• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lack of good servers?

Arcar Zaturum

Reaction score
Is there any decent servers to play nowadays? Taking a quick look at otservlist and otland all I see is either custom servers that reset every X weeks or bland rl map's.

I'm looking for a decent server, preferably custom with a decent playerbase (doesnt have to be 200+) but I can't seem to find anything like that. Is it just me?

I look at otland and otservlist every day hoping to find a new custom server, but that rarely ever happens.
It sucks I know.. :(

The main reason why there are so many rlmaps is becuase of ORTS, doubt pretty much anyone would wanna update an 8.6 rlmap to 10.x with tracking all areas etc.

Well, if everybody only waits for players to play in server, before they join, then everybody will keep waiting.

While you looking for lot of players server, join me on Whi World? Its a custom and i have no reason to reset it. Updates come pretty much daily.
Server has been online for 4 months and i plan to continue working on it for long time.

Last edited:
I don't understand it either; how can people have fun playing with the same map, monsters, spells, items, etc.. that has been around FOR YEARS? It's no fun when you know how hard every monster is, what each monster can drop, what stats each item has, and so on.. the only reason I can see people liking real map is because of PvP? or at least that's what I've been told.

With OT's the possibilities are endless, people could literally create and do anything they want (with some limitations) but instead they choose to make bland real map servers or download and run teleport servers which makes me angry and sad.

About that, I would say it is because most ots closes after 1-2 months. It isen't worth learning a new map etc and then when you start to get good at it they close the server..
If you only play on rlmaps(as most major guilds does) you won't really have to learn anything new, you know where to exp etc.
It isen't worth spending the time and effort imo on a custom / evo server, since they rarely get over 20-50 players compared to rlmaps where you can get well over 400 if you got a decent server.

It's not that there's a lack of good servers. There's a lack of good players. No one bother to play custom maps, and when they do, it's 20 players max.

is not that they/we "play" rl map, is a bot game already ..... that sucks even more.

I have a secret project in the works right now :p super duper custom with long-term plans, no botting allowed and no rewards for donations. Probably around 50% done.

I don't understand it either; how can people have fun playing with the same map, monsters, spells, items, etc.. that has been around FOR YEARS? It's no fun when you know how hard every monster is, what each monster can drop, what stats each item has, and so on.. the only reason I can see people liking real map is because of PvP? or at least that's what I've been told.

With OT's the possibilities are endless, people could literally create and do anything they want (with some limitations) but instead they choose to make bland real map servers or download and run teleport servers which makes me angry and sad.
Well there are still ppl like me who never got past lvl 50 in real tibia and thus for me rl map is a huuuge custom map :p

A lot of work and is required to make a custom server, a sloppy evo or a real map is just so much simpler to make and when someone finally has the motivation to complete their custom project it almost always lacks players. We see tons of discussion threads about "upcoming" custom servers but sadly they rarely finish because it's really hard to have motivation to finish it since you need to put in so many hours to get it done and even after that there might not be any players at all. And there's also the money aspect you pretty much need to buy advertisement and a really strong dedic so you don't get rekt by ddos.

Last edited:
I have a secret project in the works right now :p super duper custom with long-term plans, no botting allowed and no rewards for donations. Probably around 50% done.

Doubt that server will live for long sadly, you have to add rewards for the donations so you can pay for the ddos protection(if you get any noob players or other servers wants your players).
But hopefully im wrong :p, sadly it's hard to create a server without donations today..

Back