• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Italy] Zanera 7.70 - Snapshot of a Real Tibia Server (reset every 24h)

Fixed. This particular problem shouldn't happen again.

Hmm. The problem should be fixed already.
I'm also able to log in right now and the QM logs says that no login has failed since I updated it two days ago.
Are you getting "Please enter a valid account number or password"?
If so you need to just enter the account number without any password when you try to log in :)
EDIT: Actually, changed it so you can write whatever password you want now as long as the account number is right.

Last edited:
I just want to say that I need minimum 1-2 days break now after 10+ hours of thinking and coding every day, not only because I need a break but I have many other things to work on also.

Yesterdays updates:
* New website layout using a single/unified template and my own front controller, added picture from Real Zanera war 7.6 as website background
* Pages separated and linked to in the navigation menu
* Added the commands aliva tera and alani x,y,z for GMs so they can explore the whole map with teleporting using coordinates and added banishment options back into GM's ctrl+y function while making all characters unbanable
* Few more database fixes like added house names back into database; had deleted them many months ago for some reason, and other small fixes

Plans for the future of this server from highest to lowest priority:
* Changing the polls system so players can add their own options to polls (then add more polls)
* Char search (finds only chars below x level and no GM accs) with a column for name of house owned
* Web functionality using cookies to give visitors the option to hide their flag or whole entry on online list, combine the online-time-count of players with dynamic IP, and more
* Start designing/working on the system to either copy or move public characters onto private accounts (will probably take weeks to months to finish because many things will have to be fixed, changed and improved first before this system can be built)

dude you're doing something great may i ask why it's not posibbleyet to create our own characters here yet?
it will be imposible?

regards and great job
c:

dude you're doing something great may i ask why it's not posibbleyet to create our own characters here yet?
it will be imposible?

regards and great job
c:
Thank you :)

I'll explain:
I can easily make a secure page where people can create their own account and character (in a few hours tops with custom anti-spam-measures).
The problem is that there is a lot more that needs to be done to make everything else work and make the server stable and secure.
Even if I created account and character creation, there would be no highscores (okay, this is easy to make), no house auctions (harder to make), no character search, no profiles, no forum, no system for getting something from donations, etc.
And the QM would still be unstable, so all kind of problems could potentially happen like possibly rollbacks and even loss of accounts.
Further there is no map editor for this distro, and many things are still foreign compared to other distros, like how every script function works, what their syntax is, etc.
So there's a lot of work ahead and I don't wanna jump into it in my pyjamas.

Here's an analogy:
Think of it like going to fight in Svargrond Arena.
To do those quests, first you need enough levels, then you need enough supplies and items and a strategy before you start the quest, else you'll either not get in the quest, or you'll die and lose items or aol + payment to enter quest.

I'm doing all the necessary preparing first so we don't get into a similar situation like when "fake Ecstazya" as they call him started up a Realots copy about 3 years ago, promised everything to his players, took everyone's donations, and shut the server down in a month or less without delivering anything except for the server running, but without premium, etc.
I don't ever wanna be that guy :)
I also work on other projects of mine, and one of these projects is building a framework that will make it easier/faster and more secure to make the website for my Realots project (as well as for every other project).
I'm basically working on making the tools I need to build everything else faster and more secure later on - this will both save time and help ensure that things I make in the future will be more secure, reliable and easier to fix when problems happen.

And finally, I also have many RL issues I'm working on, including not being able to deal well enough with stress, minor economic problems, not the best living situation, etc.
So everything is going a bit slower than I wish it would, but that's just how life is - I'm only human, even if I wished to be a robot.

Thanks to both of you guys for friendly input :)

Update:
Added just for fun a "last login" time at account list with 4 different color schemes to make it easy to distinguish different amounts of time since last login;
Light blue for a character that is online right now,
Green for a character that has been online in the last 24 hours,
Lavender for a character that has been online more than 24 hours ago,
Red/Orange for a character that has not been logged on in over 10 years.

This way it's easy to find characters that nobody has logged on yet, at least in over 10 years!

Also added to the front page the total number of unique characters that has been logged on while this server has been running (about 9 or so months in total now) which is currently 7407.
I thought that was pretty cool - more than 10% of all the characters has been logged on while this server has been running! :)

I've also started slowly to work on the Realots server with private accounts.
Trying to get a different client called otclient to work with it - this should raise the FPS while playing for most players + gives much more inventory space and more, I've made a post in the jobs section looking for C++ programmers to help out with the workload, still working on cleaning up the Query Manager, etc.

There won't be a serious launch in a while, but I might start transitioning into allowing players to create private accounts in a few weeks time, but the server will just be a test server so you might lose your characters at any time, etc, but I will run it 24/7 just like now (although it might unexpectedly close down/crash, but I will try to fix such problems ASAP if they happen).

Last edited:
Would anyone be interested in playing on the Realots test server if I opened it up now with account-char registration, but with extremely limited website functionality (maybe online list and highscores level-page only, you won't be able to buy any houses) and very minimal game changes/updates and no real maintenance?
Meaning I won't be on often checking for cheaters, I won't be making changes often, even small ones, you play on your own risk (I will not close the server in a while, but there won't be any guarantees that things goes smoothly, that characters will always be saved, etc, that's why it's called a test server anyway :)).
The only changes I'll probably be making is increased exp, loot, mana, skills (not ML yet) and weapon stats.
Basically if I opened it up now it would be a very lazy opening, like Zanera running now; little activity from me.
But maybe it will be more fun than Zanera still, since you've got your own char with daily char saves?

