• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[list] CIPSoft lazy solutions

Since the introduction of Dawnport every new character starts with 27 mana potions and 21 small health potions. Of course it had (and still has) fatal consequences, but instead of simply removing any potions from starting equipment as soon as they realized it can be easily abused, CipSoft decided to gradually implement silly and lazy "fixes".

Obviously, immediately tons of mana potions were brought to Mainland, which lead to mana potions being sold for around 20 gp on the Market.
What did CipSoft do? They made potions nontransferable to Mainland. But they did nothing to potions which had already been transferred.

Of course it didn't stop players – instead of bringing mana potions to Mainland people used them all and sold the vials.
What did CipSoft do? They made vials unsellable on Dawnport. But they did nothing to vials which had already been sold.

Again, who would've guessed, it didn't stop players from abusing free potions. They just transferred the vials to Mainland and sold them there.
So CipSoft made vials nontransferable. But they did nothing to vials which had already been transferred.

Surprise, surprise, it didn't end the problems. People could still raise their magic level on Dawnport in no time which lead to new mages leaving Dawnport with mlvl 60+.
So CipSoft made it so you cannot get past magic level 20 on Dawnport (as a mage – for other vocations it's accordingly lower). But they did nothing to players who had already increased their magic level.

And after that CipSoft stopped patching their terrible idea, so yeah – nowadays players basically start with magic level 20.

Since the introduction of Dawnport every new character starts with 27 mana potions and 21 small health potions. Of course it had (and still has) fatal consequences, but instead of simply removing any potions from starting equipment as soon as they realized it can be easily abused, CipSoft decided to gradually implement silly and lazy "fixes".

Obviously, immediately tons of mana potions were brought to Mainland, which lead to mana potions being sold for around 20 gp on the Market.
What did CipSoft do? They made potions nontransferable to Mainland. But they did nothing to potions which had already been transferred.

Of course it didn't stop players – instead of bringing mana potions to Mainland people used them all and sold the vials.
What did CipSoft do? They made vials unsellable on Dawnport. But they did nothing to vials which had already been sold.

Again, who would've guessed, it didn't stop players from abusing free potions. They just transferred the vials to Mainland and sold them there.
So CipSoft made vials nontransferable. But they did nothing to vials which had already been transferred.

Surprise, surprise, it didn't end the problems. People could still raise their magic level on Dawnport in no time which lead to new mages leaving Dawnport with mlvl 60+.
So CipSoft made it so you cannot get past magic level 20 on Dawnport (as a mage – for other vocations it's accordingly lower). But they did nothing to players who had already increased their magic level.

And after that CipSoft stopped patching their terrible idea, so yeah – nowadays players basically start with magic level 20.
Thats why I love rookgaard

omfg. It's so damn stupid I find it hard to believe, but I know how Cipsoft "fixes" things so doesn't really suprise me. Just... wow..

omfg. It's so damn stupid I find it hard to believe, but I know how Cipsoft "fixes" things so doesn't really suprise me. Just... wow..
Just to clarify, I didn't mean that players literally start with magic level 20, but that you can make lots of characters to get free mana potions and use them all before leaving Dawnport, thus getting magic level 20.

aprilsherz2020.jpg

Take a look at scarf. Too lazy? Or...

Attachments

aprilsherz2020.jpg

Take a look at scarf. Too lazy? Or...
that is maybe the laziest 1th april joke from cipsoft

they could at least make it true and allow our eyes to rest a little by implementing skins to the game client

I always wondered about something and I can't really remember how it was.

TFS limits the Z view range while underground to +- 3 floors.

Is this limitation in RL Tibia aswell?
Is there any place to trigger this in RL nowadays?
If this is a thing, why would they make it this way if such limitation is not present while above floor 7? There must be a good reason... I'm just curious.

If this is a thing, why would they make it this way if such limitation is not present while above floor 7? There must be a good reason... I'm just curious.

1. no idea honestly, might be client sided because if I remember correctly, X-ray could highlight demona warlocks when walking on surface
2. stairs to deeplings (quirefang)
3. might be client optimizations. For example they save fps through not displaying half of the particles when somebody spams UE or another large area spell and they limit how much text can be on the screen if big spam happens. Remember that Tibia is a game that started before year 2000 and it could run on computers that were considered potato even in those years. We can safely assume that they're still using same performance solutions they used in 7.0.

System requirements from 2013 or older (googled):
Recommended Requirements

• Processor: Intel Pentium III / AMD Athlon MP
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon Xpress 1200 Series or NVIDIA GeForce 6200 LE
  • System Memory: 16 MB RAM
  • Storage: 300 MB Hard drive space

my 2004 setup had 256 MB RAM, pentium 4 (not sure about this one) and 60GB hard drive
I also remember I was buying extra 512 MB ram to load RL maps on rme 1.1.something version (7.7 leak happened somewhere in 2006 and big custom maps were a thing back then) so I had it until at least 2008

Last edited:
I always wondered about something and I can't really remember how it was.

TFS limits the Z view range while underground to +- 3 floors.

Because when you're on the surface you might be able to see all floors from 0 to +7. That depends on your position, but you can see roofs, towers etc. (or, when you are on the tower, you see the ground level). So all surface floors have to be sent to the client. You can't see undergrounds, so that isn't sent.
And when you're in the underground, you might see those 2 floors below or above at most, e.g. in Edron behemoths, so that has to be sent, but there's no need to send more. It has nothing to do with lazy solutions, it's just how 'camera' works in Tibia.

Because when you're on the surface you might be able to see all floors from 0 to +7. That depends on your position, but you can see roofs, towers etc. (or, when you are on the tower, you see the ground level). So all surface floors have to be sent to the client. You can't see undergrounds, so that isn't sent.
And when you're in the underground, you might see those 2 floors below or above at most, e.g. in Edron behemoths, so that has to be sent, but there's no need to send more. It has nothing to do with lazy solutions, it's just how 'camera' works in Tibia.
Couldn't there hypothetically be a 7 floors high tower on the -7 level?

Best lazy solution for 2020, Were*putanythingyouwant* monster. Btw, look at those sprites, lazy as fuck.
also they are reusing lots of sprites from previous updates, like issavi, lion rock questline, falcons and werecreatures once gain... I wish they could invest better the money they earned this quarantine, because right now this update has nothing that can be called really new

When cipsoft decided to merge Dolera/Inferna into 1 server idk how the named it but it's the only server that has no battle-eye and that's because they found out biggest botters were on pvp-enforced, anyway I was 100% legit player all the way my first lvl 100 char was in Dolera very sad

When cipsoft decided to merge Dolera/Inferna into 1 server idk how the named it but it's the only server that has no battle-eye and that's because they found out biggest botters were on pvp-enforced, anyway I was 100% legit player all the way my first lvl 100 char was in Dolera very sad

Dolera player here as well.

Dolera and Inferna got merged into those two 2x exp “experimental” gameworlds to create Zuna and Zunera. They merged the two most difficult worlds to play with the two easiest worlds to play, effectively destroying the rich history Dolera and Inferna had.

Red

Back