• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Looking for.....

imback1

Unknown member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello OTLanders.
I'd like to introduce myself at first, I'm Mohamed, 21 years old, My languages are English and Arabic, Scripter.
I'll speak honestly with you, I had an experiment before with creating an evo OTServ but for some reasons i failed, these are the reasons that i noticed like my map doesn't look good or exp stages? the way of game play? do not know it really, So i started to collect a team to make kinda high exp server like 400-600k with custom client and alot of features so what i need is that,
Mapper
Web Designer
The client will be 10.77
Write some information about you, age, your specialities, your online time per day, etc
Thanks in advance!
PM here or post below ^_^

Yours:
CobraOT

Last edited:
Hello OTLanders.
I'd like to introduce myself at first, I'm Mohamed, 21 years old, My languages are English and Arabic, Scripter.
I'll speak honestly with you, I had an experiment before with creating an evo OTServ but for some reasons i failed, these are the reasons that i noticed like my map doesn't look good or exp stages? the way of game play? do not know it really, So i started to collect a team to make kinda high exp server like 400-600k with custom client and alot of features so what i need is that,
Mapper
Web Designer
The client will be between {8.60-8.62}
Write some information about you, age, your specialities, your online time per day, etc
Thanks in advance!
PM here or post below ^_^
Yours:
< CobraTeam >
i recommend you move to 10.x
you'll be able to implement new and better features, plus high exp & 8.6 is dead

you'll be able to implement new and better features, plus high exp & 8.6 is dead
The problem is that i'm not experienced with 1.x scripts [0.4] but i'll think about it, Thanks.

you dont need to be experienced with 1.x scripts
if you know 0.4 you know 1.x
it took me 10 minutes to learn how to script for 1.x because i could script with 0.4

you dont need to be experienced with 1.x scripts
if you know 0.4 you know 1.x
it took me 10 minutes to learn how to script for 1.x because i could script with 0.4
gonna try it but i need to find the team at first then we will think about the more information :D.

I would also recommend going 10. something, preferably the newest version possible. While you're at it, use the newest everything, newest Lua version, newest MySQL, newest XML, etc.. Trust me on that, if you succeed with your server with old stuff in 6 months you'll have an unsustainable server with lots of bugs and incompatible libs and whatnot, which is like a nightmare.

Seems to me that this is wishful thinking.
Sure, 10.xx has way more stuff to use but both highexp and 8.6 is very much alive.

Take a look on otservlist. You see bunch of 100x+ servers on the frontpage with 100+ players

@imback1 Create what you want to create. If you want to use 8.6, use 8.6

@edit
Also, cause I can predict that tomorrow i'll get a reply back with "oh but 8.6 is 100% bot"
Keep in mind that its easier to bot on latest clients, but its easy to prevent most of the botting in 8.6.

Last edited:
I would also recommend going 10. something, preferably the newest version possible. While you're at it, use the newest everything, newest Lua version, newest MySQL, newest XML, etc.. Trust me on that, if you succeed with your server with old stuff in 6 months you'll have an unsustainable server with lots of bugs and incompatible libs and whatnot, which is like a nightmare.
I thought about it i found that custom client for new client will be suck because of high graphic that will not make many players to log in, something like @Shadowsong OTS the custom client of it need highly graphic card and if you think about high exp that have alot of players you can check SpiderOT or XerazxOTS they have got a good amount of players and they aren't 10.x+.
Iam up for work at 10.77 project. ;)
Send a pm please and we will discuss about the version of the server.
Sure, 10.xx has way more stuff to use but both highexp and 8.6 is very much alive.

Take a look on otservlist. You see bunch of 100x+ servers on the frontpage with 100+ players

You are right about the way of 8.60 and i like it more than 10.x graphic etc :D but i need a team who can do a lot with me to make it better.
@edit
Also, cause I can predict that tomorrow i'll get a reply back with "oh but 8.6 is 100% bot"
Keep in mind that its easier to bot on latest clients, but its easy to prevent most of the botting in 8.6.
As i said before i'll do custom client and bot check to avoid botting :D.

