• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Introduction to OTClient.

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
clienticon.png
Hello, let's introduce you to OTClient
https://github.com/edubart/otclient

What is it?
Okay, so OTClient is an open source alternative to the tibia client. OTClient works with a modular system, this means that each functionality is a separated module, giving the possibility to users modify and customize anything easily.
Users can also create new mods and extend game interface for their own purposes. OTClient is written in C++2011, the upcoming C++ standard and heavily scripted in lua.

Why use it?
It is extremely flexible in terms of usage and development. It comprises of an LUA scripting scheme for all game interface functionality and configurations files with a syntax similar to CSS for the client interface design. In other words, everything is scripted via lua rather than a combination. Thus making it an extremely flexible client. i.e. pretty much anything can be created for this client.

Features:
Beyond of it’s flexibility with scripts, otclient comes with tons of other features that make possible the creation of new client side stuff in otserv that was not possible before. These include, sound system, graphics effects with shaders, particle engines, modules/addons system, animated textures, style-able user interface, transparency, multi language, in game lua terminal, an OpenGL 1.1/2.0 ES engine that make possible to run on mobile platforms like Android/iPhone/iPad and much more. OTClient is also flexible enough to create tibia tools like map editors just using scripts, because it wasn’t designed to be just a client, instead otclient was designed to be a combination of a framework and tibia APIs.

Now it is still heavily in it's early stages yet still functions great with clients up to 9.73(9.81) (afaik). It is possible to compile with higher protocols just through a few minor changes within the sources.

My intention of this thread is to boost popularity (thus decreasing the limited use of Cipsoft's client and copyright issues to some extent I guess) as well as increase public contributions to the client on a whole. I see this as a milestone within the open tibia development community and i would like for you all to support edubart and give something back to the community that allows you to create and enjoy the very servers you imprint your names on.

OTClient Repository | Home

Last edited by a moderator:
well i can do exactly what i want with it + i think it should get so much more popular!

I wonder how long has it been out there, i just recovered it few days ago and i love it!

I think we have a chance to get it popular once I finish otclient's multi-protocol, the website with lua API reference and then release the first official non-dev version in major otserv websites with a video of course showing all the features. I know people won't even give a try if you don't show something. GhostX I appreciate your try to popularize otclient a little more, some more months and I think we will get there and hopefully many new contributors, scripters will get involvend and many new mods, themes and stuff will start to be created by the community.

It's nice to see that you realized if more people know about otclient, the more otclient will evolve and this will indirectly impact in your plans with otclient.

I think we have a chance to get it popular once I finish otclient's multi-protocol, the website with lua API reference and then release the first official non-dev version in major otserv websites with a video of course showing all the features. I know people won't even give a try if you don't show something. GhostX I appreciate your try to popularize otclient a little more, some more months and I think we will get there and hopefully many new contributors, scripters will get involvend and many new mods, themes and stuff will start to be created by the community.

It's nice to see that you realized if more people know about otclient, the more otclient will evolve and this will indirectly impact in your plans with otclient.
Unfortunately I'm busy with my own project right now, otherwise I'd be digging into that OTClient Lua API like there was no tomorrow xD
Can't wait to see it finished, congrats to you and every OTC developer :)

Really nice! So you mean that the OTclient allows me to change the sprites, the equipmentbar from right to left and so on, without having to let people downloading my client with all these features as it's now.
If it's like that, I really look forward to this!

they still have to download your own modules, and ur own sprites

right now our biggest barrier is the client, its hard to edit it and there's only so much we can do, using OTClient allows you to make pretty much anything you want thru modules, for example that extra window that appears on Pokemon Clients, one could easily make a module for it for OTC and it would incorporate like any other window(skill bar, vip list, etc..) into the client, likewise you could totally make new stuff, like an hotkey buttons grid(I'm guessing) and tons of other stuff

Yes, I recommend this open-source project - If I good remember, I added some small fix to it.
Great job.

A member there managed to compile it and have the client work on Macintosh computers.
So, if you have a Mac computer, I'd pay attention, maybe he'll post tutorials and whatnot.

I know it's not a bot, but can it be used as one with the editing that's possible?

You could even do it in your phone.

In the near future it will be possible. Take a look:
wKpNt.jpg

I'm also able to play normal tibia, with bot functionality (auto heal, auto attack, auto spell) is fun and playable, I did a demon hunt for hours in my mobile.

Looks really interesting, just a question: is it possible this could support older versions? 7x?

Currently it supports from 8.1/8.6 to 9.6 IIRC, but marketing is said to be far from done in some commit made today, still don't take my word accurate because i don't work on anything otclient related, i'm only contributing c++ code to support reading map editor files and other stuff.

Back