• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Nostalrius or Othire?

Zodia

Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of tests on both Nostalrius and Othire. I wanted to know who works the longest with them. Which of the two is the best to invest, and work?
Bearing in mind that I want to create an Old is Cool experience. 7.4 / 7.72 ...

Sorry, for my English.

Thanks

First thank you all for responding.

Why would they choose? \/

Can you tell me the reasons why you recommend this one, and not Nostalrius (What I am already using on my host) or Othire?

Nostalrius is very limited, you literally use cipsoft files, which is a big nono. You got most things cropped out of this engine. Flexibility is gone. Whole events, weapons folder cropped out. (its very helpful in lua, really) and if you like using cipsoft old files to edit the server, then yeah have fun!

Nostalrius is very limited, you literally use cipsoft files, which is a big nono. You got most things cropped out of this engine. Flexibility is gone. Whole events, weapons folder cropped out. (its very helpful in lua, really) and if you like using cipsoft old files to edit the server, then yeah have fun!

Interesting. But I think that was their intention ... A server that reads and uses Cipsoft files as a base. If to create a replica or as similar as possible from 7.7, I think it is a good idea, correct? I am afraid of only one thing. If anyone knows something, please say it. I want to invest good money to create a 7.7 experience. Money with marketing, maintenance ... But, is the server possible with any instability problems? I want to be able to host 300+ Online.

First thank you all for responding.

Why would they choose? \/

Can you tell me the reasons why you recommend this one, and not Nostalrius (What I am already using on my host) or Othire?
Look insteand of othire or nostalrius use the Nekiro downgraded tfs, im user of othire inclusive nostalrius and right now im moving everything from othire to this new engine i know i have alot of work but at the end everything will be fine... you can download a 7.4 map somewhere here and edit some codes in sources you will be able to load 7.4 maps 7.4 items, with 7.72 client and 7.4 spr dat

It's not limited really, re-implementation of events is a five minute task, weapons as LUA was really not used by many people including me, LUA NPCs really only I have the functionality aside from public release but almost everything is possible to do on Cipsoft NPCs, other than that is a more than capable server with everything from 7.72 and more correct and stable than any other out there by the simple fact that it uses cipsoft files.

Hi everyone.

@Ezzz,
Please, give me your thoughts on that.

I'm testing, compiling and trying to find the best version for 7.6~7.7 too.

On my findings I stumbled on those options:
  • OTHire
  • Nostalrius
  • TFS Downgrade by @Nekiro
  • OTX
  • Avesta

Avesta
It's too old, deprecated already. Moving on.

OTX
No idea. I read It's a fork of TFS 1.2 (here is the thread), but don't seem to receive any attention here like OTHire and Nostalrius. Maybe @Lelodro can give his feedback too?

TFS Downgrade by Nekiro
I see everyone saying it's the best option for stability, better source code, better engine, and all benefits of a long time project. Yet I have my doubts about combat formula, Monsters IA behavior and other features that mimics Tibia 7.6 mechanics, because, after all, It's a downgrade of newer versions. Maybe @Nekiro can add more on those topics...

OTHire
It's based on old Open Tibia project and stolen Cipsoft files (I didn't even know this story). Because of that, reading all comments of old users (like @Peonso) seems to be the distribution more accurate to old tibia mechanics, even being worse in other aspects compared, for exemple, to TFS (source code, stability).

Nostalrius
It's a fork of TFS 1.2 too. The author (@Ezzz) recommended using that version, even @Peonso disagreeing by the mechanics aspects (read the thread). Seems to have some issues in this regard, but It's more a problem of preference (mimic mechanics) than engine/performance/stability.

Some last observations, if you want to edit the sprites:

Nostalrius
don't use items.otb (binary file to impose items/sprites behavior), It uses a open format, .srv, like a JSON/YAML and so on. That said, you can easily use solutions like ObjectBuilder to edit Tibia .dat + .spr files and add those editions to items.srv. No troubles.

OTHire uses items.otb binary on version 2 (gosh, why binary! peformance?). To edit items.otb you will need OTItemEditor, but the only version that supports Tibia 7.6~7.7 it's the OTItemEditor 0.2.2 (I couldn't find the sources of that version on SVN), that specific version doesn't has a option to change all items/sprites properties, for example the prop alwaysOnTopOrder, called Stack Order on newer versions of ItemEditor. That option is critical to be able to add new walls and other resources that needs to be stacked above other sprites, like borders and grounds.

