• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

iPhone 4.

That made no sense either.. true.. Apple has to approve an application first to make it "legally" an official Iphone.. Ipod.. w.e application.

There's nothing wrong with that? That way you have applications 100% compatible with the phone you are using without worrying if it's going to fuck up your phone!
How ignorant are you?

Would you also like it if any application you installed on your desktop computer would have to be approved by Microsoft and distributed exclusively through a "Windows App Store"?

Do you realize how ridiculous Apple's scheme is starting to sound yet? Absolutely nothing would prevent the average customer from getting their apps from the App Store while more proficient people could also install things from other sources, without the requirement for approval in the App Store.

That's how Android works - Google runs the Android Market but you can still install APK files from anywhere. And you really can't beat that.

(Oh, and if an application can "fuck up your phone", there is something seriously wrong with the phone's security architecture.)

We are talking about a phone not a computer!

Because of people like you.. Apple hasn't been able to expand they greatness trough the world.. that why they offer a developer package so that you can make your own shit and make it public.. but noo! people are to fucking lazy and mind fucked to try new stuff like that

Don't talk about Apple like if you didn't know how they run their business..
Everybody knows that and buy their iPhone's knowing that..

I think its better that way.. that's why in my eyes the iPhone and even Apple's OS is better than Microsoft and than any other company's

We are talking about a phone not a computer!
It's called an example. If the concept goes over your head, I'm sorry. The thing is - with devices like iPad, we're going towards a computing ecosystem where the dominant operating systems are locked down tight with no user control.

Because of people like you.. Apple hasn't been able to expand they greatness trough the world.. that why they offer a developer package so that you can make your own shit
Wow. Apple provides a developer package. But then again, so does Microsoft. So does Google (for Android). And so does Nokia (for Symbian & Maemo). I'm not sure what your point here is, if you even have any or if you're just writing random bullshit from the top of your head.

And yes, how dare I demand some rather obvious rights for myself. I find it kind of surprising that I can't download any iPhone app off the internet and just install it on my iPod Touch without going through an Apple-moderated "app store". This is what I can do with my Nokia 6600 and N95 - why on earth can't a much better phone do the same?

Don't talk about Apple like if you didn't know how they run their business..
Everybody knows that and buy their iPhone's knowing that..
Yes, there's no doubt that Apple knows exactly what they're doing. And the sad part is that all the people drooling over the latest iPride device know exactly how locked down the platform is.

It's not just the availability of apps. A great example is the iPod - everybody's favorite MP3 player that can only be modified with iTunes. On the other hand, a 10$ MP3 player from eBay will just show up as a disk drive on any modern operating system and allow me to drag and drop my music there.

And now I run iTunes in a virtual machine just to add music to my iPod. How stupid of me to ever get one.

I think its better that way.. that's why in my eyes the iPhone and even Apple's OS is better than Microsoft and than any other company's
*sigh*

Arguing with you is like arguing with a dining room table.

Beat iPhone 4g, Droid X Does.

Motorola_Droid_X.jpg

Beat iPhone 4g, Droid X Does.

Motorola_Droid_X.jpg
I doubt, First the small buttons at the bottom is too small n annoying, and i didnt like the menu at all.
Second of all it's not even famous i never heard of Droid X :S
So it doesnt seem to be very successfull.

Lmao, don't evn say the iPhone isnt a computer, oh wait do you even know what the definition of a computer is? well let me explain, the iPhone and every other phone has something called a "processor" and that processor tranfers data at high rates, it's able to access applications. anything that has a processor and is able to be displayed. a "computer" my point. all it has extra is being able to talk and a video camera + all them other cool gadgets. Who agrees with me?

I doubt, First the small buttons at the bottom is too small n annoying, and i didnt like the menu at all.
Second of all it's not even famous i never heard of Droid X :S
So it doesnt seem to be very successfull.

