• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Nostalther Violet - True 7.4 Reverse Engineered Project

port hope was introduced in 7.6 so not really true 7.4

Violet is more about the realism of 7.4 engine and play style, not the map contents being cloned to a T.

As mentioned in the OP, Port Hope has been retrograde to be 7.4 style for borders, etc. Port Hope and Ankrahmun just add extra places to hunt. Particularly on a server with exp rates original 1x, choices of places to hunt can run out or be over occupied.

Future custom areas and content will also continue to be added in the future, in the theme and tuned to for the 7.4 play style, too.

The map is a convert of the 7.72 leaked map, merged with many many hours of tibia 7.4 cams, with some areas kept the way they were. We certainly aren't claiming the map is a perfect 7.4 replica, but everything else is ;)

Also without expansion and customisations, at the very least to the map and quests, things can get stale.

You're adding non-7.4 & custom content to the server? Well, damn. For some reason, OTLand users just have to add custom content and cross-platform clients to all old school servers. That's exactly what old school isn't. What a loss of potential. And of course, paid closed-source like everything these days on "O"tLand. Good luck with the project though.

Tibia 7.4, or a true replica of it, will most likely never come forth. I still lurk the forums occassionally, but it's gone from open source to pump-and-dump schemes. Glad you're at least not doing this for the money. But what a loss of potential nonetheless.

Is it just me or is the name "Nostalther Violet" way too complicated and bad for search engine optimization?

You're adding non-7.4 & custom content to the server? Well, damn. For some reason, OTLand users just have to add custom content and cross-platform clients to all old school servers. That's exactly what old school isn't. What a loss of potential. And of course, paid closed-source like everything these days on "O"tLand. Good luck with the project though.

Tibia 7.4, or a true replica of it, will most likely never come forth. I still lurk the forums occassionally, but it's gone from open source to pump-and-dump schemes. Glad you're at least not doing this for the money. But what a loss of potential nonetheless.

Is it just me or is the name "Nostalther Violet" way too complicated and bad for search engine optimization?
“Pump and dump scheme”, TVP has been in ACTIVE development lead by Ezzz for > 1 year. If you had access to the discord you would see how much progress he’s made towards a 1:1 7.4/7.7 replica

“Pump and dump scheme”, TVP has been in ACTIVE development lead by Ezzz for > 1 year. If you had access to the discord you would see how much progress he’s made towards a 1:1 7.4/7.7 replica

May as well be talking to a wall. 🤷‍♂️

One thing I’ve learned in life: People will judge you (or hate on you) no matter what you do, so you may as well do what you want to do and live your life.

I haven't added anything - yet. It's a true 7.4 replica, bar from Port Hope being included in the original leaked map. The engine and everything about it is still 7.4 style.

Never adding a single thing to a 7.4 replica will without doubt get stale. Expanding the map doesn't make it not old school, the key part is how pvp and pvm functions.

Also, no actively developed live server is completely open source. There's countless distributions available to use, none that are activly being used and hosted are completely and fully shared.

I don't think so, seems to come up very easily on google atm.

1660617611393.png

You seem to have missed what search engine optimization is. That is for people who doesn't know about the server. Sure, searching for that specific name is obviously going to work becuase nobody else have it. But how do you expect others to find the server?

Anyways, good luck with the server. And yeah most servers these days are just pump-and-dump schemes that close after a few months at most.

I haven't added anything - yet. It's a true 7.4 replica, bar from Port Hope being included in the original leaked map. The engine and everything about it is still 7.4 style.

Never adding a single thing to a 7.4 replica will without doubt get stale. Expanding the map doesn't make it not old school, the key part is how pvp and pvm functions.

Also, no actively developed live server is completely open source. There's countless distributions available to use, none that are activly being used and hosted are completely and fully shared.

I don't think so, seems to come up very easily on google atm.

View attachment 69909

What? you clearly need to learn some SEO or at least some keyword research.

Well I'd love to do better.

Can you elaborate?
Post automatically merged:

You seem to have missed what search engine optimization is. That is for people who doesn't know about the server. Sure, searching for that specific name is obviously going to work becuase nobody else have it. But how do you expect others to find the server?

Anyways, good luck with the server. And yeah most servers these days are just pump-and-dump schemes that close after a few months at most.

Oh, well It's certainly something I'll look further into, thanks.

And we're definitely not a pump-and-dump project. Been around for a few years and plan for many more to come! I'm not about running a server for a few months and/or doing resets.

Why do people with little SEO knowledge think that everyone else should also know it?
Why do you think that SEO will benefit an open tibia server?

Most of the players will be from an existing userbase, who switch servers to race to be the highest level. I have never searched in google looking for an open tibia server to play. I check the areas where, probably, the majority of open tibia server players check too.

Further to this, "Nostalther Violet" isn't going to be difficult to rank for keywords because of the name/domain, the name/domain isn't the issue. Quality content is, but again, who the fuck is going to spend thousands of hours on SEO when nobody playing OTs uses google to search for servers?

This is honestly the most dumbest argument I've seen on OTLand in a while, and that speaks volumes since this forum is a fucking shit show now.

@pink_panther - good luck with your project, be different.

Thanks man, we hope to.

I will look into some SOE options, at least a little anyway, i may help a bit, but thee plan is to use OT Discord servers, OT Server List websites and Facebook to advertise. I've also got a Facebook, Youtube and Instagram, though I'm not a big social media user.

Thanks to the amazing players on the test server, have some new adjustments today.

Major Speed System Rework: Instead of using the TFS Formula, Violet Server now uses fully reverse engineered CIPSoft Speed system for monsters, npcs and players. This largely addresses accuracy with monsters haste and paralyze effects/strength.

