• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

InhaleWhale's gallery

InhaleWhale

Reaction score
After watching Shiva Shadowsong's stream and talking to him I decided to give spriting a go.
Basically what I'm going to do is post every sprite I created and I'm satisfied with and hopefully see a lot of progression.

1st sprite:
2em3a7c.png

2nd sprite:
2ymzyxg.png

3rd sprite:
2dt6pub.jpg

Tell me what you think & tips are appreciated.

Last edited:
At beginning is truly good. My first tries been really awkward. You keep this simple and clean. That's okay. When it comes to colors, you should focus here a bit more (also I think myself, choosing-colors is most diffcult part). Here, I list some tips:
- don't try with too bold colors at beginning
- nothing is truly white/black or gray - add a little hues always
- change hue slightly
*toward blue/purple in darker parts
*toward yellow in lighter parts
- don't forget about reflect light
- never shade symetrical

Good to see some new spriters here on otland. I look forward for more from you, maybe some axes or helmets? A bit of this and a bit of that? :D

That could easily be one of the best "first tries" I've seen in a long time on OTLand. My first time was 20 times shittier than that haha. I'm glad I could inspire you and we'd like to see more of your sprites. There is always room for improvement and it's always nice to take notes from other people, so use the tips Anevis gave you on your next piece and we'll see what you come up with. But I can tell you without problems, if it's any better than that sword, you have a bright future in spriting.

Thank you both for the feedback.
Due to christmas here & the fact I have to work it will take a day or so until the next sprite (most likely will be an axe).

the arrow is really good, good colors, just kidding :p i like very much your second axe, you did a great work improving it :p

When you develop a pixel-artist eye, it's hard to let go of some pixels that start to bother you, you can see every single one of them and you want everything to fit perfectly. Sometimes it's best to let go of those things - to a regular viewer, 1-2 pixels don't make much difference, he just views it as a whole. Your sword and blade look good, the only thing i would recommend is to send that line of light along the whole west side, rather than just to half of it.

364b4e46d9.png

Here is a bigger pic just for comparison:

2a87367588.png

And I think that should be it, everything else looks alright, it's a great sprite :)

One of your swords reminds me alot on mercenary sword( rl tibia sprite)

Back