• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[list] CIPSoft lazy solutions

7KLEMRK.png

this thread shall not die

A lot of these are stuff like mapping bugs, but if I'm being entirely honest... CIP's mapping is pretty bad nowadays. Most of the stuff they make feels like a '10-minute-OT-cave'.

I think people hate on cipsofts maps to much, sure its not the best i've seen and can be a bit odd at some places.
but like look at mainland and rook (original maps) they are pretty impressive i would say when it comes to layout and size.
detailing is not the best but still, i use cipsofts map for inspiration and remakes quite often, even if i change it so much you cant really see its cipsofts map, i use it as "base"

and without it, we wouldnt be here so props for cipsoft, i have a lot of good memories thanks to them, and also met a lot of friends so, stop the hating boys ;) ;)

Fun fact. If you ever wanted to affect CipSoft's mapping, you can report these bugs and they'll fix them.
That way, you can say that you have actually changed the CipSoft map! :D
I reported that obvious map bug in thais sewer as soon as you leave the boat! and it only took them like 3 years to fix it:

1621973732788.png

(note: I've reported it twice in two different test servers)

I reported that obvious map bug in thais sewer as soon as you leave the boat! and it only took them like 3 years to fix it:

View attachment 59149

(note: I've reported it twice in two different test servers)
I had the same experience with reporting map bugs. I reported map bugs regularly for a year and after not being fixed through many patches and two major updates I stopped wasting my time.

People hate pretty hard on cip when I feel like they do try, but I do agree they take a hell of a long time to respond to the community and bugs. Read about the recent discovery of the dwarven legs quest and transformation achievement. It took multiple attempts of emailing cip before they fixed and responded to game bugs.

Last edited:
Fun fact. If you ever wanted to affect CipSoft's mapping, you can report these bugs and they'll fix them.
That way, you can say that you have actually changed the CipSoft map! :D

Did you ever think that they might do it with purpose? So that people can report it and feel like that have an impact?

I think that might be something good games can do, do small bugs and then allow people to report them, might feel like the players are involved.

I can't wait to see how it will turn out:

1622856431985.png

in the current state we already can barely see the chat window, imagine after this being implemented

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people hate on cipsofts maps to much, sure its not the best i've seen and can be a bit odd at some places.
but like look at mainland and rook (original maps) they are pretty impressive i would say when it comes to layout and size.
detailing is not the best but still, i use cipsofts map for inspiration and remakes quite often, even if i change it so much you cant really see its cipsofts map, i use it as "base"

and without it, we wouldnt be here so props for cipsoft, i have a lot of good memories thanks to them, and also met a lot of friends so, stop the hating boys ;) ;)
I'm talking about CIP's newer mapping. I'm not talking about their old stuff, which has some justification in being a bit rougher, but the new stuff is bland. The new sprites also look gross and rubbery. Tibia is pure Soul vs Soulless.

otclient devs: introducing new format to support sprites opacity, rewriting plenty of client code to get the job done, map the areas below water to create the scene
ryfDAdG.png

cipsoft: when you add more spritesheets / lmao bottom text
latest
pOsaoa0.png
how the heck do you do that (picture 1)?

Not really sure what has to be done client side, but the data about transparency can be achieved in object builder and importing pngs with alpha channel to it

You just make water transparent and map below it.

For ground floor (7) to underground (8) theres a hardcoded visual black barrier - we don't know if that screenshot has that barrier removed or just mapper over/below floor 7.

Back