• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Italy] Zanera 7.70 - Snapshot of a Real Tibia Server (reset every 24h)

Bro i love your work but this server is for nostalgia, if you plan something that people will play frequently you need to make private accounts.

I tested chars, hunted some, and thats it, I wont login again becouse its a really waste of time. Even thought i enjoyed while i play i wont exp 1h for nothing, get my point? I guess many people who tested and left afterwards, would play if you made private account server.
Dont you think?

Bro i love your work but this server is for nostalgia, if you plan something that people will play frequently you need to make private accounts.

I tested chars, hunted some, and thats it, I wont login again becouse its a really waste of time. Even thought i enjoyed while i play i wont exp 1h for nothing, get my point? I guess many people who tested and left afterwards, would play if you made private account server.
Dont you think?

No please!!! Don't use these obsolete files. They're buggy, poor and VERY inefficient. Perhaps you could modify OTHire to work with CIP files, but PLEASE don't use this engine. It's more an historical artifact than an usable thing.

Thanks. And yes. But I repeat: The idea I had was to make a system where players can own and play (at least) ONE of these characters on their own private account.
In other words there would some time, like one week, where players/visitors come to the website, choose a character (first to know the account number and to claim it wins it), and after one week all public accounts are removed, and only private accounts are left with chosen Zanera characters, and there would be no more resets - the server would work as normal.

Dont you think?
Maybe (yes of course some more, but not sure how many). But I'm still disappointed that more people didn't show any interest or enthusiasm about the polls system I have talked about (and which is not finished - it's just very basic right now), which would allow the community to influence the development of the server every step of the way..

No please!!! Don't use these obsolete files. They're buggy, poor and VERY inefficient. Perhaps you could modify OTHire to work with CIP files, but PLEASE don't use this engine. It's more an historical artifact than an usable thing.
Are you talking to me or Turbot?
I have seen you in other threads - why is it so important for you to preach to devs and players what not to do and where not to play in other peoples threads? Isn't it enough to say it in the distro thread (vanilla realots thread)?
Realots.net was hosted for 10 years without major problems.
And why do you have "RealOTS 7.7 USA - Cipsoft Files. Launching soon, stay tuned." in your signature? :p

Thanks. And yes. But I repeat: The idea I had was to make a system where players can own and play (at least) ONE of these characters on their own private account.
In other words there would some time, like one week, where players/visitors come to the website, choose a character (first to know the account number and to claim it wins it), and after one week all public accounts are removed, and only private accounts are left with chosen Zanera characters, and there would be no more resets - the server would work as normal.

Maybe (yes of course some more, but not sure how many). But I'm still disappointed that more people didn't show any interest or enthusiasm about the polls system I have talked about (and which is not finished - it's just very basic right now), which would allow the community to influence the development of the server every step of the way..

Are you talking to me or Turbot?
I have seen you in other threads - why is it so important for you to preach to devs and players what not to do and where not to play in other peoples threads? Isn't it enough to say it in the distro thread (vanilla realots thread)?
Realots.net was hosted for 10 years without major problems.
And why do you have "RealOTS 7.7 USA - Cipsoft Files. Launching soon, stay tuned." in your signature? :p
I wouldn't mind about playing with that terms like "giving life" to the old Zanera itself, but i would suggest to really advertise it so maybe and only maybe we could find the real old owners around they would really love to maybe even have their character duplicated but on an old engine, if they still playing their character nowdays i mean.

I've voted.

Maybe "neptuno" already tried it and well, its human behaviour to think that even if many people(including yourself) already failed doing a thing to think and suggest its impossible to success on it...or maybe its just that he had some plans on doing the same + or - and they dont wan't competence.

I can say, that if you are about to ask players about how the server should be i'll be giving my opinion not regarding my taste but honestly what i think its the best and fair.
Take also in mind not even a 5% of players that play oldschool visit otland nowadays...they probably don't even know about the existence of your work actually :p

After all I can tell you that this is very unhealthy and I'm not surprised you didn't get much interest. People usually want to play the server they dream of, but if you want them to focus on their arguments and needs, they are not able to do so. Most people don't know what they really want until you show them your server. Don't expect them to have interest in polls, this does not end well anytime. I believe you should take strong leadership of this development and perhaps gather a small focus group to work with if you want players to influence the creation of your server, like few oldschool players that are experienced enough to speak for the majority. Polls will not work, trust me, I've been there. I also have a lot of experience in software development in general and it's never too good to have too many people making decisions / suggestions.

I dont care if you think its obsolete, its how tibia was back in the days.

In my opinion I wont play this server after first day if i cant play my own account. Thats my opinion.

