• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Map Editor Issue

Aldoria

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I hope someone can help. Here is my problem:

I've set up Remere's MapEditor for 7.4 and the PZ tool & house tool doesn't work (along with the no-pvp, etc.. but I don't care about any of these).

As soon as I click the box to switch to PZ or whatever, the application freezes, an error box pops up (Windows RME.exe has stopped working, please wait ) and it closes.

I'm just wondering if it's not working because I messed up something in the editor, or does 7.4 maybe just not support these functions? Any information or insight is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Aldoria

PS. I don't like forums very much because they're not instant. So anyone can add me Aldoria Christopher Allen Robichaud | Facebook if they want to IM there I'd prefer it, although I am at your mercy folks.
If you have any preferred way to IM (instant message), let me know and I will try to accommodate you.

I'll just help u in forum not on facebook or anywhere else...

make right mouse button on your remere's map editor.exe -> properties -> compatibility -> and set to "Windows XP Service Pack 2"

Then open the map editor again and try it...should work fine

Tried that and it didn't make a difference, thanks for the reply though.
I am running Windows 7 if that makes a difference (instead of windows xp) but I did select windows xp service pack 2 like you said
Any other suggestions?

No, that wouldn't work. I can't use anything of these:
ina45i.jpg

If I click any of those boxes, my mapeditor crashes & closes :(

I had the same problem and I solved investigating:

You can't use tools because you haven't got any item on the terrain palette.

Go to the folder of your RME 7.4, and open the file "tilesets" and then go to the top and paste:

<tileset name="For tools">
<terrain>
<item id="101"/>
</terrain>
</tileset>

By doing this you will have 1 palette on your terrain palette (Name= For Tools) with 1 item, I think the cave wall. And you can select all tools.

Bye;]

Back
Top Bottom