• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Moving towards OTC

What should we do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do have a good point, but the game is pretty much 99% botters so what should we do.
Try to focus on the 1% or the 99%?

That question even matter? If it's just of the sake of pratice or getting better at programing, with no real return from doing it. Why you want it to be more popular? Focusing in the 1% seems a nobrainer to me, why the hell focus in a client used to bot?

Also, if the client became good enough, people will come up with bots for it anyway.

That question even matter? If it's just of the sake of pratice or getting better at programing, with no real return from doing it. Why you want it to be more popular? Focusing in the 1% seems a nobrainer to me, why the hell focus in a client used to bot?

Also, if the client became good enough, people will come up with bots for it anyway.

We need people to use the client, because that generates demand.

When you have Demand for a client, because people want to use it, then you suddenly have a bunch of developers that want to work with the client. To gain reputation, because they are also using the client, or because they know their work will actually be USED.
The easiest way to get a ton of people to use OTClient, is to simply upgrade CandyBot. If CandyBot was powerful, people would start using OTClient.

Where did I say im making a bot client?
I said im going to fix bugs with the bot that already exists as a mod for the client, the bot right now (afaik) has no real connection to OTC.
It's like saying im going to create a welcome text when you login to TFS, is that in some way linked to the source code? No.

We need people to use the client, because that generates demand.

When you have Demand for a client, because people want to use it, then you suddenly have a bunch of developers that want to work with the client. To gain reputation, because they are also using the client, or because they know their work will actually be USED.
The easiest way to get a ton of people to use OTClient, is to simply upgrade CandyBot. If CandyBot was powerful, people would start using OTClient.

Could not have said it better.

I understand the point of having a bot, but keep in mind that the majority of bot users is a normal Player and not a dev. Maybe a few can have knowledge, but it's a minority.
The good point of it is that you can script and customize all bot features in lua, easy and simple, also you can get it by a reliable source. But it's only a way of getting OTC popular with Players, what will happen if it is not so stable and playable like CIP client? They will just leave and go back to their comfortable zone.

Last edited:
I agree that Otclient has lots of potential, sadly not many users have contributed to the project up until now.
I think that, main problem for admins is encrypt/protect modules.

I understand the point of having a bot, but keep in mind that the majority of bot users is a normal Player and not a dev. Maybe a few can have knowledge, but it's a minority.
The good point of it is that you can script and customize all bot features in lua, easy and simple, also you can get it by a reliable source. But it's only a way of getting OTC popular with Players, what will happen if it is not so stable and playable like CIP client? They will just leave and go back to their comfortable zone.

Ive playd some uber orsha ot for a couple of days to try and test the bot out, aswell as to have something to test things on.
I have found a couple of things that are bugged / annoying that I plan to change with OTC aswell as with candybot, but if you ask me the client is playable as it is, some things are really annoying for a player who has only used the standalone client and flash, ex. the NPC window, might redo it so it's more like the flash or standalone one. But it's not a thing worth putting time into as of right now.

About scripting for the bot, as of right now ive made it as easy as posible to both load and save (by the client) aswell as to read(by the scripter / user), and that is by using Lua arrays, with good names ex.
Code:
Bot = {
    enabled = true,
    precisionMode = false
}

There are still alot of things to do before I can push the script system to github, but so far most of the things I have implemented in the module is getting updated with the load function, some require diffrent loading functions, like selected items etc.

I think thats the easiest way to implement scripting for the bot, not using some weird non readable scripts like some bots use.
Waypoints could also be written in arrays something like this;
Code:
Waypoints = {
    [1] = { type = WAYPOINT_TYPE_WALK, Position(100, 100, 7) },
    [2] = { type = WAYPOINT_TYPE_WALK, Position(101, 101, 7) },
}

Last edited:
The client is etting better and better each day if you ask me :p
Sad thing is that when you fix a bug you notice another one haha

Today I completed most of the waypoint system, just need to add logic to most nodes (shovel, pick, stair etc)
But I botted with it for about 3 hours yesterday and had no issues related to the waypoint system.

