• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Monitor Client Traffic

daisaku101

Reaction score
For you professional coders out there.

I realize that essentially, no matter what is wrong with my server, I can determine that by identifying what the Tibia Client is expecting. So the question is:

HOW DO I FIGURE OUT WHAT VALUES THE TIBIA CLIENT IS EXPECTING???

I thought of using Charles Proxy to monitor the traffic between the Tibia client and a real server to determine the values that are being sent back and forth, but that eventually fails due to SSL validations protecting against proxy servers.

How can I monitor the client traffic? Or is there a way to get the source code of the client to be able to read and determine what it expects? Or any other ideas?

@Linxsis Try me. I am an expert web developer, having worked for Mercedes, Coke, and many other large companies. I know my sh*t. Just never worked with C++, executables, or ran into these specific issues, and I know I can figure it out if I at least get a small idea of where to start....

@Linxsis Try me. I am an expert web developer, having worked for Mercedes, Coke, and many other large companies. I know my sh*t. Just never worked with C++, executables, or ran into these specific issues, and I know I can figure it out if I at least get a small idea of where to start....
Code:
Charles is an HTTP proxy / HTTP monitor / Reverse Proxy that enables a developer to view all of the HTTP and SSL / HTTPS traffic between their machine and the Internet. This includes requests, responses and the HTTP headers (which contain the cookies and caching information).
Wrong ports.. where to start? Look up packet analyzer

Last edited:
Hey @Linxsis Thanks for the info. I have seen this before, but the data transmitted is not like it is in Charles for websites. I have never needed to use a packet analyzer for web development purposes. I hadn't tried it since I don't know how to "translate" the packet data into readable data, but I suppose I will have to learn that now. Thanks again. I will try to learn how to do this.

Back