For anyone interested:
What exp, loot and skill rates would you like to see?
And would you be okay with the server being PvP-E? If not, which PvP mode would you prefer (options: Enforced, Normal or Non-PvP)?

PS: Zanera will go down when Realots test server goes up.

Other updates/what I've been working on recently:
  • I've been able to connect to the server with OTClient now, but it needs more work before it's uploaded.
  • I've started experimenting with trying to make a system that automatically creates cam files on the server-side for all players in-game activity.
    This will solve ambiguous rule violation problems (player A reports player B for aimbotting, no GM is on, player B logs out, did player B cheat or not?) in the future on a stable server and systematically eliminates the likelihood of staff corruption.
    I have got the first and most important (but also the easiest/quickest) steps to work, so it should be possible to implement, but it probably won't be ready for a while.
  • Still working on the web framework. There's slow progress, but the entire thing is somewhat of a headache, taking a lot of systematic and thorough thinking to work on. I often literally fall asleep when deeply focused on it, getting drained out of energy.

Last edited:
I've decided to launch the testserver either this or next week.
The PvP mode will likely be set to Normal (with an increased number of frags for RS and ban) unless a lot of people vote for something else.
The decision for PvP mode may be decided in a new poll instead of in here.
More news around launch and other things will be posted in here in the future.

I'd prefer you kept Zanera up. It's fun to play. With GM accounts you can go anywhere, conjure any items and cash to buy runes: an ideal test server.
+ PvP-E is one of the best things on this CIP engine. Why would you not use it?

Any chance you, @e.e, put it online as it was again until you get it ready? You hindering OTServ development!!! We need you, we need Zanera!!

Is it still up @e.e ? I´d like to know some things, such as how spells / runes work. Can you host it for some of us that are still curious and want knowledge?

@Tinkz
Map, all characters and houses have been cleaned.
The server is otherwise open and running, but I haven't uploaded the account registration website function yet.
I let Peonso in and gave him a high-level char from Zanera now since I know he works on open source projects (if anyone is wondering: ofc if he abuses this char in any way I'll take it away, and nobody will be given any characters on the real/stable server).
Most other people will have to create their own char and level it up though.
I'll try to upload the acc registration form today/within an hour or so.

Edit:
Took way longer than I expected, but also did a more thorough job than I had planned, and I still finished within the promised day (if one counts 12 or 24h) :p
Will make a new thread.

Last edited:
Are you able to increase the exp rate? I hope that I will have the possibles to test everything without having to waste so much time grinding. I’m curious about spells / runes

That was the experience that i wanted, tried to run the "virgin" files for about a week, but i don't know a shit about linux. Please bring it back!

Hi. I decided to re-host Zanera while I'm still working by myself on a web framework that I'm building from scratch (time-consuming) which is leaving Realots in the waiting room.

I'll answer one hypothetical FAQ question below while most other answers can be found here http://zanera.realots.org/faq.
Q: What is the point of this server?
A: Two parts:
  1. Getting a nostalgic taste of how exactly Real Tibia was like 10+ years ago; explore every character and house, walk around/hunt some monsters and see how it feels like compared to other "Real Map" servers.
  2. You can go PvP with friends (the server is PvP-E so there's only 50% exhaust and no kill limit!) or try the Real Tibia Quests, like Annihilator (with the real Demons and damage formulas) without losing anything on a real char since you never had to level it to begin with and it's reset back in 24 hours.
I might also increase monster raid rates and summon insane boss monsters (like the unfinished Ferumbras, or demon bosses like Orshabaal, Bazir or Apocalypse) if there's a demand for it.

If you have a question that is not answered on the website or a comment feel free to post it here.
You may also PM me if you prefer, but there's a chance I won't respond.

hello! i have logged into zanera.hopto.org some year(s) ago and i really would like to login again, to record a video for a channel of my friend who talks about old tibia. is it possible? i can pay a vps to put it online for 1 month at least, please. or if possible you send me the files to open a server? to login in old characters e etc... i would be really really gratefull.

thanks!

@templariosarado
hello! i have logged into zanera.hopto.org some year(s) ago and i really would like to login again, to record a video for a channel of my friend who talks about old tibia. is it possible? i can pay a vps to put it online for 1 month at least, please. or if possible you send me the files to open a server? to login in old characters e etc... i would be really really gratefull.

thanks!
  • There is this project by Ezzz if you're mainly interested in the old characters/accounts and houses, which should be very easy to host (double click exe file I believe).
    The gameplay/mechanics of his server is not real tibia, so it's not full Zanera at all, but it's supposed to have all the characters, house items, and I believe some normal OT gameplay mechanics.
  • If you'd like to try to host the full Zanera files yourself you can easily find them on the forum by just looking around a bit, but it's not as easy to host and the server is not stable without proper patching (basically nobody fully knows how to yet).
  • As for me, I have plans to host Zanera again after I'm finished with developing Realots (see signature for link), Realots is basically the same server but with cleaning of old houses and characters + higher rates during test server phase, lower rates later on.
    However I don't work much on Realots anymore (like 2-3 hours per month atm).
  • If you or anyone wants Zanera up again sooner then I'm open to having it crowdsourced for an early launch for say $100 or something for the first 3 months of hosting + setup, and then after the 3 months the hosting must be paid each month by the players to stay up.

Hope you both found what you were looking for.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Back