• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[NL] [10.98] Dolport Challenges

Server Website/AAC
http://dolport-challenges.ddns.net/
Server Address
dolport-challenges.ddns.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
I understand your feelings, sadly I'm not able to make custom sprites/graphics since that's just outside my league, or I would but it's so bad that you turn instantly blind. So my custom stuff will be graphically the same as they are from RL tibia. I do have custom monsters but with known sprites.
I hope you can find your kind of server as well.
Anyway thanks for the feedback. :)
I think you may have understood me or I did not word myself precisely enough. I never meant custom sprites. While those are awesome I don't expect an OT developer to have them considering the time and money it would take to get nice looking ones. I simply meant custom as in edited names, hp, damage, loot, and spells. The same applies to items. I'm glad to hear you have some custom monsters. Hopefully you can add some items as well!

You have been around for a long time, mate. We both have. I always was happy about your feedback regarding my Damonia server back then. I also think your feedback is always quite helpful and beneficial to the projects you comment on. Unfortunately, you have already seen a lot of servers and while I can understand your hunger for custom sprites etc., only few projects will go that extra mile. Not to say there aren't any. For me, however, I have never felt the urge for different sprites. When I play OTS, I play it because I want to see that I am playing Tibia and because I like that kinda of art style, play style. Custom maps/features I don't mind though. When I want smth that looks and plays entirely different I'd usually just play some other game. This way, when I play an OTS it's just like going back in time with my retro glasses to have fun for a couple of weeks. Then go play other games.
That's just me though haha!

Take care mate! :)

Kind regards,
Damon
It's important to remember that Tibia means something different to each person and what that person enjoys while playing Tibia varies quite a lot. Most people already know what I like, but I still post my opinions in hopes that some OT developers might take me up on my opinion. I am sorry that you misunderstood what I said for custom sprites haha. I honestly don't expect people to have custom sprites due to the time and money as stated above. When I say custom monsters/items it usually means just editing the regular tibia content to make them different. Sprites are extremely extra and not needed to make a fun server. I love the Tibia art and play style as well which is why I still try to play it from time to time. I understand and respect your opinion on what you enjoy and look for in a Tibia server. :D

What I search for is being able to enjoy the game I love so much, but with a new fun experience. Think about the first time you killed a dragon, a demon, did POI quest, etc.. that feeling you got from doing those milestones for the first time was probably exhilarating! The more you do those same things the less exciting and challenging they become. Think of a spoiler for a TV show or movie. How upset would you be if someone spoiled a scene in one of your favorite things to watch? Well vanilla tibia is like one big spoiler for me. I've done the same things so many times. I know how strong a demon is, what it can drop, how to fight it, and so on. There is very little excitement in fighting a dragon now as opposed to the first time I ever fought one. That's where the beauty of tibia servers comes in. You can create pretty much anything you want. The number of new experiences you can have is limitless. That is why I get upset when I see a server that has a nice custom map, but very little to no custom items or monsters. I like to play a server and have it feel like I'm playing Tibia again for the first time. Not knowing how strong monsters are, how to do the quests, what items monsters can drop, etc.. it makes it very exciting and let's me enjoy Tibia but with new content.

Still might try the server when I get some time to check out the custom quests! Don't let my opinion discourage you either haha. As long as it's not a real map you are still doing a great job. :)

I think you may have understood me or I did not word myself precisely enough. I never meant custom sprites. While those are awesome I don't expect an OT developer to have them considering the time and money it would take to get nice looking ones. I simply meant custom as in edited names, hp, damage, loot, and spells. The same applies to items. I'm glad to hear you have some custom monsters. Hopefully you can add some items as well!

It's important to remember that Tibia means something different to each person and what that person enjoys while playing Tibia varies quite a lot. Most people already know what I like, but I still post my opinions in hopes that some OT developers might take me up on my opinion. I am sorry that you misunderstood what I said for custom sprites haha. I honestly don't expect people to have custom sprites due to the time and money as stated above. When I say custom monsters/items it usually means just editing the regular tibia content to make them different. Sprites are extremely extra and not needed to make a fun server. I love the Tibia art and play style as well which is why I still try to play it from time to time. I understand and respect your opinion on what you enjoy and look for in a Tibia server. :D

What I search for is being able to enjoy the game I love so much, but with a new fun experience. Think about the first time you killed a dragon, a demon, did POI quest, etc.. that feeling you got from doing those milestones for the first time was probably exhilarating! The more you do those same things the less exciting and challenging they become. Think of a spoiler for a TV show or movie. How upset would you be if someone spoiled a scene in one of your favorite things to watch? Well vanilla tibia is like one big spoiler for me. I've done the same things so many times. I know how strong a demon is, what it can drop, how to fight it, and so on. There is very little excitement in fighting a dragon now as opposed to the first time I ever fought one. That's where the beauty of tibia servers comes in. You can create pretty much anything you want. The number of new experiences you can have is limitless. That is why I get upset when I see a server that has a nice custom map, but very little to no custom items or monsters. I like to play a server and have it feel like I'm playing Tibia again for the first time. Not knowing how strong monsters are, how to do the quests, what items monsters can drop, etc.. it makes it very exciting and let's me enjoy Tibia but with new content.