I have no clue how to solve this problem of editing items.otb. I would love to hear alternatives!

Update: You can resolve that using a fork of the new ItemEditor by @danilopucci (Github Repo)
You can find the binary compiled on the repo too.

Share you thoughts please!

Last edited:
OTHire uses items.otb binary on version 2 (gosh, why binary! peformance?). To edit items.otb you will need OTItemEditor, but the only version that supports Tibia 7.6~7.7 it's the OTItemEditor 0.2.2 (I couldn't find the sources of that version on SVN), that specific version doesn't has a option to change all items/sprites properties, for example the prop alwaysOnTopOrder,

I did fork ItemEditor from ottools adding compatibillity to older versions of items.otb. I really don't know about the alwaysOnTopOrder because I never used it too much, but it has all the features from last version of ottools

@danilopucci Wow! Thanks for contributing!

Now I was able to change the Stack Order to "Bottom", and works fine.
Here, testing wall caves from newer versions on Tibia 7.7 with borders beneath.
1587787791465.png

So, forget what I just said about limitations of adding sprites on OTHire due lack of editor, thanks to @danilopucci fork.

Hi everyone.

@Ezzz,
Please, give me your thoughts on that.

I'm testing, compiling and trying to find the best version for 7.6~7.7 too.

On my findings I stumbled on those options:
  • OTHire
  • Nostalrius
  • TFS Downgrade by @Nekiro
  • OTX
  • Avesta

Avesta
It's too old, deprecated already. Moving on.

OTX
No idea. I read It's a fork of TFS 1.2 (here is the thread), but don't seem to receive any attention here like OTHire and Nostalrius. Maybe @Lelodro can give his feedback too?

TFS Downgrade by Nekiro
I see everyone saying it's the best option for stability, better source code, better engine, and all benefits of a long time project. Yet I have my doubts about combat formula, Monsters IA behavior and other features that mimics Tibia 7.6 mechanics, because, after all, It's a downgrade of newer versions. Maybe @Nekiro can add more on those topics...

OTHire
It's based on old Open Tibia project and stolen Cipsoft files (I didn't even know this story). Because of that, reading all comments of old users (like @Peonso) seems to be the distribution more accurate to old tibia mechanics, even being worse in other aspects compared, for exemple, to TFS (source code, stability).

Nostalrius
It's a fork of TFS 1.2 too. The author (@Ezzz) recommended using that version, even @Peonso disagreeing by the mechanics aspects (read the thread). Seems to have some issues in this regard, but It's more a problem of preference (mimic mechanics) than engine/performance/stability.

Some last observations, if you want to edit the sprites:

Nostalrius
don't use items.otb (binary file to impose items/sprites behavior), It uses a open format, .srv, like a JSON/YAML and so on. That said, you can easily use solutions like ObjectBuilder to edit Tibia .dat + .spr files and add those editions to items.srv. No troubles.

OTHire uses items.otb binary on version 2 (gosh, why binary! peformance?). To edit items.otb you will need OTItemEditor, but the only version that supports Tibia 7.6~7.7 it's the OTItemEditor 0.2.2 (I couldn't find the sources of that version on SVN), that specific version doesn't has a option to change all items/sprites properties, for example the prop alwaysOnTopOrder, called Stack Order on newer versions of ItemEditor. That option is critical to be able to add new walls and other resources that needs to be stacked above other sprites, like borders and grounds.

I have no clue how to solve this problem of editing items.otb. I would love to hear alternatives!

Update: You can resolve that using a fork of the new ItemEditor by @danilopucci (Github Repo)
You can find the binary compiled on the repo too.

Share you thoughts please!
there is an editor for any 7.72 otb it's a download sections you only need to compile it. also you have like two options more at downlaods sections or google
Screenshot from 2020-04-25 01-39-53.png

also the things related othire formulas, may be true.. but you can check them easily and compare they're alosst the same and if you want them to be the sam. you can copy pate the othire code into nekiro fork it will work with few changes

onster behavior may be a bit corrupted and spells bt that all can be changed into lua and xml

Back