Was announced publicly about 2 days ago.
And unlike the iPhone the menu is completely customizable. And you don't have to use the buttons at the bottom, the iPhone doesn't even have em ;p

Iphone 4 is Icrap 4, you cant video call only for people using iphone 4 and same program of video calling, and you guys live in Europe and USA, but in Egypt we had video calls for about 5cents per minute, and texts about 1cent per minute and calling about 3 cents per minute, and in the USA, its for about 50$ a month with suckyass phone and 500minutes or so

iPhone 4 is nice on the outside, and it's hardware is pretty decent (The screen could have higher res tho but oh well), but what I don't like is the inside;

Proprietary, proprietary and more proprietary.

Everything is copyrighted, everything is closed, and everything is controlled by apple. They can do anything to your apps, as well as phone, anytime they want.
They can delete your apps from the apps store just cause they don't like the color scheme of it. They can delete it because someone claims it contains nudity when it's just an EXCEL app.

If you want to replace the battery, you have to either pay for an expensive care plan, or pay apple $250 to replace it for you.
If you want to install an app that is not approved by Apple, you have to unlock your phone which effectively voids what little warranty you had on the phone to begin with. A procedure which apple keeps trying to block out with firmware updates, mind you.

So in the end; You don't own your iPhone, you're borrowing it from Apple.
And this is what I don't like about it. It's nice on the outside, but foul on the inside.

And this is why I prefer Nexus one and all the other android phones, they may not be as streamlined and "perfected" as apples phones, but at least it's yours, not owned by someone else.

Opensource ftw.

How's the galaxy spica? How's the android?

:D

The spica is fast and a great touch screen. And the android OS is nice i updated mine to 2.1 and it's faster,
i like androids menu pretty nice too :p

iPhone 4 is nice on the outside, and it's hardware is pretty decent (The screen could have higher res tho but oh well), but what I don't like is the inside;

Proprietary, proprietary and more proprietary.

Everything is copyrighted, everything is closed, and everything is controlled by apple. They can do anything to your apps, as well as phone, anytime they want.
They can delete your apps from the apps store just cause they don't like the color scheme of it. They can delete it because someone claims it contains nudity when it's just an EXCEL app.

If you want to replace the battery, you have to either pay for an expensive care plan, or pay apple $250 to replace it for you.
If you want to install an app that is not approved by Apple, you have to unlock your phone which effectively voids what little warranty you had on the phone to begin with. A procedure which apple keeps trying to block out with firmware updates, mind you.

So in the end; You don't own your iPhone, you're borrowing it from Apple.
And this is what I don't like about it. It's nice on the outside, but foul on the inside.

And this is why I prefer Nexus one and all the other android phones, they may not be as streamlined and "perfected" as apples phones, but at least it's yours, not owned by someone else.

Opensource ftw.
That was the stupidest thing ever. Lol. Controlled? What the hell are you talking about lol. Closed..? eh.. Dude there's apps for everything. And this changing battery is just bullshit since i've owned an iphone for 1 year and I don't know where the hell you got this battery thing from. I've had no issues with it. Second of all if you "Feel" like it's closed and everything is controlled my apple, Well that's only good.
1. There's Apps for EVERYTHING and they probably dont want 100 weather apps in the appstore, 2 or 3 is enough.
2. Only idiotic people jailbreaks/unlocks their iPhone to get More apps 90 percent of them is games that isn't approved by apple so please if you're gonna be gaming on your phone all day then i dont recommend you this phone bro :S
3. Borrowing it from apple? They can change your phone or .. what the hell is this crap, where did you get it from? You can do anything to your iPhone, now you can even create folders n that. pretty awesome and there's everything you need. And WHY i don't give a shit why it's closed to apple is because they have everything. What else do you want them to add? I've jailbroken my ipod touch once and i regret it since i downloaded some shitty thing from Cydia wich screwed up my ipod. So thank god that apple made such a great phone and I love the appstore since there's everything you need + more + more useless stuff so there's nothing else they can add lol.

Back