Still might try the server when I get some time to check out the custom quests! Don't let my opinion discourage you either haha. As long as it's not a real map you are still doing a great job. :)

Thanks for the thorough reply mate :)
No need to apologize. I probably was just too dumb to understand it right at the first time haha. Now, this makes way more sense and is probably way more realistic than a full custom sprites server right off the bat. In that regard would you even play smth full custom sprites or is that too far away from Tibia? When I think of Zezenia for example it just looks like (sorry) an ugly clone. I wouldn't want to play it because of the looks. Medivia has put lots of work in custom sprites, too. But I can't bring myself to like them much. Hope you kinda get what I mean. Like you said, however, everyone has a different opinion of things and different priorities. Just one more question for understanding: Would you also prefer the monster names to change? Because I believe except for some small changes (e.g. rename Djinn factions etc) this will be hard. I mean renaming a dragon, a rat, a pig, a spider or a cyclops would seem weird to me as their looks give away what their names should/would be.

Kind regards,
Damon

I hope you will soon find such server you are looking for again :)

Thanks for the thorough reply mate :)
No need to apologize. I probably was just too dumb to understand it right at the first time haha. Now, this makes way more sense and is probably way more realistic than a full custom sprites server right off the bat. In that regard would you even play smth full custom sprites or is that too far away from Tibia? When I think of Zezenia for example it just looks like (sorry) an ugly clone. I wouldn't want to play it because of the looks. Medivia has put lots of work in custom sprites, too. But I can't bring myself to like them much. Hope you kinda get what I mean. Like you said, however, everyone has a different opinion of things and different priorities. Just one more question for understanding: Would you also prefer the monster names to change? Because I believe except for some small changes (e.g. rename Djinn factions etc) this will be hard. I mean renaming a dragon, a rat, a pig, a spider or a cyclops would seem weird to me as their looks give away what their names should/would be.

Kind regards,
Damon

I hope you will soon find such server you are looking for again :)
Yes I would still play something that's full custom sprite as long as it's still focused around Tibia play style. The graphics in Tibia isn't what matters to me but rather the gameplay itself, as it is for any other game. Doesn't matter what the graphics are like as long as I'm having fun. I was never into Zezenia because the play-style and controls were different from Tibia. The sprites of Zezenia didn't really bother me. I do understand what you are saying about the sprites and how you don't prefer them over the original tibia ones. I suppose that's why so many people were upset about custom sprite changes in Medivia.

I would prefer the names to be changed but it's not required as long as the damage, loot, and spells are edited. The monster I'm fighting just needs to be a new experience. I understand your reasoning on how it would be hard to create a different name for something considering it's appearance. I've seen it done before though, so it's not impossible. You just have to get creative! Translating the monster names to Latin is a fun easy way I think!

New Quest: Custo's sick wife

As of today Custo and his wife returned from their travels. Sadly on their travels Custo's wife got sick.
It is up to you guys to help him out with a cure.

unknown.png

Furthermore Professor Linus settled into his research tower.

Really enjoying this server so far. Good questlines and a well done map. Looking forward to explore more of the high level stuff :)

Really enjoying this server so far. Good questlines and a well done map. Looking forward to explore more of the high level stuff :)
Thanks for the kind words, slowly but surely more high stuff will get in. :)

Map update: Kabarson Jungle

With this update the real jungle is starting to show it's face. For the lower players new hunting grounds will be available. To reach the new hunting ground talk to Captain John in Dolport, be aware it's not a city but a jungle. Word is though that there are some people thinking of setting up a small establishment in the vicinity.

txueWTo.png

The jungle inhabits many creatures like for example the apes.
Once it was a place for lizards but the apes took over.

Apes

Of course there still are some lizards present in the Kabarson Jungle.

g8AW89n.png

Furthermore there are Hydra's on the mountain, these are perfect to hunt for the new task at the Hunting Force.
Which can also be reached a little east of Lothar.

YSrmrbW.png

Talking about tasks, there is also a new task to kill Terramites for the younger ones under us.
These can be found underneath the Kabarson jungle.

L5EQmEf.png

Map update: Mutated Rats & Tigers

With this update there is a new spawn for mutated rats & tigers added.
These seem to have escaped from the secret factory. So access to that location will be needed.

