• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

I enjoyed a lot the time i was playing yestedary, even when i died to a unexpected poison field lawl.

I found some bugs, i might post on the platform but i couldnt do it yesterday.

And i have one visual improvement suggestion: The custom outfit you have as starter, the base is way too dark. You cant wear light color as the base is darky :( I wanted to be Furian pinky laidie, but could just get purple :(

Last edited:
Its a bit slow till level 9 - 10 i guess. Im now 8 i got stuck cause the blacksmither wasnt there for two days. I really want to make all the quests, but i feel kinda lost sometimes :p. And i have low gear as ranged i guess, i cant kill goblins :( also, the mana regen is low i think

Its a bit slow till level 9 - 10 i guess. Im now 8 i got stuck cause the blacksmither wasnt there for two days. I really want to make all the quests, but i feel kinda lost sometimes :p. And i have low gear as ranged i guess, i cant kill goblins :( also, the mana regen is low i think
That guy really irritates me. He works when I summon him manually or via a script, he's in his position in the map editor, but yet he doesn't spawn when the server starts. I'll have to write a script that will spawn him since I can't seem to figure out what's going on with him.

I'd tell you the exact of order of quests and monsters that you could hunt to speed up your entire process, but the thing is that it's all out there in the open and we don't want to force players to take linear paths (as much as that's possible) so we want you to explore and discover what is best for you.

If you're a ranger, you should be fine at gobos at that level, just don't lure more than 2 at once. In other words, tread lightly through the area and kill 1 by 1.

Mana regen is better the better the food you are eating is. You need to eat food with the vitamin Vitoa B to boost your mana regeneration. It also depends on your vitoa B stat (in your CTRL+S window), if you put points into that, you will have better mana regen. from food and more mana in general since each point gives you mana.

Dislike the beginner island, it feels so slow.

Probably because it's 1x RPG. There's a bunch of free EXP you can collect, earn it via all quests (there's some really easy ones like NPC Samwise) and of course monsters. If you have some specific details you'd like me to address, write them out as I can't comment much on "feels so slow", and thanks.

That guy really irritates me. He works when I summon him manually or via a script, he's in his position in the map editor, but yet he doesn't spawn when the server starts. I'll have to write a script that will spawn him since I can't seem to figure out what's going on with him.

I'd tell you the exact of order of quests and monsters that you could hunt to speed up your entire process, but the thing is that it's all out there in the open and we don't want to force players to take linear paths (as much as that's possible) so we want you to explore and discover what is best for you.

If you're a ranger, you should be fine at gobos at that level, just don't lure more than 2 at once. In other words, tread lightly through the area and kill 1 by 1.

Mana regen is better the better the food you are eating is. You need to eat food with the vitamin Vitoa B to boost your mana regeneration. It also depends on your vitoa B stat (in your CTRL+S window), if you put points into that, you will have better mana regen. from food and more mana in general since each point gives you mana.

Probably because it's 1x RPG. There's a bunch of free EXP you can collect, earn it via all quests (there's some really easy ones like NPC Samwise) and of course monsters. If you have some specific details you'd like me to address, write them out as I can't comment much on "feels so slow", and thanks.
Thanks for all that info. I dont want you to tell me the order of quest, i like exploring and taking risks, its the exciting parts of rpg, and which i like most. I want to complete 100% beginner island (if there are no weird secrets :p )

Again, great job. And GL on the blacksmithing guy xD

I dont know how to describe really, my experience so far in bawfuria is either you can kill it easily or you can't kill it at all, most of the stuff in bawfuria also feels like it should be done in a group, which is hard to get.

One thing that I have on my mind is how would bawfuria handle 100+ players? These quests require ore, and wood. It will be a mass fight for these items.

I dont know how to describe really, my experience so far in bawfuria is either you can kill it easily or you can't kill it at all, most of the stuff in bawfuria also feels like it should be done in a group, which is hard to get.

One thing that I have on my mind is how would bawfuria handle 100+ players? These quests require ore, and wood. It will be a mass fight for these items.

