• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Netherlands] Ascalon - A new beginning [Fully Custom]

Status
Not open for further replies.
no more resets please i'm lvl 40 rox lol i don't get why it has to be offline while ujr fixing bugs, do u even know how to fix these?

@Blazed Druid maybe now you can get some of my perspective of what it's like to host a server with very high expectations. If I learned anything over the years it's that you have to make sure the server is absolute ready to be launched and you can't prematurely release it just because of people begging you to put it online. This is why DeathZot took 8~ months to develop. Running a server isn't easy and now maybe you can see what it's like trying to meet dates.

Despite the negative things you've said to Shawn and I about DeathZot over the last years I wish you good luck with this project.

no more resets please i'm lvl 40 rox lol i don't get why it has to be offline while ujr fixing bugs, do u even know how to fix these?

The reason that it has to be offline is so that we can peacefully develop the patches and make sure everything is working right.
And there will be no server wipe, so you can rest assured!
The only thing that might get reset are the tasks that you have done and the monsters you have slain for them.

How did the beta tests go when major features are not working properly and server is undoubtedly unstable. I'm just wondering how it is this never happened before during phase and now suddenly everything is just not going the way it is supposed to.

There was a beta running but no one found such bugs not sure if any bugs were found, also had not that much players max 10 playing , I hope all issues will be fixed asap...because this is one of the best custom made servers I ever played on :) thanks to @Fare <3

How could nobody find tasks not working? Deaths bugged to the max, messing up every possible feature there is on the server? This seems like major overlook

probably people got free levels and items on beta so they could have fun at dungeons and shit..

client have bug when open ascalon client shutdown my pc
and please back old web was better

How could nobody find tasks not working? Deaths bugged to the max, messing up every possible feature there is on the server? This seems like major overlook

probably people got free levels and items on beta so they could have fun at dungeons and shit..
None of that was broken in the last beta lmao. So things became broken in the recent months when they were updating the server

Skipped english lessons?
Come on, not everyone's native language is enlish nor they take any english classes.
They are just here to play a game not to get a doctorate in English Language.
Why would I get in-depth for a simple question? Well I'm one of those players whose native language isn't English.
It's not easy when you can't explain yourself to others.
Please take this in consideration.

On Topic;
Any news?

Best regards,
SpookieGamer.

It was fun while the server wasn't laggy, hopefully next time you got all the problems sorted out.

Was it even said how long it would be offline for? Blazed said yesterday they would just need an hour restart to fix tasks/%s/etc so I wouldn't imagine it'd take too long

Was it even said how long it would be offline for? Blazed said yesterday they would just need an hour restart to fix tasks/%s/etc so I wouldn't imagine it'd take too long
I'd also like to know of some sort of update/ how long it would take. Bit rude to leave us in the dark.

As I told you, Shit happends.. But still, This wasn't ready to launch... Too many bugs that they didnt existed while Fare was the owner. Also you guys told it's for fun, so get a dedicated server to avoid suffering Dd0s? Instead of making profit out of it. @Fare , IM sorry that this crashed Ascalon reputation, Try to advice the new owners with some of your knowledge PLEASE.

Greetings, Liro.

I still believe that the server should still be online while you're updating it. The ddossing and lag was annoying, but it wasn't unplayable. I enjoyed playing no matter what and I reckon that it will also give us all the chance to find any other possible bugs that might be around.
Please put it back online so we can play

Maybe some sort of time when the bugs will be fixed/server will be back online roughly. I know this wasn't intended it happens, but things like this isn't good for a release of a server. I vote free premmy for a week and give us our free 5 blessings at the start ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back