Some things ive done the last three days;
Updated the code style in modules and mods(candybot).
Most of the values the user sees are now formated, so insted of having 4000 cap you have 4,000 cap(to help new/old players).
The spam with healing spells when you are low on mana seems to be fixed, haven't fully tested it but seems to work now atleast.
Updated some colors, like the hp bar, text colors and some other things, the hotkey module looks alot better/closer to what it "should" look like.
Started to implement the equip hotkey.
Started with the script system for the bot, you can now add, save, remove and load scripts, some smaller things left but not that much.

When I have time im gonna try to focus on the UI to get some testers over, might use @Zews skin to start with - you can find it here (https://otland.net/threads/otc-tibia-theme-v1-2.230988/)

But ye... that's my update I guess, will do an upload to github once ive finished some more on the bot aswell as the UI.

Every+rpg+or+open+world+game+ever_bc2215_5211279.gif

The client is etting better and better each day if you ask me :p
Sad thing is that when you fix a bug you notice another one haha

Today I completed most of the waypoint system, just need to add logic to most nodes (shovel, pick, stair etc)
But I botted with it for about 3 hours yesterday and had no issues related to the waypoint system.

Some things ive done the last three days;
Updated the code style in modules and mods(candybot).
Most of the values the user sees are now formated, so insted of having 4000 cap you have 4,000 cap(to help new/old players).
The spam with healing spells when you are low on mana seems to be fixed, haven't fully tested it but seems to work now atleast.
Updated some colors, like the hp bar, text colors and some other things, the hotkey module looks alot better/closer to what it "should" look like.
Started to implement the equip hotkey.
Started with the script system for the bot, you can now add, save, remove and load scripts, some smaller things left but not that much.

When I have time im gonna try to focus on the UI to get some testers over, might use skin to start with - you can find it here (https://otland.net/threads/otc-tibia-theme-v1-2.230988/)

But ye... that's my update I guess, will do an upload to github once ive finished some more on the bot aswell as the UI.

Sounds like you are doing some good work.

And yeah, the default skin for OTC is pretty awful, I made my own so I didn't have to look at it anymore, but I still feel like mine needs some work done on it.
@Zews skin isn't bad at all, and should probably replace the default skin because they are both trying to do the same thing, just his is much better looking.

Sounds like you are doing some good work.

And yeah, the default skin for OTC is pretty awful, I made my own so I didn't have to look at it anymore, but I still feel like mine needs some work done on it.
@Zews skin isn't bad at all, and should probably replace the default skin because they are both trying to do the same thing, just his is much better looking.

Yes his skin is atleast a very good start :p
The only thing that would need changing is a good way to disable / enable the exp bar~ aswell as to change the top menu buttons etc to more what cip uses.

The little time I had today I spent with the script loading system, seems to work pretty good.
Some smaller bugs with targeting but everything (seems) to load and save as it should.

Also tried to add the HUD, but ended up getting errors with the UI / style, need to learn abit more about them before I can attempt it again.

how difficult to implement would be a mic system?
that would be nice

Interesting question.

Most games with in game microphone support/voice chat are lobby based, meaning you only talk to the same people in the lobby with you. Also, typically you only hear your own teams voice, and the amount of people normally never goes above 50.

In MMOs, you aren't in a lobby, but rather in a world with a ton of other people. So your voice would have to have a range of how far people could hear you talking, I would think. That means instead of voice chat on like a shooter, where everyone can hear you clearly regardless of distance, it would be more liked a streamed sound effect, with the sound effect being the loudest at it's location, and gets softer the further you get away from the sound effects 'center'.

We also have to think, that most modern MMOs are instance based and/or channel based, so in those games you'd only have to play the voice chat to the people in the same channel, and the same instance, which wouldn't be all that hard.

But Tibia is another beast altogether, there are no channels, and there aren't even instances, so in theory it would have to send to potentially everyone logged in. Though, streaming your voice like a sound effect from your location might not be that hard.

If you meant voice chat in PMs or in a private chat like a guild chat, then that is more feasible than in game voice chat, as there is a direct link between the players.

Still I would stick to ventrilo/teamspeak/mumble/raidcall/skype instead of worrying about that. The people who wish to chat with each other on voice chat are gonna get those programs anyway, and the people who don't want too probably aren't gonna talk anyway, and would end up just muting people.

it would be configurable, the voice is heard in party, chat channel or in screen and also must have a mute option
i think it is a good feature, better than using teamspeak etc

anyway can you give me a tip?

it would be configurable, the voice is heard in party, chat channel or in screen and also must have a mute option

It does sound cool, but would require things in TFS and since I doubt Mark wants to implement it you need to add it to your own files.
You need a way where the client(where the sound is taken from) and the server (where we take in the sound and sends it back to the clients).
There are a couple of diffrent ways you can do this, you have to serach around and try and find the best way.

