• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Map Editor

I like some features of the map editor... If it gets improved for sure i would use... Thanks for the effort ^_^

I'm not dead, the project is not dead aswell, just developing it secretly, if you have something to say then it better be something important and not a suggestion (If you want to give me a suggestion, later on I'll be posting when i'm accepting them) because currently im converting to opengl 2.0+ and thats what I need to pay attention to the most, thanks alot for the support everyone has done (by either commenting on this thread or liking my posts or anyother way). On a side note, please don't troll/write irrelevant posts in my thread(s) i.e #344 and #343. @people who are trying to compile/test it's better not to try it as it's current state is (terrible?), ofcourse you can test it any time but don't ever think about reporting something that's not working because I know what it is not working and what is. I'm open for any question that is (ON)topic.

Last edited:
@Sentielo yes, that will be on the mercurial repo when it's created : p

Hehe oke nice. I have got a few ideas, but I don't know if they are posted yet here. I think they are quite unique imo.That's why I would like seeiing a list.

A few things mayby for in the feature, if it's able to realise for you:
- "Dropbox system". This system will makes it possible that if you create a map in the mapeditor's shared folder, you are able to inivite friends on this map which can open it and work on it and saves it. I called it dropbox, because I think people will know what it means. Hope I made it clear.
- "Ingame NPC editor system". A way of adding a npc (and edit outfits and colours) on the mapeditor and place it on the map afterwards (a npc.xml file will be created). Will be easier to fix the colours for the npc.
- "Auto-border-selection". It's like the same way the autobordering option as the one of Remere's mapeditor, but you are now able to chooise which border with which ground will be merged. Why? If you create a mountain now for example, it will automaticly create the thick mountain border. You are now able to ask for the thin mountain border also =). Same goes for the dirt groundtype, where you got two types of.

Sorry to say but no, I'm not accepting ideas at the moment

Its nice to see activity from you again fallen! Good luck with the project.

Glad to see you started this back up... ;)

Best of luck<3
Red

New repo URL: https://github.com/otfallen/Q2DMapEditor - Create an account on github.com and post your account name or VM/PM it so I can add you, and you should be able to contribute. github is really simple to use & fast. Everyone is welcome to contribute anything (editing doc, source code, user interface etc...).

EDIT: Will be posting new commits on the repo.

Last edited:
New repo URL: https://github.com/otfallen/Q2DMapEditor - Create an account on github.com and post your account name or VM/PM it so I can add you, and you should be able to contribute. github is really simple to use & fast. Everyone is welcome to contribute anything (editing doc, source code, user interface etc...).

EDIT: Will be posting new commits on the repo.

Fallen, your repo is down. :(

Fallen, your repo is down. :(
Sorry, deleted it since not many has joined, Talaturen decided to add anyone who would like to join to the developer team and give them access to private SVN. :p

Ones that are in already: Three Magic (UI designer), Delirium (UI/coder) - Need more coders!!!

Last edited:
Back