After all I can tell you that this is very unhealthy and I'm not surprised you didn't get much interest. People usually want to play the server they dream of, but if you want them to focus on their arguments and needs, they are not able to do so. Most people don't know what they really want until you show them your server. Don't expect them to have interest in polls, this does not end well anytime. I believe you should take strong leadership of this development and perhaps gather a small focus group to work with if you want players to influence the creation of your server, like few oldschool players that are experienced enough to speak for the majority. Polls will not work, trust me, I've been there. I also have a lot of experience in software development in general and it's never too good to have too many people making decisions / suggestions.
Thanks for your input!
I believe I understand and largely agree with the main point you're making here.
I think of course that not everyone can lead; not all ideas can go through; even the majority of votes can't determine the outcome completely, because the majority isn't always right or understands the complexities well enough.
But I still would like to and also believe that it's practical to maximize this type of open-ended collaboration as much as possible, which would greatly exceed the current values of any other OT I've seen so far in this regard, as long as there's a market for this open-ended collaborative way of doing things/process (and my question is: is there in this community?).
My hope was also that in the process the people who are the most "confused" or uncertain about what they want or what is possible/practical will perhaps learn on the way, and maybe even appreciate the opportunity to become better at understanding their own needs and what is technically/practically possible over time through this process.

In short: It's not that I have any plans to delegate the decision-making over to the players. That could be interesting too as a science experiment, but I'm quite sure it would turn into anarchy.
The developers (myself in this case) has to make the final decision.
But I was curious and hopeful about the possibility that perhaps the OT community, or at least a large portion of it, would be interested in something like I described above - a server that truly encourages feedback and open-ended collaboration - after all this is an open-source community.

And if there was such an interest I could put my heart into the work and grow more myself as a person, otherwise it's just a matter of earning money, and I have some serious doubts about being able to make enough money off this to make a living where I live (one of the most expensive countries in the world to live in), at least without selling out, and selling out is a sad event that just makes the world crazier imo. until there's hell on earth and we no longer hunt Demons, but rather they hunt us and we're all level 1 forever.

I wouldn't mind about playing with that terms like "giving life" to the old Zanera itself, but i would suggest to really advertise it so maybe and only maybe we could find the real old owners around they would really love to maybe even have their character duplicated but on an old engine, if they still playing their character nowdays i mean.
Exactly, yeah!
This is part of the reason why I have considered moving the server to US/BR though, because the owners would probably mostly be BR.
(It was first suggested to me by a player on this server - you know who you are, thanks for the suggestion :) )

I've voted.
:) Thank you (for sticking with the server).
I'll look into Zanera/Realots development again soon after I've regained my health.

Maybe "neptuno" already tried it and well, its human behaviour to think that even if many people(including yourself) already failed doing a thing to think and suggest its impossible to success on it...or maybe its just that he had some plans on doing the same + or - and they dont wan't competence.
Good points, yeah.
I just don't want him to potentially scare off players with his strong anti-cip-files opinions on this that I don't share, so I'd like him to preach his message somewhere else :p
But I don't have anything against him and I wish him well or something (don't know him).

I can say, that if you are about to ask players about how the server should be i'll be giving my opinion not regarding my taste but honestly what i think its the best and fair.
Take also in mind not even a 5% of players that play oldschool visit otland nowadays...they probably don't even know about the existence of your work actually :p
:)
Perhaps, yeah. Either way I appreciate the encouragement my man! :)

Last edited:
I WAS working on a RealOTS server. Believe me, you can see BoneZ' thread if u want to. We indeed hosted the files but they were so buggy and obsolete that we dropped it. The engine consumes 100% of the memory randomly, the way it works is so ancient and it's very (and I mean VERY) bad coded. If you wanna use this go ahead, it's not important to me if you want or don't want to use this buggy, obsolete engine. I'm just trying to help ppl who want a download&go server...After all, why u think EVERY 7.7 realots failed miserably?

