• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My Spriting Attempts

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
Ghostx's Magic Box

Edited in my new ones now, since the first page didn't represent my new found ability :D

slimeswordanimated.gifmonkeyanimated.gifpenguin fighter.pngsword.PNGRoyal Cavalry set sword.gif

Last edited:
Personally I like the second sword and both of the handgrips too. And after have judged your swords, you can surely do a better helmet :p

Not bad, my first sword looked like a bread knife ;/ :p

Yeah haha, thanks mate, i know they blatantly need more work, but i thought they weren't bad for my first attempt :), the ot community is in need of spriters so i might take it up as a part time hobby, get good, and release lots of cool and FREE sprites. *when that day comes anyway*

Personally I like the second sword and both of the handgrips too. And after have judged your swords, you can surely do a better helmet :p

Thanks, That helmet was kangarews as linked on that thread, i just edited it abit, for it to look a bit more tidy, and i might use it for a head of a monster.. :p wait and see xD

Here's Some New Sprites,

Angelic Blade
AngellicBlade-2.png

My Fail Of A Shield
I should have probably spent more than 5 mins on this LOL
shield2.png

Forsakenfate's better version
shield2-1.png

Last edited:
Yeah second sword looks better.
I made your shield version with a little more shade and outline, maybe it will help you.
shield1.png->shield2.png
It's not perfect as you know I just started as well xD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yh thanks mate, also take alook at original post, i added some new ones :) looks better with shading. I suppose once i grasp the concept for shading i should have no problem! :D

My own personal favourite...
santasword.png

Last edited:
Haha I like the form of the christmas blade and I see improvement, good job.

:) yeah me too, i'm proud of my self for that :p i'm not sure i like the handle of my axe tho :/ most likly going to change that and might make the christmas sword handle a bit wider :)

You need to outline the edges of your sprites more, they kind of fade away and look bad at the edges. Keep practicing!

Well since i started today, yh. Lol and the majoirty of those i did at 3AM as you can see by my op time :p
And the only ones i noticed are not outlined are the shield and like my very first swords lol.
I just use white to outline since it fits the sword it is, for instance, my christmas sword.
It doesn't HAVE to be outlined with black.

And yes i will keep practicing, but if i managed to get like this in a day then maybe in a week i shall conquer the world. >:3

EDIT: New images

better than my first attempt lol
SHIDL3.png

gfd.png

DAGGER.png

SIMPLE.png

The base of this was originally created by Xkuzirashi And edited into a flag rider.

horse.png

Last edited:
Some new sprites i have made :)

gvfsd.png

Hand cannon, *assassin's creed had one so shhh periodic trolls! ;)*
handcannon.png

My hunter's hood, will probably edit this so its smoother
hood-1.png

My first wand attempt, suppose it's no different to swords, etc but i guess it has more detail (or not!? It's harder than melee weapons tho!)
wand.png

Is it a sword!? is it the avenger!? No! it's an avanger!! :O ;) btw i made all these from scratch, i just adopted the avenger theme.
avanger.png

shield4.png

dagger2.png

Last edited:
Thanks, i've been spriting for just under two days now!

And have made like 30 lol :p

It is actually easy once you grasp the concepts of it, soon i will move on to outfits, monsters etc but i will need a lot of time for that, which is probably going to be after exams or weekends mainly.

As Promised ;D

My First Set: Dark Crusader Set:
Rumour has it these mighty crusaders had their equipment made from Dragonite Titanium and their blades being made from magically bounded carbon!

Helmet.png

armor.png

Legs.png

boots.png

kite-1.png

Blade.png

Last edited:
Very good your shading is getting better, I like the armor alot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks check post above yours, i edited into it, didn't update so didn't know i could bump it :p

Royal Set -

helm-1.png

Plate-1.png

Shield.png

Sword.png

Hunter Set - TODO

Shade (mage) Set - TODO

Last edited:
I might add a pheonix to it also. And maybe change shield emblem to pheonix too :) but its late now ill do tomorrow

Inspired by Forsaken's city guard found here i thought i'd attempt it. I did this from scratch but i followed the same design and theme, his is obviously better :p but it's my first attemp anyway :p

Edit: this wasn't a rip, however i manually recreated it into paint with small changes, yet i may have caused offence by doing this and therefore have removed it from my thread due to offending the oringinal owner. Sorry, meant no harm :)

Last edited:
Inspired by Forsaken's city guard found here i thought i'd attempt it. I did this from scratch but i followed the same design and theme, his is obviously better :p but it's my first attemp anyway :p

Sorry, but this just looks like a ripoff, better try to make an own design and only use other sprites to look how they are made.

Last edited:
Back