• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Last OT generation

Testerus

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
As the title says, do you think this is the last Open Tibia generation?
Give some arguments, let's see some opinions.

I don't think so. I believe that Open-Tibia will continue to be in development for as long as Tibia is in development. Let's look at the facts, its been around for a decade now and many have come and gone, but yet still they keep coming and going. Not to mention, not all contributors are kids, and not everyone is about fun or learning, there is a real serious business side to all this as well...

So no, not last generation, not even close!

yeah i think it's pretty much dead to be. If server got some people, 70% of them bots, fewer the 20% of players play bot-manual and 10% full manual given there are about 200 of us on otland that could play bot-manual maybe 50-70 will go full manual, with such low base it's pretty much dedek

yeah i think it's pretty much dead to be. If server got some people, 70% of them bots, fewer the 20% of players play bot-manual and 10% full manual given there are about 200 of us on otland that could play bot-manual maybe 50-70 will go full manual, with such low base it's pretty much dedek
You couldn't be more wrong lol. Think about how many people play ot servers? I play a RL map server right now that has 500-600 online and literally barely anybody cavebots

You couldn't be more wrong lol. Think about how many people play ot servers? I play a RL map server right now that has 500-600 online and literally barely anybody cavebots

Well players come and go but what about the developers, server or project owners and content creators?

iam here talking abour real ots that has custom map, storyline, vocs. everyone plays rl crap maps because they are easy and well known, but when it comes down to low exp rpg, where are those hundreds of players?

iam here talking abour real ots that has custom map, storyline, vocs. everyone plays rl crap maps because they are easy and well known, but when it comes down to low exp rpg, where are those hundreds of players?
Well there are still a few that exist.... I have high hopes for the amount of people I feel will play Necronia

I hope these kind of servers will get more recognition soon.
Custom stuff generally takes longer (if you want a good outcome), that's why there aren't many now.
Seems people are more interested in RL Maps or Evos as I can see.
Don't know if I'm right.

Yes, This generation is indeed the end, It's not hard to see that the RL clones are even slowing down... It's coming closer to an end.. I remember a day when OT was actually fun and had NOTHING to do with Tibia what so ever.. Now it's all people beg for T_T

I think it depends on what cipsoft depends to do since afterall open tibia depends on cipsoft. (Atleast for now who knows what the future holds! :) )

I'm gonna try to be the next Neverland or Luminor and make somthing Brand new that everyone wants to host.. A new server with a map everyone wants to edit and use and maybe put some spice back into OT and make it original again

Back