• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Moving forward

OTLand is an open-source community, and there is nothing wrong with the people who run servers and make money from that, running a server is not essentially free and takes a lot of effort. The problem is when people use free resources such as The Forgotten Server and don't give anything back to the community -- or even worse, try to sell the resources they create.

We need to start working together to move forward. I've been working on The Forgotten Server for free for over 6 years and I've never asked anyone to pay me for a copy. When I see people fork my project, add something to it and sell their additions it demotivates me from continuing to share my improvements to the engine for free.

I'm not going to be nice and expect people to understand what an open-source community is anymore, as of today, I'm closing down the Marketplace board and making it illegal to sell OpenTibia resources on OTLand. If you're in an open-source community to make money, you're at the wrong place. It is still OK to charge for hosting services, and advertising such services should be done in the Jobs forum. Advertising websites where you can buy or sell OpenTibia resources will not be tolerated.

The best way to move forward is by doing it together, and therefore it is important that we help all the newcomers with their questions in hope that they will learn and contribute to the community. The support team has done a good job with that, but there will always be room for improvement. If you cannot contribute with codes or scripts, at least contribute by helping out the newbies in the community!

To encourage developers and end-users of the OpenTibia software to contribute more, I've also closed down the private subversion in favor of an open GitHub repository. While this may result in less donations to OTLand because many were paying for a premium subscription with the intention to get private subversion access rather than supporting OTLand, I will do my best to keep OTLand ad free.

Watch and fork The Forgotten Server at GitHub! If you have made any changes that you feel should be in the official repository, create a pull request.

At this moment TFS 1.0 have all functions from last revision of OTServ? I ask, because I think about change distro (nobody update OTServ :/)

If there is any Lua function otserv has that TFS 1.0 doesn't, please report it as a issue on GitHub and we'll add compatibility for it.

If there is any Lua function otserv has that TFS 1.0 doesn't, please report it as a issue on GitHub and we'll add compatibility for it.

Nice, that means I can contribute the codes I've put in OTServ, sounds cool to me.

It's ironic, TFS used to be closed-source, while OTServ tried to maintain the OpenTibia community Open-Source for everyone, after OTFans being shutdown, and OTServ being almost deprecated, TFS becomes OpenSource, it's just ironic. As I'm a loyal fan to OTServ SVN <3

Nice, that means I can contribute the codes I've put in OTServ, sounds cool to me.

It's ironic, TFS used to be closed-source, while OTServ tried to maintain the OpenTibia community Open-Source for everyone, after OTFans being shutdown, and OTServ being almost deprecated, TFS becomes OpenSource, it's just ironic. As I'm a loyal fan to OTServ SVN <3

TFS has never been closed-source.

You're specifically talking about "unofficial" releases. Official releases always have source codes available.

All those people selling website templates that are an integration of various graphics taken from the net, and they want money for it, lol.

You're specifically talking about "unofficial" releases. Official releases always have source codes available.
I think he is talking about TFS at early times when the SVN and binaries of newest versions were just available for Otland donators.

Literally speaking, having to subscribe just to get access to a newer and better version of the server is the same. OtLand claimed it's donation, it's more of a subscription not donation. At least it changed.
0.4 was never better and it was a heaping pile of trash hidden from the public for obvious reason.

This has probably been asnwered already, i just haven't been active and noticed anything.

Will there be working lua tags in future? Right now it seems like there are still no
Lua:
 tags

Someone had thought to put the chaos awith the cut the possibility of access to his work, but he forgot about he selv was layman, what the other people are, that want to open your server. Somewhere the idea of Open Tibia Server disappear in his concept... If someone uses sources only and exclusively for themselves. Do not forget it is only the copies based on real Tibia. In the first was OTFans, someone destroyed and lost their heart. The time now, is Otland, and someone just threw your heart ..
We don't talking about donator board it's speak about OT world in the aggregate. In my mind I remember about FREE access to all codes. Where is it? Bullshit!

Someone had thought to put the chaos awith the cut the possibility of access to his work, but he forgot about he selv was layman, what the other people are, that want to open your server. Somewhere the idea of Open Tibia Server disappear in his concept... If someone uses sources only and exclusively for themselves. Do not forget it is only the copies based on real Tibia. In the first was OTFans, someone destroyed and lost their heart. The time now, is Otland, and someone just threw your heart ..
We don't talking about donator board it's speak about OT world in the aggregate. In my mind I remember about FREE access to all codes. Where is it? Bullshit!

you're right, what now has become a bit of evil hierarchy and i don't decide, but i also do not agree with thatfree distribution was destroying them, some of the distribution of engines have long since disappeared - instead move these distributions on a backups server is now a shambles ...but in the age of the internet, you can find the other fora different packages and different distro TFS (0.2, 0.3), that's example - even there, yes everything is free :)

I agree, this should be a place to help each other and create wonderful things.
Paying for these things is a step back, and won't get anyone further.

I missed the days where people rarely ever charged for anything glad to see things are moving in the right direction :D

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've last checked on Otland.net and clearly there's a new layout and a lot of things have changed from when I previously visited this forum website.

So I was wondering if people could answer a couple of questions.
  • Why did the layout change at all?
  • Why can't they change it back to the old one or make it similar?
  • Why doesn't it show how many users/guests are looking at a thread or post?
  • Why does it feel like hardly anyone even use's this website anymore after the change?
    • I say this due to hardly seeing new threads being created, very little views and barely anyone replying to those threads/posts.
Hopefully some staff members will be able to answer these questions to give more of a credibility to the answer.

Thanks,
HeartlessX

Back