• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

iPhone 5

Exactly, so the only logical thing you can complain about would be something all of the phones share (e.g. customer service, warranty, battery life?). I understand why you would assume it's bad, especially if you had a bad experience with one of their previous products, but companies change and adapt to adjusting markets, and also fix the problems their old products present. I'm not saying it will be perfect, I'm saying, "how can you be so certain it will be shit?" (I'm speaking in a relation to all those who posted, not only you, Averatec.) But, you shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Edit: I actually don't like being locked into a 2 year contract, that is what I dislike about the iPhone so far - they require you to do so (during the pre-orders).

I doubt either customer service or warranty relates to the phone itself.

This genius steve jobs is dead... that's why apple is sueing the competition since nobody is smart enough to rival anyone in the apple industry.

Yea? And you don't like it's apps?

imho the app store is shit.
I mean, if you solely want a phone to play nonsense games then sure, iPhone is the obvious choice.
At least last time I checked there was next-to-nothing that allowed me to customize my phone interface or even connect to ssh.

That's the only reason I didn't get the iPhone 4 (because the 4 was an awesome release)
Red

Read the entire post before responding:

At least last time I checked

the iPhone 4
Released June 24, 2010
Meaning I checked before June in back in 2010.

Also, even if it was released before then:

GqlQL.png

Good lord,
Red

imho the app store is shit.
I mean, if you solely want a phone to play nonsense games then sure, iPhone is the obvious choice.
At least last time I checked there was next-to-nothing that allowed me to customize my phone interface or even connect to ssh.

That's the only reason I didn't get the iPhone 4 (because the 4 was an awesome release)
Red

I just jailbreak my apple shit and it works just fine, don't need to purchase anything !

I'm pretty sure I don't have to worry about a Dutch invasion while browsing the web. :rolleyes:

And why is that? The fact they're Dutch doesn't mean you'll find the exploit only on some Dutch websites also keep in mind there are evil people as well, which may know about the exploit and keep it for their own purposes instead of publicizing it.

Blah,blah,blah * insert something logical and continue the flaming war* blab blah

What flame are you talking about? This is a /discussion forum/ where people /discuss/ things.

Last edited:
And why is that?

Mainly because I have nothing worth stealing on a phone, nor do I visit websites which require input of important information on a phone - I do everything via my computer(s), and I know they're safe.

Stop trying to find excuses to talk shit about the iPhone 5. You don't know for certain if it will be shitty, because you're too ignorant to purchase one and find out. But you can keep wasting your time arguing speculative points which have nothing standing behind them except more speculation and bullshit. When it comes out, and you have personally experienced the phone for more than a day, come back and post with real supportive facts to those arguments.

Yes, a GROUP of PROFESSIONALS hacked into an iPhone 4S during a contest. Not too long ago, a group of computer hackers attacked multiple government websites. Anything can be exploited and hacked in to with enough time, knowledge and resources at hand.

This thread wasn't created to argue over nonsense. You clearly don't want the iPhone 5, so do us all a favor and stay out of this thread.

I got mine orderd :D

Sounds good, I'm currently waiting for mine to arrive. I'm pretty excited, it has been a long time since I've had a new phone - can't wait.

Last edited:
Mainly because I have nothing worth stealing on a phone, nor do I visit websites which require input of important information on a phone - I do everything via my computer(s), and I know they're safe.

Stop trying to find excuses to talk shit about the iPhone 5. You don't know for certain if it will be shitty, because you're too ignorant to purchase one and find out. But you can keep wasting your time arguing speculative points which have nothing standing behind them except more speculation and bullshit. When it comes out, and you have personally experienced the phone for more than a day, come back and post with real supportive facts to those arguments.

Yes, a GROUP of PROFESSIONALS hacked into an iPhone 4S during a contest. Not too long ago, a group of computer hackers attacked multiple government websites. Anything can be exploited and hacked in to with enough time, knowledge and resources at hand.

This thread wasn't created to argue over nonsense. You clearly don't want the iPhone 5, so do us all a favor and stay out of this thread.

You take this all too seriously, I'll repeat myself one more time, this is a discussion forum where people discuss topics, what's the purpose of the thread if you're up to positive opinions only? I'm not trying to find any excuses to talk shit about the phone, I'm just trying to come up with some opinions. I'm neither wasting my time, writing a post takes a minute at max so I don't find writing one from while to while a time waste. There are a lot of other professionals that are staying out of public scene and they're willing to make use of the exploit to steal as much data as possible, you personally don't maybe have anything important on your phone but other people do so they probably care and that's why I brought up the link in my previous post. And last, I'm surely not going to get one when it comes out because I have experienced using the 4S and I don't see any valid reason to get 5.

@Edit:
In fact, some people have found an exploit for Samsung Galaxy S3:
http://www.androidauthority.com/and...d-to-hack-samsung-galaxy-s3-win-money-116345/

Last edited:
Not basically started, but revolutionized the tablet market.
Obviously tablets existed before iPad, but it was the iPad that created the boom.

Agreed. The iPad is nice (for a tablet).

You take this all too seriously, I'll repeat myself one more time, this is a discussion forum where people discuss topics, what's the purpose of the thread if you're up to positive opinions only?

Not "positive only", but rather factual and non-speculative. The rest is pointless, and a waste of time and energy to pursue.

Last edited:
Mainly because I have nothing worth stealing on a phone

Honestly, you would be surprised. Both iOS and Android have had exploits that basically allow full access to your phone. A while back an exploit let you jailbreak an iOS device just by visiting a web page. This also means that anybody with less honest intentions could compromise your device just by having you visit a web page. You might never even know it happened. From this point on the possibilities are literally endless.

Just as one example of potentially destructive malicious behavior, an attacker could cost you real money by sending premium SMS messages to their number. This isn't some theoretical attack either: it's happened with Android apps before.

Fortunately updates can be released and holes like these will be patched.

Back