I WAS working on a RealOTS server. Believe me, you can see BoneZ' thread if u want to. We indeed hosted the files but they were so buggy and obsolete that we dropped it. The engine consumes 100% of the memory randomly, the way it works is so ancient and it's very (and I mean VERY) bad coded. If you wanna use this go ahead, it's not important to me if you want or don't want to use this buggy, obsolete engine. I'm just trying to help ppl who want a download&go server...After all, why u think EVERY 7.7 realots failed miserably?
You're obviously not helping me by dumping negative rumors about the server files in my advertisement thread....
If you wanted to help me, rather than being a sulky douche trying to ruin the fun for everyone, you would've PMed me instead and I would've been nice to you back.
If you want to argue with me, I have disappointing news: it's a lose-lose-situation for me, so I'm not going to, but I'll explain how it's a lose-lose-situation:
* If I win the argument, then more people (both competent and incompetent people) will want to host Realots, and because the server is really only good for one thing (can't customize it too much, so it's only an excellent Real Tibia server, not much else) it's not good for any of us that many people are hosting the exact same server in the same way, I'll explain; it causes confusion and makes it hard for players to choose which server to play on, and easily the person who pays for advertisements or has the best looking website visually is likely to win the most players, then one month later something might go wrong and the hoster quits/stops hosting, and now everyone are disappointed and don't trust any Realots server again... This is not good. So I want everyone to be able to host these distros locally/privately, but only the most competent hosters should host it publicly imo, and so I don't want to encourage anyone to host this by arguing against your points.
* If I lose the argument, then some players will probably be scared off playing.
So it's better for me simply to not argue with you.
I did want to address your post however, so that's what I'm doing here.
Now please stop posting off-topic things in my advertisement thread (just like it's off-topic to post in someone else's advertisement thread about some TFS bug that was discovered in TFS just because the thread-owner uses TFS; you don't know anything about that specific hoster's setup, configs, modifications, etc, so the bug may already have been fixed or be a non-issue for him, so it's just spam/off-topic to post things like that in his adv-thread).
If you want to argue with someone, do it somewhere else.

All realots failed miserably becouse they made lowrates xD

Even if its obselete when iryont (medivia) hosted it with highrates when dennis gave him the files, everyone enjoyed and we reached over 500 players

The true game and the reason why we play ots its to replicate old feeling, @e.e with your server the feeling is back, thank you and dont listen haters

This is acutally a really great project. It allows developers (who want similar formulas/mechanics as cipsoft) to test a lot of things, without having to start up a copy of RealOTs themselves!

I'm with @ond, great project to test things. Keep it up, and I recommend to edit monsters files to give high experience and let the people level up quickly to have a little fun and to allow tests go further.

@CipsoftStinks
PvP battle-aiming wasn't introduced until 7.8.
Aiming at monsters through battle should work.

i know i was asking because he was shooting sd in game screen and no battle windows
Oh. Who? Guy that posted after tarantonio? If so I've got this guy on ignore for trolling while back, so dunno what he's said.
My bad for misunderstanding.

My bad. I confused myself very seriously here :p
It turns out I also had Thin on ignore, but assumed it was someone else that had posted.

@Thin Small Fist
Thanks for the second donation. I didn't add it on the donation list yet as my energy is low/attention is focused elsewhere and Zanera is as good as dead again, but I'll add it soon.
And it's nice to see that you're still active and having fun.

And to answer an earlier question of yours: yeah, there's still a plan for a high exp PvP-E server.
I'm just focusing on larger programming design issues still to make sure that every project I start in the future goes as smoothly as possible.
There's many medium challenges with this distro like no publicly available map editor (to save map anyway), no native compatibility with OTC, a pretty sloppy and unfinished Query Manager (I've cleaned up some of it), and more, which adds up together as a big problem/large workload for just one person when I've also gotta make the whole website incl. web design (which I know very little about; learning slowly), redesign the entire database, map edit with a text editor, fully learn and document the whole scripting system, RE, and much more, while also working solo on multiple other big innovative projects while living off a minimum income and trying to prepare for a very unstable and unpredictable near future IRL with a minimal budget and social network, not to mention personal problems and the impact of all of this stress (fortunately reduced by some herbal meds I've discovered :p).
This has been my attempt to explain why progress has been so slow anyway - sorry to disappoint whomever's been waiting for Realots to start up anytime soon.

I could just rush building a primitive website/AAC and run the high-exp server unprepared, but I'm worried and suspecting that not many people will be interested if it's too rushed, and at the very least I'll be needing enough paying players to pay for the hosting.
I mean what I'm most worried about by rushing this server is that I might tarnish my reputation if something goes wrong or not enough goes right (f.ex house purchases is far from ready) and once I'm actually ready that no one will be interested anymore if I rushed things earlier (lost trust). That's why I've decided so far not to rush things.

But I'll say this: if enough players are interested in playing (and paying a little bit each to play) Realots - a high-exp PvP-E server like this with private accounts and no daily reset, even without finished houses, guilds, etc, then I'll consider rushing "Realots" (won't be exactly like realots.net, but there'll be some similar item changes, custom items, unique bosses, in addition to some added hidden areas (added later), shortcuts, quests etc that the players will have to discover all on their own).

Hype
or
?

Last edited:
Back