• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Moving forward

OTLand is an open-source community, and there is nothing wrong with the people who run servers and make money from that, running a server is not essentially free and takes a lot of effort. The problem is when people use free resources such as The Forgotten Server and don't give anything back to the community -- or even worse, try to sell the resources they create.

We need to start working together to move forward. I've been working on The Forgotten Server for free for over 6 years and I've never asked anyone to pay me for a copy. When I see people fork my project, add something to it and sell their additions it demotivates me from continuing to share my improvements to the engine for free.

I'm not going to be nice and expect people to understand what an open-source community is anymore, as of today, I'm closing down the Marketplace board and making it illegal to sell OpenTibia resources on OTLand. If you're in an open-source community to make money, you're at the wrong place. It is still OK to charge for hosting services, and advertising such services should be done in the Jobs forum. Advertising websites where you can buy or sell OpenTibia resources will not be tolerated.

The best way to move forward is by doing it together, and therefore it is important that we help all the newcomers with their questions in hope that they will learn and contribute to the community. The support team has done a good job with that, but there will always be room for improvement. If you cannot contribute with codes or scripts, at least contribute by helping out the newbies in the community!

To encourage developers and end-users of the OpenTibia software to contribute more, I've also closed down the private subversion in favor of an open GitHub repository. While this may result in less donations to OTLand because many were paying for a premium subscription with the intention to get private subversion access rather than supporting OTLand, I will do my best to keep OTLand ad free.

Watch and fork The Forgotten Server at GitHub! If you have made any changes that you feel should be in the official repository, create a pull request.

I am looking to compile and use the tfs 1.0 but my OS is windows xp, not run MSVC 2012 and i'm need to compile, it's possible to use MSVC 2010 or codeblocks for compile it and have any tutorial for this?
Thanks.

I hope that people read and understand Marks first post, when we make money from our servers we should send even a small portion to otland every bit counts, if not the only way to make money to keep it up is flood it with ads, making it more difficult to navigate, making the layout ugly, things as such.

Not just money but scripts code and all, lets get contributing.

I am looking to compile and use the tfs 1.0 but my OS is windows xp, not run MSVC 2012 and i'm need to compile, it's possible to use MSVC 2010 or codeblocks for compile it and have any tutorial for this?
Thanks.

You would have to use g++ or Clang, Code::Blocks should work with any of these compilers, I don't think the compiler in Visual Studio 2010 supports the C++11 features that we are using.

I hope that people read and understand Marks first post, when we make money from our servers we should send even a small portion to otland every bit counts, if not the only way to make money to keep it up is flood it with ads, making it more difficult to navigate, making the layout ugly, things as such.

Not just money but scripts code and all, lets get contributing.

Yeah, I doubt this will ever happen.

I'm sure TwifySoft raises enough to keep OtLand online... Don't worry.

You would have to use g++ or Clang, Code::Blocks should work with any of these compilers, I don't think the compiler in Visual Studio 2010 supports the C++11 features that we are using.
Have some tutorial?

When will be the downloadsection be updated with a compiled tfs1.0

When will be the downloadsection be updated with a compiled tfs1.0

https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/

Ontopic: I will still keep donating to otland. This is because, otland was the place where i learn to code, I'm pretty sure that if i never found out otland i was never either start coding. So i try give back as much i can. I hope you guys do the same! :)

Anyway, i like the new otland. :)

https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/

Ontopic: I will still keep donating to otland. This is because, otland was the place where i learn to code, I'm pretty sure that if i never found out otland i was never either start coding. So i try give back as much i can. I hope you guys do the same! :)

Anyway, i like the new otland. :)
Then i need too compile it myself i mean like that they release a version when its stable enough

I've a doubt, how's the situation with templates/webdesign?, can we still post our applications as webdesigners in the jobs sections?

Well XenForo aint bulletproof either, and this design is 1000 times worse then the old, but I guess it will be better?

I'm have two questions ...
Is it possible to compile tfs 1.0 in Xubuntu (would be the same thing as ubuntu)?
And if there is any dat, spr and item editor to 10.10?
Thanks

Last edited:
Is it still possible to find the old revisions of 0.4 in the private repostory?

Great decision. Even if this lowers the website's traffic and decreases its income, it's a step in the right direction. Thank you so much for this (and everyone who has made OTs for fun or participated in their creation). People who make OTs for money are killing Open Tibia as a whole. Greed is what hurt OTs the most and I'm glad to see people are realizing this.

Mark
What about scripts and such that were on the PSVN ? are any of those going to be moved to a new location or released here?? It was to my understanding there were additional scripts and things not available to the public right?? Would it not help the community by releasing those?

I can't remember there being any scripts that were available for premium users only.

crap, i thought there was but maybe i was wrong. Was hoping to find some better versions of a few things but guess not :S

The market of custom scripts is have been killing OpenTibia and communities since a long time ago, mainly because many servers got a user base that will continue buying items or perks, it makes the people want to have new things and do not release it.

The only way to beat this is creating a community that codes, not a community that just leech. How to do this? Making tutorials of how to code instead of how to turn on MySQL because I'm sure many of us know how.

Would be nice to see OpenTibia strong as before, but sadly for us the game is not good as before.

The market of custom scripts is have been killing OpenTibia and communities since a long time ago, mainly because many servers got a user base that will continue buying items or perks, it makes the people want to have new things and do not release it.

The only way to beat this is creating a community that codes, not a community that just leech. How to do this? Making tutorials of how to code instead of how to turn on MySQL because I'm sure many of us know how.

Would be nice to see OpenTibia strong as before, but sadly for us the game is not good as before.

However the thing is, not many here are openly willing to help. I have had 4 questions I have begged for help on just asked "show me what to do" and to no avail. So I use existing scripts to learn from as I did with mapping.
Yes indeed I agree that we need better tutorials, people willing to step out of the corner and say look, you do it like this ---><----
I can assure you once I learn it all, ill be all over this forum. I just have limited time trying to work, raise kids, build a game for them, mow the lawn, volunteer for my community and respond to emergencies etc. So as said, my only source of knowledge is what I find on the forums and existing content.

Maybe there can be some new "dedicated" threads just for the tutorial threads, I dunno but I have said all along, if some good scripter wanted to take on an over the hill student, id be willing to learn more. Im learning a lot already, I just get pissed when ppl say "go google" or "search button" :S sometimes out answers arent on google or search.

@Mark
Make a new title for Educators :D call them Professor or something lol might spur more people to help.
Ill take "student" for now lol ... jezuz im like in first grade :(

To encourage developers and end-users of the OpenTibia software to contribute more, I've also closed down the private subversion in favor of an open GitHub repository. While this may result in less donations to OTLand because many were paying for a premium subscription with the intention to get private subversion access rather than supporting OTLand, I will do my best to keep OTLand ad free.

About this, the donation price must be low at this time, since there wont be private svn

And about the SVN, there must be a public svn same as preview with all tfs released (by otland staff) in order to organize the community

At this moment TFS 1.0 have all functions from last revision of OTServ? I ask, because I think about change distro (nobody update OTServ :/)

Back