• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

iPhone 5

as for me my samsung galaxy s 2 is better than iphone 5 or 4s

Have you owned the 4s or iPhone 5? This question is for all of you who say the iPhone 5 is going to be crap.

That's like saying a Lexus is going to be shitty because you had a bad experience with a Toyota Corolla. You're all so certain of this, but none of you own the iPhone 5, so your arguments are all speculative. Just because you had a bad experience with an iPhone 3 or 4, doesn't mean the iPhone 5 will have the same problems. You can speculate it will, but you don't know for certain until you have it. As I said earlier, it's something I am unable to argue with actual 'experience' for now, but when I get it, I'll let everyone know how it is compared to the Galaxy SII and HTC Evo.

@Evan,

I said "I assume you can find one", this doesn't mean you will. And I speculate the phone isn't going to be as bad as all of you claim it is. Why? Because none of you own the phone, so you can't know for certain - you're all making speculative arguments based on "old technology", and some of you are even arguing it's going to be shitty because your friends said they didn't like it. It's questionable, and definitely unreliable.

Last edited:
Have you owned the 4s or iPhone 5? This question is for all of you who say the iPhone 5 is going to be crap.

That's like saying a Lexus is going to be shitty because you had a bad experience with a Toyota Corolla. You're all so certain of this, but none of you own the iPhone 5, so your arguments are all speculative. Just because you had a bad experience with an iPhone 3 or 4, doesn't mean the iPhone 5 will have the same problems. You can speculate it will, but you don't know for certain until you have it. As I said earlier, it's something I am unable to argue with actual 'experience' for now, but when I get it, I'll let everyone know how it is compared to the Galaxy SII and HTC Evo.

@Evan,

I said "I assume you can find one", this doesn't mean you will. And I'm not going to look for one because I know the phone isn't going to be as bad as all of you claim it is. Why? Because none of you own the phone, so you can't know for certain - you're all speculating based on "old technology."

I got iphone 3g and I really dont like it, maybe 5 is better however it's still iphone

I got iphone 3g and I really dont like it

Exactly, so the only logical thing you can complain about would be something all of the phones share (e.g. customer service, warranty, battery life?). I understand why you would assume it's bad, especially if you had a bad experience with one of their previous products, but companies change and adapt to adjusting markets, and also fix the problems their old products present. I'm not saying it will be perfect, I'm saying, "how can you be so certain it will be shit?" (I'm speaking in a relation to all those who posted, not only you, Averatec.) But, you shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Edit: I actually don't like being locked into a 2 year contract, that is what I dislike about the iPhone so far - they require you to do so (during the pre-orders).

I got iPhone 4 and it works perfect, I like it. But I wouldn't spend money on iPhone 5 if you already have iPhone 4(S).

I got iPhone 4 and it works perfect, I like it. But I wouldn't spend money on iPhone 5 if you already have iPhone 4(S).

I completely agree. Three members of my family have the 4S and they're not going to upgrade, I actually told them not to. Mainly because they're not "tech-savvy" people and wouldn't even notice the differences, besides the weight and screen size. But my 2 year contract is ending with my HTC Evo, and I've never even owned an iPhone, so I'm going to buy it and give it a shot.

To be honest, it looks so "kiddie"-ish (internally), it looks like a phone for young kids.
You can't do much other than just downloading apps, use phone, browse, text.

And yes, I have experience with Apple stuff, my whole family is Apple (phone, tablet, mp3, computer).

To be honest, it looks so "kiddie"-ish (internally), it looks like a phone for young kids.
You can't do much other than just downloading apps, use phone, browse, text.

And yes, I have experience with Apple stuff, my whole family is Apple (phone, tablet, mp3, computer).

Yea? And you don't like it's apps?

I completely agree. Three members of my family have the 4S and they're not going to upgrade, I actually told them not to. Mainly because they're not "tech-savvy" people and wouldn't even notice the differences, besides the weight and screen size. But my 2 year contract is ending with my HTC Evo, and I've never even owned an iPhone, so I'm going to buy it and give it a shot.
And there even isnt so many changes :p

@Up: Most of the apps you can find on a android phone...

I previously had an iPhone 2, then 3GS then bought a bb bold, then a torch then a bold... I guess I'm going for an iPhone 5 now! :) gonna buy it soon! :D

Note: I didn't have any problem with my previous iPhone I changed to bb to be able to chat with friends on the BBM, I'm back to iPhone now though! :) once I get it I'll tell u guys my opinion! :D

I've already got an iPhone 4S so upgrading to iPhone 5 is not necessary for me at least.

Found the image I was looking for:
523115_435292343178885_2112543071_n.jpg

The masses are enslaved by crap like this. Wanting the newest stuff all the time. If there was a certain feature in it that you just have to have, fine. But most people are just buying it because it's something new. Not because it's "a little better". I bet you wouldn't buy Iphone 6 if it came out a week after Iphone 5 and was just as better than Iphone 5 that 5 was relative to 4, and you had the same money to spend as you did the week before.

Just saying.

Found the image I was looking for:
523115_435292343178885_2112543071_n.jpg

Do you want to know why nobody cared in 2002? Take a good look at the software running on that thing. It's Windows XP. It isn't designed for a touch screen. It's incredibly inconvenient to use on one. Not only that, mobile networks and wi-fi are not as prominent as they are 10 years later, severely limiting the possibilities of the "tablet". In addition, at the time the hardware was incredibly clunky. It was basically a laptop computer without a physical keyboard.

Now take a look at the iPad in 2010. It's running an OS designed from the ground up for touch screens. Wi-fi can be found everywhere. We have fast mobile networks. The hardware is slim, light and sleek. As a better comparison, it isn't a laptop without a keyboard: it's a phone with a huge screen. And that's not a bad thing: most people don't want a full computer on their tablet, they want a device for media consumption, light browsing, e-mail, and more. It's a tablet that people actually want because it's not shit.

In 2002, the tablet was a half-baked idea. Many factors limited them. And much like with touch screen phones before the iPhone, the companies manufacturing them neglected one of the most important things: the software. Before the iPhone, touch-screen phones had scrollbars, styluses and all kinds of unintuitive, clunky and slow interfaces.

Say what you want about Apple's business practices, fans or products, they've had a real influence on the phone industry and they basically started the tablet market.

Not basically started, but revolutionized the tablet market.
Obviously tablets existed before iPad, but it was the iPad that created the boom.

Back