The first week or so will be cramped to say the least. People will struggle to get on top to leave the pack behind and Necronia isn't really centered around the kill mass amounts of creatures then leaving and making it a little more prolonged.
We consider it a temporary growing pain. As the server population matures the ever struggle for resources won't be as noticeable, as late game crafting isn't centered wholly around mined resources or wood. But a positive impact of a larger population is that people won't struggle to find groups to play with and will witness what Necronia is truly about - teamwork. A month after opening the gameplay should be at the pace it belongs. The experience rate won't be changed but it will feel a lot faster compared to now, which should correct your concern about the pace and killable creatures.
Avernum is also more equipped to handle a lot more players than Bawfuria. For instance, there are about 100+ houses in Conqueria alone and there are a lot of spawns around Conqueria equipped to handle a large amount of players. As we continue to work forwards the massive continent of Tjenn'Lunar will also make late game a challenge in itself and I doubt it will ever be overrun with players due to how much content is planned for it.

May I have some more specific details on your situation?
  • Your character's name, level and vocation?
  • Which monster are you trying to hunt that is too hard for you?
  • Which equipment/weapon are you using?
  • Have you finished any quests (if so, which ones)?
I'll be able to provide you some helpful tips if you can give me these details.

In a way however, you answered your own question. Sattnyr island and Bawfuria are a tiny place compared to the mainland. Hypothetically, if there were 100 players there, it would automatically be easier to find someone to hunt with, spawns would not be overrun by creatures cramping you into corners and wrecking you, and you would be able to trade/party loot all the resources you want.
Because most people will just try to rush through Bawfuria (unfortunately), I imagine there will not be anyone who'll be farming resources at the same place for a second longer than they need to.

We do plan to extend the lumberjacking isle pre-release to feature a bit more wood, as well as add more ores to the underground terragorn caves which are huge already.

Thanks for all that info. I dont want you to tell me the order of quest, i like exploring and taking risks, its the exciting parts of rpg, and which i like most. I want to complete 100% beginner island (if there are no weird secrets :p )

Again, great job. And GL on the blacksmithing guy xD

He should be working after the next restart :D

I found that some of the beginner quests aren't very good at describing on where to go to do said quest, and it gets very frustrating to figure out some things..

I found that some of the beginner quests aren't very good at describing on where to go to do said quest, and it gets very frustrating to figure out some things..

Changed a bunch of scripted dialogue for the NPC you reported of being unclear when I spoke to you ingame. It should not trouble people anymore! :)

Something funny? :p

We do have a vitamin/player stat system that boosts people's regeneration and whatnot based on said vitamins and stats. Maybe this can clear it up, otherwise... yeah, might sound funny to a regular tibia player. :kappa:

Hello again!

Today I'm bringing you a nice update featuring a new area with a bunch of monsters in it. These monsters drop new loot, and there is even a world event + a world boss located in this area!

So let's take a look at the

Stinkraw Swamp
What once used to be a giant green field blooming with life, river forks and ponds, is now a mass of mud, dead trees, toxic waters and horrible creatures.

This decaying field offers only death, and shelter to those who have nowhere left to go. The creatures living in the swamp are undoubtedly under the influence of the western radiation, the same way the swamp itself has been ever since it first started rotting.

i4WsM2L.png

The deeper you go, the more you can feel the effects of this radiation as you witness plants and wildlife twist in the worst of ways right before your eyes.

It is also known that the Elves have situated themselves somewhere in this swamp, covering a large territory. They've erected watchtowers, vine walls and wild traps to keep anyone from coming nearby, but many will find that very tempting, because the Swamp lies on the route between Conqueria and the city of Venoma.

Anyone who wants to witness Venoma's legendary beauty is bound to take the path through the dreaded swamp. Some are less fortunate than the others in this task.

7R3A4Yx.png

Near Conqueria, a ferocious dragon mother has taken camp within a cave just at the entrance of the city. Do not be fooled, for even the SDC knows it is no good to mess with this daunting beast. Commander Zen urges you not to come anywhere close to its cave, a cave full of precious dragon eggs, just laying on the floor unprotected.

When reason tells you one thing, and your greed says another, what will you do?

rcWxcc7.png

We need your help to test out the world quest by NPC Parcigh, but tread very lightly on your way to his hole, for there is a reason he's hiding down there. Gather up some supplies, and perhaps some friends, and stand threat to the dangers the Stinkraw Swamp will throw against you as you venture its grand fields of reeking death.

Good luck, and have fun testing!
Stinkraw Swamp Part 2 is coming approximately in 40 hours or less.

Zw5Vr3m.png

Server crash or u just switched it off?

It appears to have crashed, I've restarted it right now.

Uhm i second time kill giant spider on swamp and second crash come..

Back