I haven't looked much into this because it isn't on my personal checklist, but the places I would start, is to check out open source voice chats.

The top two that come to mind are Mumble and Jitsi.

Mumble:

Mumble is more of a ventrilo/teamspeak "clone"; it's a server that people log into, that has multiple lobbies/rooms that people can join and talk too:

github: https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble

Jitsi

Jitsi is more of a msn messenger/skype clone; it's a client you log in to, and add friends to your list, and can interact in instant messages, make group chats, make voice and even video calls with either individual people or groups; You can also send files to each other over Jitsi

github: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi

On a personal level, I wouldn't mind doing a complete overhaul of the VIP system/Private Message system on Tibia and make it more like an instant messenger. As in you have to both accept each other to be on each others friend list, conversations would be naturally logged and could scroll through past conversations, be able to transfer files, and even possibly make voice calls/video calls.

Out of all those features, I would find file transfer to be the important, as there are many times I just want to show a screenshot to someone, and even quickly greenshotting it to imgur, people sometimes don't go to the link. Just being able to drop screenshot/file in the chat like you do on skype, is a nice time saving feature, on both sender and receivers end.

One feature I'd love from old messengers to be on OTC was on MSN messenger, you could record a small sound byte and send it to the other person, and it would play to them.

Maybe someday I'll check out Jitsi if I want to redo the chat system for the OTC, but as of right now, the chat system on the OTC is just fine, and other programs already fulfill my needs for voice chat and file transfer, so it isn't a priority, and probably won't be, to me, for a long lone time.

I don't think voice chat is good idea.
It's cool idea making voice possible hear near the player. But no. not good idea. You will end up muting rest of your life ppl and the ones you actually do care to talk with you use external program.

It's cool idea making voice possible hear near the player. But no. not good idea. You will end up muting rest of your life ppl and the ones you actually do care to talk with you use external program.

I agree with this. Thats why I don't think we should put any work into it.

In game voice is a big step, which would most likely force people to mute most people.

Private chats and messages having integrated voice chat could, and would be useful.

Every game I have played, there has been someone I played with that didn't have skype or vent, if I could just make a private chat in the game, and voice chat inside of the private chat, that would be a big boost to 'quality of life' of gaming.

I agree with this. Thats why I don't think we should put any work into it.

In game voice is a big step, which would most likely force people to mute most people.

Private chats and messages having integrated voice chat could, and would be useful.

Every game I have played, there has been someone I played with that didn't have skype or vent, if I could just make a private chat in the game, and voice chat inside of the private chat, that would be a big boost to 'quality of life' of gaming.

Like everytime you play CS, start by muting 20 ppl because all they do is yell and mic spam, annoying as fk.
With tibia you atleast don't need to have focus on it, you can just press tab and enter the npc chat or server log (if you disable the attack etc messages :p)

When I have time im gonna try to focus on the UI to get some testers over, might use @Zews skin to start with - you can find it here (https://otland.net/threads/otc-tibia-theme-v1-2.230988/)
I merged it with what I had and added more stuff. My doubt is, does what client should look like default one? Because it would need minor changes to modules, and not just the "ui skin" folder. Default OTC theme should mimic Tibia client or have it own look? If people want it I would myself commit to GibHub (since it need the changes at modules), but I don't know if it is desired.
QC0Pxs2.png

I merged it with what I had and added more stuff. My doubt is, does what client should look like default one? Because it would need minor changes to modules, and not just the "ui skin" folder. Default OTC theme should mimic Tibia client or have it own look? If people want it I would myself commit to GibHub (since it need the changes at modules), but I don't know if it is desired.
QC0Pxs2.png

I have tought abit about that aswell, the only thing I could see as "good" would be to move all UI items to a theme folder, this would make it harder to change ex. the padding with the skill window, but make it easier to create or change skins.
This way we also create a skin system and thats pretty good since we then can add ex flash, OTC as it is right now, standalone client etc etc

Maybe you can think of something better? :p
And another thing that we should do is to move the cooldown list to above the channel tabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back