@edit
i meant to say that making a high exp ot on 8.6 is pretty much dead because sure you can get some players but you cant deny even though you say you have an anti-bot server, people will still bot.
and if you ban the people that bot, you will lose players
GnjdWDE.png

can you guess why the br/polish/mexican servers have so many players?
can you take a guess at how many players are botting mindlessly for hours and hours on end, and aren't really playing the server?
how much of that playercount is most likely faked?

i meant to say that making a high exp ot on 8.6 is pretty much dead because sure you can get some players but you cant deny even though you say you have an anti-bot server, people will still bot.
GnjdWDE.png

can you take a guess at how many players are botting mindlessly for hours and hours on end, and aren't really playing the server?
Thats a very bad example.
Okay, put it like this. Lets take highexp.eu for an example. They used to have 150+ players when they had 8.6 and 90% of those were real players (no afkers) and i know this because I played that server a LOT.
Now, they switched to 10.77 which made them lose 50% of their player base.
10.xx is not a preferred client for highexp and it never will be. Not because you can "bot" at 8.6, but because 8.6 is legendary for having high experience servers.

Okay, put it like this. Lets take highexp.eu for an example. They used to have 150+ players when they had 8.6 and 90% of those were real players (no afkers) and i know this because I played that server a LOT.
10.xx is not a preferred client for highexp and it never will be. Not because you can "bot" at 8.6, but because 8.6 is legendary for having high experience servers.

True and yea I played for long time highexp ot ^^

GnjdWDE.png

This is my reply Same as @DestinationSer Said, Do not compare br/pl Servers with others, I've tested them before and i found 0% edition so i'm still wondering why do they have got alot of players and can't find the reason until now. :p
You are right, Right now i'm playing SpiderOT and i'm getting fun with it :p and used to play highexp.eu too before.
Dont go for 10x please, highexp ots are more made for 8.60 client and not 10.x
Haha i won't :p

because brs/polish people play 8.6 to bot
you cant say that they didnt bot because almost every player that plays an 8.6 server is botting at least in 1 way, it could be autoheal, autospell, etc
i played highexp.eu a couple years back and watched people bot spawns all fuckin day lmfao

you cant say that they didnt bot because almost every player that plays an 8.6 server is botting at least in 1 way, it could be autoheal, autospell, etc
i played highexp.eu a couple years back and watched people bot spawns all fuckin day lmfao
I agree with botting shit but as i said before I'll do Custom client + anti bot check so if we say in normal case 100 players will bot with my ideas like 5-10 will bot, so i'm still winning :p.

I agree with botting shit but as i said before I'll do Custom client + anti bot check so if we say in normal case 100 players will bot with my ideas like 5-10 will bot, so i'm still winning :p.
if you know how to edit custom client to the point where people are unable to even get their bot started then thats fine, but otherwise people will try to bot

whats the problem of botting??? I dont get it OMFG... maybe cavebotting is shit but healbot??ß Who cares about that shit or auto attack or what ever at end they will die anyway in PK bcus BOT = destroys the pvp skills

if you know how to edit custom client to the point where people are unable to even get their bot started then thats fine, but otherwise people will try to bot
They try and i ban with check :D easy one and do not forget that 10.x versions have bot too so same result.
whats the problem of botting??? I dont get it OMFG... maybe cavebotting is shit but healbot??ß Who cares about that shit or auto attack or what ever at end they will die anyway in PK bcus BOT = destroys the pvp skills
Yea but most of people leave their characters to level up and make the server dead but without bot you may find some fun with it.

You must've seen those few 10% of the people who was botting then. I used to play highexp a lot back in 2010-2012 and I almost never saw one single botter. Sure, there were a lot of foreigners but the pvp was really fun because there were different nationalities in the game and it was usually egyptians vs everyone else.

Back