting-an-mmorpg-on-the-cloud-3cc82bf8fbf9))
With my services, you are assured to
  • won't need to worry about any compilation, setting up anything, or life-cycle processes.
  • any change that you wish to do (either LUA, Website, or even C++), will automatically result in a new build (compilation) and deployment of your server/website.
  • you won't need to worry about compiling, reverting breaking changes, setting up/maintaining hosting servers/databases/backups, or anything else that may be seen as a manual task.
  • you will care about content for your players, only.
Sources

Last edited:
Hey Stellow, I think I may be in need of your services right now. I made the mistake of updating from my stable development environment of Ubuntu 16.04 for my 0.4 server where it was stable for 1000+ hours, to Ubuntu 20.04 just to update the php version - where I can't even get the sources to compile without making changes/getting errors. Sadly, the host I am with (Kimsufi) won't allow me to downgrade back because they have removed 16.04 from their supported OS list. If you have the time and would be willing to help, I can clean install Ubuntu 20.04 and put the required files in /home/ and let you give it a shot. Just let me know what it would cost/if you have time for it.

Note: I have compiled 3777 (with cast version) but am able to easily crash the server just by starting a cast then logging out. I may have broken something when changing files, since I barely know what I'm doing with C++ and was just following tutorials (multiple at a time) to try and fix the compiling errors.

Discord: Hux#5522

Back