• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

Read the latest news post entitled The Nightmare Returns here on our website!
Additionally, the first part of our rewritten lore has been posted in the Lore section.
Enjoy!

1779809_717024818329235_1380852619_n.png

i personally think this OT is going to be great, i never tried the one beforehand but this looks well managed and truly professional. But I am wondering how are the classes? balanced? because thats a hefty list of them

I apologize for the inconvenience, seems like our images that were hosted on photobucket have disappeared. I am working on that momentarily, it will be fixed soon.

i personally think this OT is going to be great, i never tried the one beforehand but this looks well managed and truly professional. But I am wondering how are the classes? balanced? because thats a hefty list of them

On our previous release, we managed to bring a good balance between almost all vocations (which is rather hard, considering there's 12 of them), but a few of them needed some more work to reach that point. However, we never got to that point because the server went down shortly afterwards. Before this release, we'll make sure that we balance them out as best as we can, and we'll have that tested by players too, so don't worry.

And yeah, thanks. :)

So Shiva, when you think your going to have some type of test/beta

When I think?
I honestly think somewhere in May. But we'll see how things go, it might be even earlier. Just depends on how many mappers help us out by that time :)
why so far away?? im sure theres probably enough content for everyone to get an experience from it. Also weren't you guys saying like early april before?

why so far away?? im sure theres probably enough content for everyone to get an experience from it. Also weren't you guys saying like early april before?

There is a currently a lot of content, but we want to have everything done, to have a totally completed game and to be able to provide a solid few months of gameplay without having to release constant updates. I contemplated releasing it ealier (without having everything done) but main parts of numerous questlines are connected to the areas that are still unfinished so we must get that done.

And that's the thing with telling people estimate dates, you can never be precise enough because plans vary a lot :| It doesn't help that we lost a lot of our members over time either, but we're still trying hard. I'm mapping as we speak :]

We've updated the [Donate] section of our website with various new information and pics. We're currently at 80% of the donation goal thanks to our dear supporters. <3

donatebar.png

Here's a small sneak peek of the latest client updates and ideas we're working on:

New item display and [Look] system:
Instead of the sole green text that displays when you 'Look' at something, you will now get a transparent window with all the information about the observed object. This window can be set to display anywhere you want it on the screen simply by dragging it and leaving it there. It can also be instantly closed by right-clicking anywhere on it.
It will work different for items, where it will display their stats and artifacts visually via small icons instead of endless green text. A small example can be seen here:
(This design is still under construction though)

show2.png

Improved Health and Combat window:
OTclient's simple design of these windows did not satisfy us so we decided to give them a little revamp.
The health window now displays your health, mana and stamina (exhaustion) in a brand new light, much more fitting with our client's new style.
Furthermore, the combat window, in addition to stances and manual/follow button now contains a PVP widget which displays if PVP is enabled or disabled for your character, if the security is turned on/off and the amount of frags.

show3.png

Let us know what you think about these changes and if you have any other suggestions. We still have many ideas that are yet to be implemented. We'll show them soon in one of the website updates.​

Last edited:
Adding frags in the game client has been something that has been needed in tibia since the beginning of the unjustified killing system.

Great artwork, and great ideas :).

I like them!
Just a suggestion, can you make it so the icon on the top left corner of each window is not as blurry?
That would make it look even better.
Great Work.

I like them!
Just a suggestion, can you make it so the icon on the top left corner of each window is not as blurry?
That would make it look even better.
Great Work.

Yes! That's something that I noticed just now. It will be fixed in a few minutes, it's just one small number to edit and it's done :D Thanks.

Nice look system shadow, i have created one with tooltip but it only show text... with icons for attributes it's very nice :p
Very good UI, you have used photoshop for create this?

Nice look system shadow, i have created one with tooltip but it only show text... with icons for attributes it's very nice :p
Very good UI, you have used photoshop for create this?

Thanks mate. Yeah, photoshop is your best friend when it comes to this type of stuff. It's especially easy to create small icons such as these.

I enjoy the effort, but I want to voice the concern of making sure the health window, combat window.. any window in general, doesn't get too big.

You want to keep things nice and compact, so the screen doesn't feel cluttered.

You also don't want to distract people with the UI.

The first thing I think was unnecessary, was how much bigger you made the minimize and X buttons.

Sure it looks nice, but I think it is a bit unnecessary, and it will get in the way later on when players have tons of backpacks and have to go through stuff.
Even when minimized, they will take up more room.

It is also a bit too colourful for something that is so mundane, but thats a bit of a personal opinion, and not really that objective.

I know alot of people will jump down my throat for this, but I don't like the health bars.

All the lines(bars) over the bar, the thin text font, and the fact that the numbers are not inside, seem to be working to distract me from actually seeing the real information I need.

When I look at my health bars, it is normally because I am either low on mana, or in the middle of combat and don't want to die.

On real tibia, the actual bars are small, and the numbers on the same plane, so it's easy to correlate them.

On the OT Client, the numbers are inside of the bars, so I see it right away.

With these health bars, my eyes jump all over the place.. there are little bars all over the health bar for no logical reason..

The little bars should be placed at important levels of health and mana, like at 75%, 50%, and 25%, so not only can it look nice, but it give you the information you need, and quick.

The text font is all thin and weak looking.. the numbers kinda blend in together.. which is not a good thing, you want each number to be bold, strong, and defined, you want it as vivid as possible, because no one wants to die because they had frustration from a bad choice in font.

But the biggest problem is, that my eyes have a problem finding the real information I need, the raw number of my current health or mana..

the real information I need is kinda pushed away underneath, which can be really annoying when you are playing in the middle of combat, about to die, and you NEED that information without thinking, you don't want players eyes jumping all over the place.

So my suggestion for that is to work the health bars to have the number of your health either be inside the actual health bar, or next to it, on the same plane, in a nice bold font.

The Combat Bar looks nice, artistically it looks nice, and the frag counter, after seeing it, is a MUST from here on out, after you see a real good idea, you never want to go back. haha

Only concerns are that the box is a bit too big, the big skull looks, weird.. and I think you should put back in keep-distance for a follow command.. the old feature where a player would keep 2 squares away from a target at all time.

I hope you take my post as actual criticism, and not bashing, as I want to see this server succeed, and I enjoy seeing someone make the effort that is needed to make a good server/game.

Not at all, thank you for taking your time to write some quality criticism.
I can completely see your point in quite a few of your complaints, and now that it has been pointed out, I can't help but feel the same. This is indeed why I posted it here so we can see what you guys think.

EDIT: Just want to remark that the size of these windows is completely proper and there is plenty of space all around the screen to put them (in case you want them to be in a specific place, you can do this manually as a player). The [x] and [-] button currently look nice, and I they're not even a problem with what you mentioned, but I will have to change them because of some other compatibility issues. No worries tho, the new icons will look nice too :3

Okay so here is a little update:

* Drastically reduced the amount of seperators so that the bars are better visible.
* Brightened the color of health and mana so they are easily spotted and distinguished from the background
* Fixed the blurry header icon
* Changed the font to a bolder version

q1.png

q2.png

Personally, I would choose the second option (without max. indicator) because it looks much cleaner, and the information you will always be seeking here (your current stat) is the only thing visible.
And even if you want to know your max hp/mana, all you have to do is scroll over the bar with your mouse and it will be displayed.

What do you guys think?​

Last edited:
I really like this new one, it looks so much cleaner and better.

Question; To be honest I like both of them, without the max hp/mana indicator it looks a bit more cleaner.
Though with the max max hp~ would become very useful, especially in PvP.

So yeah, I am gonna go with the second option too.

Back