• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My Sprites

Zuma Master

~Holes Through Happiness~
Reaction score
Should i continue learning and trying? or should i stop? also i'd love some CnC and a rating out of 10 (note : these are my few first sprites , i've lost one or two after i formatted my hdd :S)
Phase 1: (3 sprites)
1:
2nsmfs9.png

Story: This sprite was my third , and actually one of my best. I got the inspiration from WCIII , I thought i wanted to make something that looks like acolyte legs , basically an idea of a corrupted legs , although it turned out kinda weird , but I'm satisfied with it.
---------------------------------------------
2:
5tw86w.png

Story: This sprite was my second , and it is not really that good. I wanted to do an armor that feels more like a striped robe cut to some stripes that cover parts of the body , to complete a corrupted set later on , although i kinda failed , because i couldn't provide enough detail due to the 32x32 limit :/.
3:
11m85ld.png

Story: Aaah , my new shuriken... Although it is not complete in this form , i felt like creating a weapon that could replace a bow and and arrow , but not so small nor stack-able like stars... So this came around my mind , a shuriken that feels somewhat like Ichigo's first full-bring form... not complete yet , move on...
================================================================
Phase 2: (2 sprites , will add more)
1:
eq8dqe.png

Story: And this , is my edge of corruption. Although it looks like a WIP, and it actually is , it's true. I intend to give it an animation with purple shards from the top , to give it more of a "corrupted" shape... but this is it's current form , and i'm proud of this... (I've created it using some advice from GhostX and Limos)
2:
27xqejd.png

Story: This one is my shuriken... I attempted a few edits , added those edges that give it a more "weapon" shape , and i believe it has a little bit better coloring in this phase...
3:
2i8f7th.png

Story: And This is my attempt to edit that sword from before.... although it hasn't changed much , i fixed the hilt's placing and the coloring... i think it looks better with a golden/metal theme , maintaining the blood on it... it will probably change to a new , animated , violet-like corrupted blade... next time i intend to make it look ALOT better. Just wish me luck.
(Note 2: They are in order of creation , which means i've learned a little bit extra stuff after each one , and i'd love to learn more from the community :D , My stuff is probably gonna look nasty though , i've read no tutorials , just tried around xD)
(Note 3: I discovered a disaster in my career.. today i opened my post from another pc , and i noticed my own pc changes the colors look on my monitor , which means the coloring scheme could actually be something i didn't intend to create o_O , its a sad fact but ill try to fix it soon so i can sprite much better. i hope...)
Phase 3: (1 new sprite , will add more to this phase over the course of days)
1:
99zyig.png

Story: After over 2 months of inactivity in the spriting area of otland (see "Note 3" up to know why.) , i have got a new monitor that shows colors properly now , which means i could return to spriting! so , i went back to this thread and found out my armor spriting is BAD. BAD. BAD. So i decided to try around with some templates and other stuff. Credits to GhostX for a part of this sprite from his armor tutorial. i only used it so i can grasp the perspective and the idea behind drawing the outline of a plate armor. After that i played around with the colors , and this is the result : a merge between a piece of the upper part of GhostX's armor template and my own drawing of the midpiece and bottom of the sprite. My shading was kinda bad tho cuz i reinstalled my windows only very recently , and because of that i still didnt setup photoshop from the disk. So i couldn't shade it with the way im used to... But it didn't turn out Too bad. Also i need people who rate and comment on this one to compare it to Sprite number 2 from phase 1 , because those are the only armor attempts i have ever made.

Last edited:
Well I don't think you should stop when you like it, thats all that matters. But I think it will help to look at real tibia sprites, you can learn alot from those. How to make the perspective but also the style, like type of shading and the use of dark outlines.

I find my mega disaster in the coloring and the shading , I don't think my outlines are Too bad , but they are decent at least , what do you think?

His shading isn't actually THAT bad.

It is just the colour choice.

In most scenarios use black outlines,
And in tibia item sunlight comes from the North West, yet trees=North East

And try to use darker colours, as for getting a "light" look, use pale colours, The last sprite's shading is pretty good, just make the outline sharper, make it look like a weapon.

Also see here for some help

Ye, the outlines are good, but don't forget that only the outlines can be black, not the lines in a sprite (unless the sprite itself is black). If you have problems with shading, its good to use photoshop or a free program like Gimp. And take a real tibia sprite as example next to your sprite (you can find them on tibia wiki), so you can look how to make certain effects and to compare them.

Ok ^^ Thanks for the help you guys gave me (so fast btw o_O) anyway I have to go sleep now :S , I'll try something tommorow using your tips. Byebye

@limos, my first ever sprite was a sword (i think most people's was) so my advice is go make a few swords, i got "semi-decent" in a few hours with outlines etc. Then after looking through forsakenfate's thread, i started to shade mine and he told me to use paint.net for easier shading so now that's what i use. :)

Ye, that one is also good, depens on what you like. But actually the best item to start with is the item you like the most. My first item I made was a red dress, and that one turned out alot better then some swords I made later. With the inspiration and motivation to make something, you make the best things :).

suppose so, it is just in my opinion, swords are simple, something like a dress may be complicated. A sword is essentially just a stretched, diagonal T-shape :p

For me, swords are most hard to make, because I don't like to make them, so I automaticly don't do my best, same goes for axes and other weapons btw. I like flowers the most :D But making something you like makes it actually also more easy to make.

The first and last one is quite nice IMO; I'll give it a 6-7 out of 10. But the colouring is ok. Sorry, but I do not like the middle one much. The colour is really un-attractive. But nice, you should carry on!

BUMP (I don't know if this is allowed or not , since it isn't a double-post and my last post was about 24 hours ago , i think this is allowed)

yh if someone has bumped before you, you can bump again

Nice, better shruiken, however i want you to make it less "curved" and more "sharp".

Good tho, you're improving :)

Nice to see activity on spriting board

its very good man! :) :) :)

but i think that the first sprite need to be edited
because its kinda the colors arent match <_<
for the shruiken i liked it
but the problem after u changed it
it seemed less sharper and attractive
and for the sword u should put the red at the last so it seems like its blood and that may make it more attractive
and if we called the second sprite an armor i think u need to improve ur armor spriting

i hope my advice help :p

Last edited:
Like it, i notice shading needs to be edited but you stated that anyway. Design is nice, good effort overall. Great job :>

Keep it up

Back