• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ no -ip issue please help me

darknelson

Solutions
Reaction score
im trying to set my no-ip adress on tfs 1.2 config lua (nostalrius 77) but when im try to login it send me error, just let me go inside character list, also with normal ip nothing happens, so in thiss ource happen cause on normal tfs 1.2 it doesnt, could you help me to modify my source to do that? thanks

Dont add the domain name itself in config.lua, instead add the ip address.

Ping the domain to see if the ip is correct.

Make sure the ports are open through router/firewall.
(for loginport and gameport).

If behind a router/local network, make sure ports are routed to the correct host through its appropriate local IP.

i know putting the ip good the server works bro, but i got another tfs 12x where i can put my no-ip domain and its works (my host is dynamic, change ip on every internet fall), thats why i love to add the function to work with no-ip could you help me? i got 2 sources of it.

i know putting the ip good the server works bro, but i got another tfs 12x where i can put my no-ip domain and its works (my host is dynamic, change ip on every internet fall), thats why i love to add the function to work with no-ip could you help me? i got 2 sources of it.
If your IP is dynamic on the host, then are you sure your domain is updated with the newly assigned IP?

You could also see this post by Infernum for further reference.

Last edited:
look men my server is up, Latest News - Nostalther (http://nostaltherchile.ddns.net) BUT is working with number ip

Lua:
-- Connection Config
-- NOTE: maxPlayers set to 0 means no limit
ip = "186.107.43.13"

if i put no-ip there example

Lua:
-- Connection Config
ip = "nostaltherchile.ddns.net"

Is just not work, they let you go in char list, but no go enter in world.

Now, i have another source of tfs when i put no ip and it works amazing.

i want to put the same function on my nostalrius sources.

help please

look men my server is up, Latest News - Nostalther (http://nostaltherchile.ddns.net) BUT is working with number ip

Lua:
-- Connection Config
ip = "186.107.43.13"

if i put no-ip there example

Lua:
-- Connection Config
ip = "nostaltherchile.ddns.net"

Is just not work, they let you go in char list, but no go enter in world.

Now, i have another source of tfs when i put no ip and it works amazing.

i want to put the same function on my nostalrius sources.

help please
Ok I understand you. I can't really explain as to why it works with one engine but not another.
Have you tried adding your domain to hosts, as per Infernum's post's instructions?

Hmm... I do remember using a domain instead of IP in config.lua before, and had it working. Years ago.
I dont remember which distro it was though. But yeah, the server probably does a resolve request on the domain to obtain the IP address to use.

@darknelson could you link us to one of those distros? I wanna have a peak at the source code.

yeah i dont know why just in this ot server sources it not work, love to have some help to compile it correctly, but i event dont know what part of code it is xD if i know i could try to do it with extract tfs 1.2 12x sources i have

Back