• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Italy] [7.7] Realots Testserver (oldschool PvP-E mode; 50% exhaust)

Which PvP mode would you like to see this experimental server in? (private votes)

• PvP-E (50% exhaust for aggressive runes and spells, no skulls and frags, exp for player kills)

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Normal PvP (6 frags/day, 10 frags/week, 20 frags/month for ban and normal exhaust etc)

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Normal PvP (10+ frags/day, 20+ frags/week, 40+ frags/month for ban and normal exhaust etc)

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Non-PvP (no player killing, normal exhaust)

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The entrance to each tomb should generally be at the same spots as on the new tibia wiki.
But you usually need to shovel more than once - there's a random chance of opening it up, so it's impossible to say how many times, but it takes usually less than 10x up to 20x (or more) if you're unlucky to open an entrance up.
maybe they're are using otx i reported that bug but mattyx never did anything same with healing codition as exanna pox/ exana flam etc and anothers few things as npc i
posted a patch for the bug "sorry im taling about" but he neither implemeted it :C

In case anyone's noticed inactivity from me lately, here's an update on what's going on:
* I've realized that I should focus on security first and won't be making many more changes until I feel that the security is pretty solid (and because the main security concern is the Query Manager which is fairly poorly written in C++ many years ago and I don't know C++ (very slowly learning), this will probably take some time).
* I've also been working on more general things including other important projects and things like the cam recording system which I've had some progress with, but I got momentarily stuck at about 1/3rd through and took a break from it.
* And I still haven't adapted to a healthy workload/work schedule yet, so sometimes I might work for days or a week or weeks, and then I need a break from days up to a week.

There's more small points to be made, like I've realized that this project is just gonna cost me money and energy for a long while and that I should just consider it a for fun hobby-project for now to play around with only when I feel like it.

I've also ordered a desktop PC today and will likely be playing my own server soon for a bit now and again for relaxation/fun, and that might possibly motivate/inspire me to make some more small in-game changes (perhaps adding items etc), not so much for my own personal enjoyment, but because I'll see things from a player's perspective and might see ways to drastically improve the current gameplay-setup.

But as always I'm checking on the server usually once a day or more to see that it's still online, and I'm always working on something that somehow relates to this server in some way in the background.

It's time to promote pvp on the server, a couple of ideas.

First drop mana needed for runes to 7.4 values. So players can make runes faster and keep fighting more easily after dying.

Later the high exp rate will cause problems when content gets outplayed and incredible speed is gained.
Since stages aren't possible. And pvp is more fun at equal numbers. Let's try to put a lvl cap at 150.
Once reached, drastically change the players exp rate at next ss, like @Ecstazya suggested.
The temporary advantage to pg wont matter. Aslong as it's pvp-e (no bless, high death loss), players will keep dropping below 150 anyway.

This level cap can also gradually be shifted to get more out of it. Having it at 50 for the first 2 weeks. Keeping it below 90 the first month. And so on.

It's time to promote pvp on the server, a couple of ideas.

First drop mana needed for runes to 7.4 values. So players can make runes faster and keep fighting more easily after dying.

Later the high exp rate will cause problems when content gets outplayed and incredible speed is gained.
Since stages aren't possible. And pvp is more fun at equal numbers. Let's try to put a lvl cap at 150.
Once reached, drastically change the players exp rate at next ss, like @Ecstazya suggested.
The temporary advantage to pg wont matter. Aslong as it's pvp-e (no bless, high death loss), players will keep dropping below 150 anyway.

This level cap can also gradually be shifted to get more out of it. Having it at 50 for the first 2 weeks. Keeping it below 90 the first month. And so on.
i would make it 140 that the protection turns on and make semi good exp until 150 so that if we die at these levels we can still exp out after 150 just make like x2 and it should be good to go.

Don't give up. @e.e Come on!
This rough diamond needs refining.
Work out a proper realots server for the community.
The main problem right now is the security of the Query Manager which is written in C++, a language I can barely read and not at all write in, so I feel like I can't work on that/those (C++) part(s) on my own, at least without burning myself out, and that would be counter-productive.

