• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapping Questions

Daeron

Reaction score
Hello,

I don't know if this forum sectione is the right one but it says "Support". Well I kinda need to ask some couple of questions since I am a beginner in mapping thing, oh and by the way I use the RME editor.

My Questions
1. Is this the right section I am posting in ? If not could you post which section?

2. In mapping which is the orginal floor to map on? Mine is 7 and when I pick floor 8 I see nothing just black and I don't know how to map...example house, when I map the walls in floor 7 I pick 8 to make roofs but then I can't see anything, I see black only and I don't know where to map.

3. I saw a video and when he place water/dirt the bordes is already put automatic, I wonder how I can do that?

4. I find it kinda hard to make mountains, is there any possible tutorial for how to make mountains?

5. Also wanted a tutorial for how to make houses, or how to put the roofs

Thanks in advance!

1. For support related questions like these, this is the correct board(if you ask me). If you are looking for feedback for a mapping piece you've created, go to the Mapping Showoff board.

2. The standard floor/level is 7, the level above is 6, the level underneath is 8.

3. This is called automatic bordering, by pressing "A" you can disable/enable this. You need to use the terrain or doodad pallete for this.

4. There are plenty of tutorials, head over to the tutorial section.

5. I'm pretty sure there is a tutorial for this aswell :p

Best of luck with your mapping :)

Thanks for a really fast reply!

Now I got another question!

When your making a mountain you need to make roof to the mountain or something that cover over?

You can add ground like grass or top mountain ground, but you didn't use the right mountain borders, so that would look weird.

If you create mountain floor somewhere (ID 919)
G-GcjzWv.png

Then in Terrain Palette use the Optional Border Tool and click around the mountain
ED_M1KI1.png

It will create the right mountain parts at the right sides.
it532Tw.png

Like this you can see which one to use at which part, so if you add ground ontop, it will look natural.

Thanks for fast reply Limos!
--------------------------------
Question:

As I can see when I save my project I done, it comes documents with codes, when mapping do I really need to make codes or scripting? I am confused :/

Thanks for fast reply Limos!
--------------------------------
Question:

As I can see when I save my project I done, it comes documents with codes, when mapping do I really need to make codes or scripting? I am confused :/

No, the codes that are generated are codes that tell the server where you mapped monster spawns and houses. You don't ever need to touch these codes, but you need to keep them in the same folder where your map (.otbm) is, if you ever put monsters/houses (with house tiles) on it.

One question!

When making/creating a quest, what you gotta do to make it like a quest I mean u gotta put a chest but how to make for example you get golden legs from the chest? You need to put any codes?

What do you mean? I use RME editor, you wanted another answer?

To make the quest functional in the game, you need the game-server in which you will be running your map. If you just want to map and nothing else, then I guess this doesn't concern you much because it's more related to the server.

But to fill you in - there are different types of servers, and only some of them have a trick that you can use in RME to make a "quest chest". If you right click a container, go Properties. In action ID, enter 2000, and in unique ID enter any number you want as long as you are certain it hasn't been used before, and fill the container with items. Ingame, when someone uses this container, it will act as a quest chest.

Back