FJVcCal.png

Because of the further spread of the mutated rats and tigers, these also have been added to the tasklist.
Happy hunting!

Map update: High class lizards & Drakens

As of today a new area has been added, it's somewhere hidden under the Kabarson Jungle.
Here you'll find several kind of high class lizards.

eO4Zwnj.jpg

Furthermore this new location is only reachable following a quest. Are you able to unravel this mystery?

zskbuOw.png

Map update: Medisa

Good news everyone, the explorers were already done for a while in the Kabarson jungle and now the settlers, builders and investors as well. As of today the second city is added. This city is Medisa.

2K2EgUH.jpg

Medisa is a small city in the eastern part of the Kabarson jungle. Most of the inhabitants are from Dolport that were happy to live in a new area.
In Medisa all the important shops are located in one place to make things convenient for the people.

Gs8OFOu.png

Some area's are still closed off or hidden from the eye, but these will come accessible soon or late.
Enjoy your time in and around Medisa!

qpS1B2z.jpg

Last edited:
Hunting Places: East Dolport
In these articles is shown where the hunting places are in and around Dolport.
In this article we will focus on the eastern parts of Dolport, which are mainly inhabited by Minotaurs, Dragons, Stone Golems, Water elementals, Behemoths, Wyrms, Mutated bats/rats/tigers, Ogres, Gnarlhounds, Hydras and several kind of golems.

Client update: Android version

As of today it is possible to play Dolport with your android mobile phone.
You can find it under downloads, or at the link below:

Android: Dolport_otv8.apk

PS: Today in the evening there will be some testing going on with the new daily boss on the test server.

Global update: Daily boss implemented, autoloot turned off

As of today the Daily boss mission has been activated.
You can enter it here:

Sadly due to bugs in the backend we had to disable the autoloot function.
Maybe in a later date it will be activated again, if the bugs are removed.

Furthermore the Challenge spell was improved and we got a new map viewer.
(With the help of Gesior.pl map generator)

Map update: Kabarson ruins

After some long investigations in the dungeon below Kabarson jungle, explorers found a hidden passage.
You will need an offering to enter, but what lays beyond is no easy dungeon.

Ph29cyu.png

The floor below is an ancient ruin with all kinds of strong creatures.
You will encounter several hydra's, serpent spawns, medusae and other creatures.

AJJtJNR.png

So get your terra outfit ready and start exploring!

All I can say is that it's worth logging on. Underrated for sure. It's a nice atmosphere and very player friendly. These 1 man projects are the ones we all should be supporting and encouraging further as they're purely creating something out of passion rather than the idea of fame, greed & money.

I currently only just started, "Fenyks" if anyone ever decides to log on. Offline training at the moment but will be back 100% :).

All I can say is that it's worth logging on. Underrated for sure. It's a nice atmosphere and very player friendly. These 1 man projects are the ones we all should be supporting and encouraging further as they're purely creating something out of passion rather than the idea of fame, greed & money.

I currently only just started, "Fenyks" if anyone ever decides to log on. Offline training at the moment but will be back 100% :).
Thanks for the kind words. I hope you will enjoy your stay. :)

Update: Crafting

Today the update is all about one of the newest features in Dolport Challenges, which is Crafting.
You can read all about it on the crafting page under the library section.
You can see the current craft-able items and their recipe.

gFeNrqu.png
In Dolport it's possible to create your own weapons and armors, you can do this at the crafting station a few floors above Mugruu.

Crafting on it's own is a simple proces, gathering the materials might be a bit more difficult.

To craft an item you need to start with heating up the forging crucible. To do that you just use the wood that is next to you.

After you heated the forging crucible and everything is hot, the crafting station is ready to be used.
Put the materials on the counter and use the anvil. The needed materials will disappear and the item you want to forge will be created.

Enjoy your newly craft item!

I've been playing this server for some time now, and really like the server. The owner is active and working a lot in my eyes for content. Futhermore the playerbase is friendly and we are helping each other. This server is pretty underrated and deserves more players, it been an long time since I enjoyed an server this much and I keep playing it as long as I can. If people hesitate to play don't and just come and join us 😁.

Myself and probably some other players like to help you out getting some starter gear and help you with some quests!

Going to check the server out, but just an FYI, the first link for the download isn't working.
"This dolport-challenges.ddns.net page can’t be found
No webpage was found for the web address: http://dolport-challenges.ddns.net/api/dolport.rar"
Megaupload still works, thankfully.

Also, Sorcerer's don't get the 10 brown mushrooms that others do when first logging in. Not a big deal, just figured I'd point it out.

Liking the looks of the server so far, but I'll have to come back to it later once I have more time to play. :)

Regards,
Cody

Last edited:
Back