As soon as the QM (and possibly the Login Server as well) is dealt with I'll get back to improving stuff.
In the meanwhile I've had some ideas that I would like to try out, and I'm pretty sure at least one of these ideas if I'm able to put it into action will be appreciated by the rest, but I'll need to wait until this C++ security thing is dealt with.

I've tried contacting a few people on here directly and written a thread in the jobs section, but no replies so far.

As for this:
Feel free to help out with finding and writing down all the memory addresses for various rune values (mana, soul, charges, etc).
IDA Pro with Hexrays Decompiler can be found as trialware or otherwise around, and I can give you a few basic instructions and a memory address for where the start of rune data begins.

Once I've got all of those addresses stored, well;
I'm not sure if I want to basically drop down to 7.4 yet or at all, but I'll at least double the charges and remove or lower soul points, the only thing preventing me from making those changes right now is that it takes a lot of time to write all of it down, and I find absolutely no pleasure in it either (it's as much fun to me as washing the dishes and taking out the garbage), and there's a _lot_ of other things to be done that's higher priority to me to create a stable long-term server.

Edit: Nvm, I might only have an old semi-unrelated job thread, I guess I should create one.
The problem is I'll also need a way to testing the security, and I haven't been able to finish a socket program yet that successfully decrypts a 7.7 packet's RSA encryption, I'm wondering if there's a bug in Python's RSA module (the descr. does say it's barebones/fragile) :\, and working on that socket program gives me stomach ulcers :p

Last edited:
@e.e
You are sightly obsessed with security, arent you? like, there are no hacker out there that will even try to hack a ded gaem.

Or even a kid trying to exploit some vulnerability it doesnt fucking worth a life second.

@e.e
You are sightly obsessed with security, arent you? like, there are no hacker out there that will even try to hack a ded gaem.
Yes, I'm an undiagnosed OCPD sufferer imo, and I'm definitely obsessed with security, yes :) Well noted.

Or even a kid trying to exploit some vulnerability it doesnt fucking worth a life second.
Security is to a computer what clothes, equipment and a good mind is to a person.
Without any it won't take long until it's either a slave of someone else or left dead.

Last edited:
Feel free to help out with finding and writing down all the memory addresses for various rune values (mana, soul, charges, etc).
IDA Pro with Hexrays Decompiler can be found as trialware or otherwise around, and I can give you a few basic instructions and a memory address for where the start of rune data begins.

Once I've got all of those addresses stored, well;
I'm not sure if I want to basically drop down to 7.4 yet or at all, but I'll at least double the charges and remove or lower soul points, the only thing preventing me from making those changes right now is that it takes a lot of time to write all of it down, and I find absolutely no pleasure in it either (it's as much fun to me as washing the dishes and taking out the garbage), and there's a _lot_ of other things to be done that's higher priority to me to create a stable long-term server.
Downloading free software from unofficial websites is dangerous. I don't want to get a virus.
Know a safe link for me to check it out?
You can PM me more info about this. (Doing the dishes and taking out the garbage isn't so bad.)

You can PM me more info about this. (Doing the dishes and taking out the garbage isn't so bad.)
Yeah, I realized after I made the post that it wasn't actually like taking out the garbage or doing the dishes, to me it's worse, like school homework.
Taking out the garbage and doing the dishes is meh, but ok enough :p

On the IDA note, I just realized that there's a pattern I think I can pursue here to parse the data myself which will be safer and more efficient.
Then again I haven't bought myself any time to finish the byte patcher in the meanwhile ;\
Oh well, I'll see what I can do.

I can find you something else to do if you're still interested though, just post about it here or PM me and I'll write up a list you can choose from.

Santa's in town!
Make sure to visit him before Xmas is over if you'd like a present.
He can be found somewhere in town of every free and premium city.
If you can't find him look him up in wiki :)

