• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia NW Revamp ♦ Mapping Thread

These wasp tower sprites are really tough to work with for me. I've got 2 more pics then I'm moving onto the next map piece - Oiorpata Village (something similar to amazon camp).

A whole lot of wasps infest this sludged cavern.
1_wasptower.png

Looks like these hungry honey-eaters made their way into a wasp tower. What can I say, the little wasps just could not bear with it.
2_wasptower.png

@GhostX: I'm counting on you, you know I can't do this on my own.. and Neconians are waiting.
11afrpw.jpg

Your mapping with these sprites looks good, I can't stand looking at them but when you use them it looks how it should. They're probably the only sprite I absolutely hate using. D:

Maby it's cuz i'm kinda newbie or something, but I like the new sprites and can't understand why everyone hates em so much :l

And the screens are moderate, the previous tower was better imo. Disliked bordering (especially swamp) und the towers are somehow messy

Your mapping with these sprites looks good, I can't stand looking at them but when you use them it looks how it should. They're probably the only sprite I absolutely hate using. D:

Thank god, the next piece(s) won't have this tile/brush set. :v

Maby it's cuz i'm kinda newbie or something, but I like the new sprites and can't understand why everyone hates em so much :l

And the screens are moderate, the previous tower was better imo. Disliked bordering (especially swamp) und the towers are somehow messy

I do like the new sprites, but I guess they require more creativity 'cause they haven't been used/seen often, so you don't have an idea in your mind that you could follow - you just have to try and create something by yourself. Which I often can do very good, but this time I either failed due to my condition or I used them in a wrong context. (this tileset is originally for underground caves afaik)

I can see where you drew your arguments from, since on those last 2 I put less effort, just wanted to get it over with kinda.

I'm looking forward to see what can I make of that Oiorpata Village tomorrow, will post results! :$

Here's a refreshment with a deep-swamp forest theme, however this is just a quick preview, there's a lot more to be done on it but I wanted to post something, so enjoy. :$

Oiorpatas have refined their homes in the everchanging swamp of Stinkraw.
(exterior)
1-14.png

Those beds look comfortable.
(interior)
2-10.png

Omfg. Is that on my current version?! If not i must haz it! That grass is pro. BT confirmed 22nd of jan when i get wifi installed. Was something to do with downtime over olympics due to some potential terrorist phone transfer attack or suttin, so they are backtracking orders over 2 months.. -.- but i wanna use that grass in the forest :3

Can't wait to get fully involved again. :)

Gentlemen, here you go. (download link)
Let me know if you map something epic with it, I wanna see. :3
I did some progress on this piece today, but will take me 1 more day to finish it and post pics.

Omfg. Is that on my current version?! If not i must haz it! That grass is pro. BT confirmed 22nd of jan when i get wifi installed. Was something to do with downtime over olympics due to some potential terrorist phone transfer attack or suttin, so they are backtracking orders over 2 months.. -.- but i wanna use that grass in the forest :3

Can't wait to get fully involved again. :)

So, you're coming back 22nd January? ):
And yeah, this grass is already in the editor you have. (ID: 14889)

Ill be active then. I am still mapping ^^ just can't show anything! :(

Ofc i am ^^!

And there will be lots to show! Only mapped a little bit today tho.. Just a waterfall/ side of a mountain. But as the last thing the public saw was the coast.. The next can be the forest ^^ which the bulk in general isn't far from done. ^^ just keeping inspiration for it is kinda hard ^^ but that grass has given me more :3

I bring some more pictures from the deep dark forest-swamp!

Androktones sure do enjoy their comfort in the renewed houses.
deepforst_123_zpsc9503b1d.png

Oiorpatas often place statues of their heroes somewhere from where they can guard their village with their mighty presence.
deepforst_1_zps76597441.png

Oiorpatas have cut down the giant mushroom so their witches can use its mystical powers.
deepforst_3_zpsb1e463c5.png

Witches often brew concoctions with various ingredients... some of them being human organs.
deepforst_12_zps8987d633.png

I think i dislike when there is too much grass borders on the swamp. It should be more that swamp overlaps on land, not inversely. (imo) Generally it's simple but those sprites make it hot :)

Looks great, keep it up!

That mushroom look's epic :) As well as the mapping in general <3

Thank you. :$

I think i dislike when there is too much grass borders on the swamp. It should be more that swamp overlaps on land, not inversely. (imo) Generally it's simple but those sprites make it hot :)

Well I like to put plants onto the swamp so I can have more free space for walking (or spamming with even more plants :ninja:), but both versions look good to me. ;3

Back