Seen here in this video (Mummy paralyse adjusted for purpose of this example), you can see paralyse effects vary in strength and that paralyse effects are replaced, even if the new parlyse is weaker than the one already applied.
View attachment SefGwyG97V.mp4

Some monster AI Tweaks, also thanks to player testing.

Some small adjustments into AI, such as their chase todo action list and attacking todo action lists fixed a small issue. While monster (especially like the hunter below) would attack quite fast, it now has the real tibia spam like effect with the extra shooting while stepping. Other monster that chase you will also be that li
ttle bit harder to avoid as they no longer stop to think about what they're doing to reach you.
View attachment NW0GueYxlI.mp4

Last edited:

I think no one plays 7.4 real replicas anymore. Most players wants it to get updates and improvements, the important deal is the formulas & behavior (A.I, player actions, etc) and the correct concept to keep updating / improving the game differently from the path that Cipsoft took so long ago.

I think no one plays 7.4 real replicas anymore. Most players wants it to get updates and improvements, the important deal is the formulas & behavior (A.I, player actions, etc) and the correct concept to keep updating / improving the game differently from the path that Cipsoft took so long ago.
I think people play the 7.4 replicas, but maybe not if there is never any new content.

I certainly plan to continue adding new content, but will aim to keep it in line with the true 7.4 play style, being in line with the Monster AI and PVP experience. I'll be planning to bring POI, Demon Oak and possibly inquisition into Violet for exmaple, these of course will require some careful balancing as the death/ice/holy elements altered game play in newer versions they're from.

no one plays 7.4 real replicas anymore. Most players wants it to get updates
20210228_114250-gif.55583

Why do people with little SEO knowledge think that everyone else should also know it?
Why do you think that SEO will benefit an open tibia server?

Most of the players will be from an existing userbase, who switch servers to race to be the highest level. I have never searched in google looking for an open tibia server to play. I check the areas where, probably, the majority of open tibia server players check too.

Further to this, "Nostalther Violet" isn't going to be difficult to rank for keywords because of the name/domain, the name/domain isn't the issue. Quality content is, but again, who the fuck is going to spend thousands of hours on SEO when nobody playing OTs uses google to search for servers?

This is honestly the most dumbest argument I've seen on OTLand in a while, and that speaks volumes since this forum is a fucking shit show now.

SEO certainly did matter for Medivia..... But Medivia are the best at everything (lets be honest)
Unfortunately they lost their mind with their pay-win bullsh*t.... all about them money

But yeh your right, I wouldnt put too much time on SEO o this.
Probably better to just create something new, uniq and exciting to the game.

Thanks to the amazing players on the test server, have some new adjustments today.

Major Speed System Rework: Instead of using the TFS Formula, Violet Server now uses fully reverse engineered CIPSoft Speed system for monsters, npcs and players. This largely addresses accuracy with monsters haste and paralyze effects/strength.

Seen here in this video (Mummy paralyse adjusted for purpose of this example), you can see paralyse effects vary in strength and that paralyse effects are replaced, even if the new parlyse is weaker than the one already applied.
View attachment 69981

Some monster AI Tweaks, also thanks to player testing.

Some small adjustments into AI, such as their chase todo action list and attacking todo action lists fixed a small issue. While monster (especially like the hunter below) would attack quite fast, it now has the real tibia spam like effect with the extra shooting while stepping. Other monster that chase you will also be that li
ttle bit harder to avoid as they no longer stop to think about what they're doing to reach you.
View attachment 69982
These are DOPE changes.

I am wondering if a secnario like this is possible let's say with a Dragon.
Dragon casting -> 1. Firewave, 2. Melee, 2. Fireball, 2. Firewave. This all in 0.5 seconds let's say, because:

1. Firewave fires while dragon is approaching (distance) then 2. Melee 2. Fireball and 2. Firewave is shot on contact.

Another question - will that Hunter on .gif stop moving that fast if you come close to him and keep close distance let's say on 'follow'? As I remember the hunter should go to 2 seconds moving mode where all his todo lists are now fired upon melee attacks.

Last edited:
These are DOPE changes.

I am wondering if a secnario like this is possible let's say with a Dragon.
Dragon casting -> 1. Firewave, 2. Melee, 2. Fireball, 2. Firewave. This all in 0.5 seconds let's say, because:

1. Firewave fires while dragon is approaching (distance) then 2. Melee 2. Fireball and 2. Firewave is shot on contact.

Another question - will that Hunter on .gif stop moving that fast if you come close to him and keep close distance let's say on 'follow'? As I remember the hunter should go to 2 seconds moving mode where all his todo lists are now fired upon melee attacks.

Technically yes, if it's still at range, the monsters cast interval is 1second, as well as an extra attack while it's stepping (This is why hunters seem to attack soo much while kiting.)

Kay posted a good example of a demon doing this kind of combo from 7.4 on this Tibiantis thead. Monsters on Violet will act like this. It might be rare, but they CAN do it.

BNvDlvj.gif

Yes, the monsters will act like this as well.

View attachment p7GILJSVdv.mp4

Technically yes, if it's still at range, the monsters cast interval is 1second, as well as an extra attack while it's stepping (This is why hunters seem to attack soo much while kiting.)

Kay posted a good example of a demon doing this kind of combo from 7.4 on this Tibiantis thead. Monsters on Violet will act like this. It might be rare, but they CAN do it.

View attachment 70019

Yes, the monsters will act like this as well.

View attachment 70020

Everything is clear. Hands down. Damn this is good I always loved that type of combos and really missed them on ots.

Back