Other updates:
  • Player deaths has been changed to no EQ/BP drop. You still lose exp, and you still get exp from killing players, but players won't drop any loot. This is just something I wanted to try and might be changed in the distant future if nobody likes it.
  • Fixed a couple of bugs with money clicking where you could accidentally lose a lot of money by clicking a stack of multiple plats or crystal coins. It was not possible to earn money this way fortunately. I accidentally discovered this bug yesterday. The actual fix won't be applied until next Server Save @ 11 PM CET
  • I've decided not to reset the world until it's completely necessary. It's impossible to say exactly when that is, but it's either when something goes horribly wrong (probably won't happen, but there's always a small possibility) OR after the production/final server is ready, then this current world will be moved to be some kind of Secondary/Test World, and if nobody plays on that it will probably be closed after a while.
    So unless something goes wrong the server won't be reset, and the server will just be moved to a test server after Production is ready which is probably a MINIMUM of 3 months from now, probably more.
  • My pentest script is almost done, it can connect, encrypt/decrypt, receive, send and print packet data, so I'll soon be able to pentest the Login Server and QM to find out what needs to be done pentest.png
  • I'm not sure there exists and I don't think I'll be able to make my own full (e.g. RME/Simone) bugfree/lossless map editor for this server (maybe if I knew C++, but I don't), so I'm working on ideas for an alternative to be able to make small or simple changes easily, e.g. some kind of simple CLI editor.

In general there is as always a lot to do with this server, as there's no publicly available tools for this server, so it's kind of a tough one-man-project with slow updates unless I work on it 10 hours a day, and I don't have the energy, time or motivation for that.
    I'm currently in the middle of trying to solve most likely the very hardest things I'll have to solve, the greatest obstacles for this server, being validating and fixing the Login Server and Query Manager software which is written in C++, a language I don't know at all beyond Hello World.
    Once these problems are solved the fun can begin - advanced voting system where you can create your own polls that will often affect the development of the server especially during the experimental phase, planned changes like more rune charges, lower soul point cost for runes (maybe 0), enchanted weapon system, ++, new monsters and new quests to make the game more challenging, and much more.

I also have more good ideas that will very likely draw positive attention to the server once it's done, but I'm not gonna share most of them because I don't want anyone to be able to steal the ideas while they're still in development.

Last edited:
The Server Plans Page has been completely changed/updated.

About the last months:
So I did end up completely rewriting the QM and the Login Server.
It took a while to even get them working, as setting these up are fairly complicated tasks (had to learn to deal with multithreading, make my own socket handling functions, and setup and deal with RSA and XTEA encryption basically from scratch), and the slightest pedantic mistake ended up in e.g. an unsuccessful login attempt.
This is not rocket science type stuff at all (and the intent here is not to brag at all, although I'm glad I made it this far, but mainly to explain why it's taken me so long), but it's quite a bit more than the average OT owner will ever have to do.

At this point all the Query Manager and Login Server is able to do is to handle the server boot and handle the login of a single static character I made locally (and by login I mean login and then do whatever I want in-game).
I'm now in the process of designing the SQL database solidly from scratch, make all the other QM functions work as well (handling house auctions, bans, reports, namelocks, char logins, char logouts, etc), and improve the security of the Login Server.
This may sound like a lot of work, but actually the hardest part was getting all of this to work at all, all of the rest should only take weeks up to maybe a month, depending on my health.

Why am I even talking about these technical things?
Again, this boring stuff is the main cause of the delays to server and website updates/changes.
Once these programs are done I can start a new server and no longer have to worry about any potential security breaches, meaning I can make all the updates I want without having to worry about someone stealing my work if a security breach was to happen.

There are still more boring programs that needs to be made, for example to change all the spell rune charges more than once, to change the map, and other things, but they are not as important.

Last edited:
Nice to see progress here.
Incase you forgot, one of each Djinn NPC transcripts weren't added to the new Rashid NPC. He doesn't buy wands/ rods or sell rings/ amulets.
Also, I read you plan a new start on a fresh world in March/April. Will you reset the current gameworld? Just wondering, I don't mind ofcourse.

@Two Thousand
Thanks mate. Hope you have a good time yourself.

@Thin Small Fist
Indeed. I've added the rest to a local file, but haven't gotten to testing it yet, will upload it after.
I assume that some current players would like this server to stay, so the plan is to keep the current server running on its own as long as it's either useful as a test server or it's paid for by the players that play there over time. So if it appears to be useful as a test server I will keep it up no matter what.
If I find out that it's not very useful as a test server, then the plan is to add some donation shop, maybe pay for premium or something (but can maybe still travel with boats without premium), and if it's not paying for itself I'll make some kind of announcement(s) about how much the balance is down and when the server will be shutdown if the balance does not go up to at least 0.

