• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Local test server

Elime

OTServers.eu
Solutions
Reaction score
Can I have a local test server on the same computer as I am hosting a live server at? Including website testing? If yes, how would I go about setting it up?

Thanks =)

Yes it is possible but you have to use different ports, to reach the website you will have to type http://hostname.com:"portnumber".
Its pretty easy but make sure you dont use a port thats already in use cause then you wont reach it.

Thank you a lot! I really appreciate your help =)

I made a copy of the server and edited the config so that it runs on diffrent ports. It works fine but it's still connected to the same database. But I guess I can just add an other database on the phpmyadmin page and use that instad.

I'm still not sure what to do to make the test website work though. Can I run 2 appachas somehow? =S

I use uniform server with TFS 0.2.14. If that helps.

Like running a second OS in a virtual machine?

Exactly what I mean

gI3vMlx.png

Two network cards wouldn't help, two ips would but its not in need of, he just need to run it on different ports. Running on a virtual server won't give him a new ip adress so therefor he wont be able to have testers on the ot then, only he will be able to play on it and if that's the case he can start one server with sql instead of mysql. A virtual server also uses pretty much of your computer so its a unnecessary program running.

Do this:
Copy both the otserv & the www/htdocs folder*
Add different ports for the new copy*
Add new database in your phpmyadmin*
It should be enough from there but in case there occur some error or failure, tell me. (You wont be needed to run 2 apaches/mysqls)

you dont have to virtualize just change the world id and the server ports and create another database
and if you need a webpage for the server just create any folder in htdocs and add the AAC on it and use localhost/newserverfolder to reach the test website
and if you want to host both servers you can configure apache to redirect players to each folder automaticly if they requested X domain

Back