• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapper [MAPPER] Custom server

Erik J

Reaction score
Hey!

I recently completed a custom evolution server. We have decided that we want to move further with the server.
We decided to recruit a professional mapper with fantasy, as we have faith in the server. We would like to be presented with a project, work or something similar, to demonstrate Your mapping skills. Your job will be to remap different things on the map, such as temple, teleport room, quest. We are not only looking for a skilled mapper, to fit in the profile. You need to be serious aswell, like someone who we can feel trust with and believe that he or she could do a good job.

spRTTSm.jpg

dnkiRUI.jpg

qQ6o3dH.jpg

Some information about the server: Version: 8.6. Low staged, custom Evolution with alot of features, events. War systems, all kind of cool scripts (specially custom ones).

Post a application after this template:

• Name:
    What is your real name?
  • Languages:
    What Language?
  • Experience:
    How much experience do you have with mapping? How long have you been mapping?
    What is your contact information? And do you use Skype?
  • Availability:
    How many hours are you available to map each day?

You can also include at least one images of your work.

If you dont feel to applying here, you can send me a private message, and we can talk there instead.

Yours sincerely~
Erik J.

Attachments

Last edited:
What version is your server? Is it supposed to be mapped for higher levels or what? I just want some more information, anything, thanks.

Name: Alfred
Languages: Swedish, English and some spanish too
Currently involved in any projects: I've been mapping and scripting on my own server just for fun. I am a bit experienced in the open-tibia section, I started
to create ot's in the 7.6 times but then I stopped, eventually i started again and I have learned quite alot about it too. I can do the most things on OTs, not just mapping.

others: I've been playing tibia since 7.4 and tibia was actually my first game, I am very experienced (not in the newer versions though).
I am also intrested in scripting, I am going to study in coding soon so if you would need help in anything else regarding the OT I might be able to help out.
I have a mick and I use skype, I am also online quite alot so you can contact me with ease and I am mature, compared to other people.
It would be fun to help you guys out and I hope to hear from you, see you.

*= I will be 17 soon...

Name:karim (game name:Lillesnakz or snakz)
Languages:fin,swe and english
Currently involved in any projects: my own custom map

I would help you but i'm already involved with a few projects,
but i'm just notifying you that several decent mappers are now involved with projects and it may be a difficult time to find a mapper, so be weary on all that apply and check them out, you should probably get them to post a screenshot, or link you to their mapping thread. (since most decent mappers are good (or have an ego) enough to release a thread, as well as those who think they are)

Good luck with your project, and don't go too "wild" with ideas, as this is very time consuming.

I'm gonna give you a protip; don't get any mappers, they're not needed, they usually take very much time to finish something (especially "pro" mappers). I've had many sucessful servers in the past and in those I just downloaded maps and copy&pasted awesome spawns/quests to my servers. In one of my real map servers I had around 200 players, there I imported whole towns and even though there was so many players noone was like "wow i have played this map before". There's so many good maps out there that noone uses, you should use them.

@up are you an idiot? A propper custom map will take ages!
Since "pro" mappers do most things 100% raw. That means every border, every tile, ever wall, Every detail! Ofcourse it will take ages!

It takes like 2 hours to make a decent spawn for a tp map, never mind a continual flowing map.

Download and run owners should shoot themselves! Because, the map you downloaded was "mapped" by a "pro" mapper!
Therefore hours, days and weeks were spent on that map, most are up to like a year! So don't start flaming saying mappers take ages! Try it yourself, make a decent map, no autoborder, all raw and lets see how well you can make it!

Why do they release it then? God forbid us for actually using things people release! Everything should be 100% custom, especially a fun evo server! You're right man, i'm such an idiot!
I was saying it takes a long time to map for most mappers, if he wanna invest months into his project then fine, but he can also invest a week and get even more spawns/quests by just importing from other maps. Your mapping is also trash, judging from your mapping threads, I suggest you to take my advice.

No i never said that,
I said they spend ages on the map. There are no quick maps that are decent. I was just challenging your point. But download and run owners should shoot themselves not download and spend time working on the server owners.

Since majority of download and run, add donations and do it because they wanna be gods and make money! which isn't a valid reason.

It happens yh but still

Also they release the map for one of 3 reasons.

1. no longer use for it for themselves
2. It's not a good map
3. To sell.

HAHA my mapping is trash, ok mate. W,e.

Thats why i'm involved with 4 projects and 2 i never applied for i got asked.

Last edited:
I'm gonna give you a protip; don't get any mappers, they're not needed, they usually take very much time to finish something (especially "pro" mappers). I've had many sucessful servers in the past and in those I just downloaded maps and copy&pasted awesome spawns/quests to my servers. In one of my real map servers I had around 200 players, there I imported whole towns and even though there was so many players noone was like "wow i have played this map before". There's so many good maps out there that noone uses, you should use them.

There's really not so many good maps out there. Best map out there is Real map imo. You should take a look at the mapping showoff board to see just how many of us mappers are actually trying hard to make a good server for the community instead of downloading and running pre-ready piece of s**t servers.

/sincerely,

nearly every person from Mapping Showoff

@up someone with sense.

@op
If you need tips on mapping visit the tutorial section or even ask for donations such as towns etc.

You may not get a dedicated mapper but at least you can map and get donations of map peices to help speed up your project until their are free/available mappers.

There's really not so many good maps out there. Best map out there is Real map imo. You should take a look at the mapping showoff board to see just how many of us mappers are actually trying hard to make a good server for the community instead of downloading and running pre-ready piece of s**t servers.

/sincerely,

nearly every person from Mapping Showoff

Yeah, they're not good for you maybe but for actual players that isn't involved in mapping the maps are better than enough. People often overrate maps in this forum, a custom awesome map isn't what the majority of the players wants. By "trying hard to make a good server for the community instead of downloading and running pre-ready piece of s**t servers" you mean mapping? Proves my point yet again, mapping is so overrated. The map doesn't have to be perfect, it can be as "detailed" as a real map server, that's enough.

Actual players (Mappers or not) would love having a storyline etc to follow and quests to do, not just start and then kill 1 creature, OH look I'm level 1000.

And what i was saying was, that it is better to have a server with something different, map is generally enough. Since alot of tibia players got "BORED" like me, and want something new, then i came to otland played a few ots, had some ideas and thought i'd give it a shot, had 3 servers in total, only 1 was successful tbh, had that up for about 6 months and then my computer fucked up :/ so got a new computer and started again.

The more time spent on a map the better. I agree with players wanting an OK map but thats what evo servers are for.

If i wanted all player to play my server i would make a high rate (since like 1000's of players play them)

But i'd rather spend the time and know i did it, than to download, edit temple and a few spawns, quests and items and claim it is all mine.

Name:Adde
Languages:Swedish/english
Currently involved in any projects:On my ot I have home just for fun :) thihih

Back