Last edited:
I'm reminiscing about Realots servers hosted by others in the past, and I found this well done video by Maas (for the-realots.net, 3x exp, a server that was hosted by someone else in the past):
There's also a second clip:
I like both of these videos in general, but they also demonstrate some of the differences between normal OTS and Realots/Real Tibia, at least for those with a keen eye.
I don't want to point out everything, because some things are more interesting than others, but you might notice for example in the second clip that FE's and DL's can be much more volatile than they are on most OTS (notice the red damage is fire spells from the FEs).
Orc berserkers, demon skeletons and other summonable monsters are also generally a little stronger on Realots, which makes them not only a good pvp option for lowlvls, but can actually be very useful at all levels (they are also tougher/harder to damage with physical damage on Realots/Real Tibia).
And if you think back, when was the last time that you got one-shot by a DL from 600 hp on a regular OTS simply by walking down the stairs for less than a second?
Some of this demonstrates how volatile monsters were on Real Tibia. If you have played a lot of OTS you might be over-confident at this point, being used to just SD-spamming everything down, and not worrying much about taking damage because monsters are so weak and predictable.
Not on Realots. On Realots you can die as a mage at level 100+ by a single hydra if you're not careful. Monsters changes target, not only by distance, but by how much damage you cause them, how much HP you have, and sometimes they choose a completely random target.
There are a million more differences, like the follow/chase system is perfect (you always instantly move when the monster moves, and there are no bugs like if you move with the arrow keys on your keyboard then your char stops chasing - this happens on many OTS even if you have "Auto Chase Off" unticked in your client...), minimap clicking into unexplored territory is perfect (on many OTS clicking the minimap into unexplored (black) territory is very broken and you'll often get nowhere with it (char will just run in stupid circles over and over) and so you have to walk manually instead, or on other OTS your char/client will magically know the shortest way to the place you're clicking towards even if the minimap is black (their server likely tells the client the shortest way there even without minimaps, this defeats the purpose of exploring and destroys realism..)).
Realots is just mechanically superior in almost every single way possible* and gives a much more reliable, nuanced and challenging Tibia experience, where everything works just like it should, where monsters are actually scary, where PvP and character mechanics is reliable yet complex (for example holding down your strongest spell hotkey actually doesn't cause the optimal amount of damage!), where every quest, book, key, item mechanics and every other detail works, and where you have to play creatively and adaptively to survive or to win.

* I have found one minor/funny bug and one medium bug that gives this server a small disadvantage in a couple of areas: 1. Summoned monsters that can't detect invisibility won't follow you if you have invisibility, I guess because they can't see you, haha, so you'll have to lose invisibility again or target other monsters for these summons to move, and 2. There seems to be a bug where it's possible that monsters won't respawn under certain unfortunate circumstances. It's unknown whether this bug is temporary and fixable, being caused by other software that are still under development, or if this was a bug that affected Real Tibia too, in which case it's not directly fixable (but it's possible for players to remove the thing that blocks the respawn in-game, and once it's removed, monsters will respawn again).
Generally though, neither of these two bugs has a huge significant impact on your playing experience. Monsters will almost always respawn in time unless the server is extremely crowded (~1000 players or so), and there are a lot of spawns out there, some of which are not affected by this bug.

Server update:
None; Still working on everything :)
My plans for this server is becoming clearer and clearer day by day in many ways, and I am satisfied with many of my ideas/plans, so I'm still hyped to develop and "finish" this server, and I hope some of you are still too.
These servers should be the richest servers you have played on in terms of nuance, reliability and challenge, with multiple servers for different experiences, customized for different types of players.
Now it's mostly just a matter of finishing all the coding, and for me to think of how to code in creative ways to manipulate the server files, to make customizations for the servers smooth in the future.

Last edited:
Summoned monsters that can't detect invisibility won't follow you if you have invisibility, I guess because they can't see you, haha, so you'll have to lose invisibility again or target other monsters for these summons to move.
Something I've noticed is that you can't summon demon skeleton when a dragon lord shoots fire bomb at you. It gives an error "There is no room." which is funny because DS aren't immune to fire. What does make their spell more useful instead of the merely annoying extra fire damage. You easily forget these things after playing otserv for years.

Back